Fragments of reaper power

Pano

Does anybody have a good way of farming them (if it is even possible)? Rerolling low level chests? Any particular quests with good Chests/Minute ratio? Does Treasure hunter elixir really helps (how much)? Is it worth using discovery elixir for this?

Mornyngstar

Essentially what you need is to consider short quests (maximizes Elixir/Potion use), high drop rates for named items and running it at the highest reaper you can get thru quickly.
For me (I haven't tried this yet) I would think Epic Boarder lands running it on R10 at lv 27 since base level of the quests are 21 (except Total Chaos at lv 22). If you just stay lv 27 and with a group each run thru should be less then an hour or you could just farm specific quests there like Treasure Hunt. I am unsure the drop rate of items there compared to other quests. You also may want to wait for an item/loot bonus weekend to get most of the farming.
Just from the regular reaper that I do I have gotten almost 100 reaper fragments without specifically farming for them. Still not sure what my cap reaper build is going to be yet so just saving them up as I run off past lives.

As a note you can't farm Heroic Borderlands for reaper items to turn in, from what I have heard. (Confirmation from someone that knows this would be helpful).

Purr

Correct, there is a ML on crunching them. I've seen reaper bonuses on level 1 items, bit you can't do anything with them.

Reaper frags would be the absolute grindiest of grinds, I think, without a full party to help you pull.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I think farming reaper frags will be a lesson in frustration. I would make it so that the run is worth it for other things as well.

If you are combining it with shard rerolls, then low heroics is the way; then it has to be something quick to get to, repeatable, maybe even one you multibox.

If you are not chest rerolling, them aim for stuff that is quick to get to. If you follow Mornyngstar’s suggestion, Watch Your Step is a fast zerg to the named item chest AND the quest is not done upon looting—so a solo character can hit it 8x. If you do it in heroics, you will get reaper boosted items but they cannot be made into frags (a shame—it is only 1 shard to reroll…but you can try to get a couple reaper 5 rings out of it for heroic ERs, even reaper 5 mythic 3).

Capped characters: 1) Hit Burkat and Snarla chest, WPM. You will get a few K sentient xp even if you don’t get your frags (named items drop in their chest). 2) Bash chest, Blockade Buster—very fast, ship to right, drops armor sometimes)
3) A Frosty Reception—frost giant chest opt
4) If you have a lockpicker—Coin Lord Chest, Eyes of Stone. Very fast.

Heroic farm:
1) Werewolf chest, immortality lessons: drops helm etc, not too bad, cheap (3 shard) reroll
2) Tilomere recommends slave lords; then I would say go for Aerie of the Slave Lords first chest just passed rats
3) Any quest you know well in Saltmarsh or Feywild that you can get to fast. Feywild has the advantage that weapons might drop in them and they could be boosted
4) Tear of Daakan—zerg it hard, lots of junky named items from mini champs along the way (stop at last one—don’t finish the quest. I forget which one is last but you can post it here.)
5) Home of memory—bring pots to skip shrines, cruise to end fight.
6) Redwillows—hit item chests like the Trolls, rinse repeat. Pretty fast.
7) Gwylan’s—like Tear, hit champ chests for various named stuff. You can make it easier by just targeting the above-ground stuff.
8) Irestone inlet—hit Dinks (ogre by shrine) and Skartongue (kobold by entrance). They always spawn, rinse repeat.
9) A frosty reception—run up and kill giant Opt. Not super fast but one more.

Updating…

Best time to do this is Treasure hunt weekends. Not sure how much a pot helps.

Last edited:

Pano

Sounds like zerging Fey with level 7 character on R1 with elixir of discovery might be it. 15 Chests per hour with 3x rerolls is 60 chest pulls (I know it might be fewer if reaper drop on the first reroll) with 33% R1 + 10% elixir is 43% -> ~25 named -> 1-2 frags for 135 AS? Seems very low.
Do you guys know how much the treasure hunters elixir helps? I know reaper item is approx 1:20 chance normaly.

droid327

Gatekeepers is a good set to run weekly, though Housekeeping is annoying since its 90% cutscene, though the Tea Party path is quick to finish.

They're all fast and, at L3, have really cheap rerolls. You can roll a L7 Vet character and jump right in. Be sure to have enough Search to do the tunnel pathway for Rosemary and avoid the crests and puzzle. Likewise be able to do the Fire Elemental path for Heart, so no Fire casters. And stock up on Bull and Bear pots to skip the fountains in Home.

Pots do help, as best I can tell, but a +5 pot is pretty weak. I recommend waiting for a Treasure Hunter weekend and using your pots and shards then, much better farm.

Into the Mists is another good farm, since it can drop both named items and weapons. Same for Fey, get an extra 10% chance at a FC weapon that can have a Reaper bonus, so Wake Me Up is an easy ransack (go swimming to avoid half the fights)

EinarMal

Yea until the cap is stable and at the current cost this is outside almost all players. I play a ton and have 120 reaper points and have maybe 175 fragments from years of playing reaper. I will not use them until the game cap is static.

I feel like the cost should be 25 frags, basically trade in 5 helms for 1 helm.

Grunndi

If there is no meta strategy for this, it might be better to just run endgame R10 and get some Sentient food and RXP at the same time.
Agreed. Run your high reapers at cap, particularly those that drop gear you want to upgrade myth/reap boosts on. Chests per min isn’t the most efficient, but you’ll get RXP, Sent food, rare filigrees, etc. and might pull that perfectly boosted item.

Smokewolf

I though I heard there was a patch while back specifically about boardlands Shard farming. Can't remember what it as though, so you may want to look it up before you commit to buying a bunch of rerolls.

PersonMan

I though I heard there was a patch while back specifically about boardlands Shard farming. Can't remember what it as though, so you may want to look it up before you commit to buying a bunch of rerolls.
When they changed Reaper crafting to allow anyone to deconstruct and reduced 100 cost to 75 they also put a level restriction that prevents deconstructing level 1-2 items, so you cannot farm heroic borderlands for reaper frags.

DBZ

Fast saga zergs dumnp sharns and vecnas garbage drop rates

Ring and hat and armor runs for the win

I'm unsure of how good it works out to, but diplomatic impunity, and framework both spawn multiple chest that can drop named items, so they might be a decent source of fragments.

Bjond

Feytwisted farms can be very efficient and not require pots or treasure days, especially if you have a set of 6 accounts. Twisted chests have a 100% named drop rate, 1 for every character in party. If there is a bonus that increases the chance of reaper-tags on items, you can run when that's available.

The only iffy part is effort to spawn the twisted for 6 (or how ever many L20+ accounts you have) items versus time spent on a regular farm with increased chance. It can take 30m or more to spawn a twisted.

BTW, I suspect that anyone that does a fragment farm is in for such intense DDO burnout that they're unlikely to be able to touch a keyboard without shaking and twitching for the next 3 years. Might as well punt DDO and save your sanity.

Aelastiar

The best way in my opinion is to get a friend and duo at endgame, farming the quests that drop the items you and they want with reaper bonus naturally daily, as well as super fast dailies like into the mists (chance of named with reaper and weps with reaper). If it drops, pass to the person who wants the item. Run with the highest loot bonuses you can stomach to afford and rerolling chests if desired (tho tbh id only reroll with loot boost weekend and treasure hunters elixir).

Doing it at cap is better imo because every item you want for endgame that you find with reaper bonus naturally is "worth" 75 fragments itself. And if you have a friend, you can pass to each other maximizing the chance to get each other's item (anymore than 2 people isn't worth it because then you need to run 50% more quests for the 3rd person and someones always missing out). This way you can still crunch junk reaper items but have the max chance of hitting the lotto on 75 frags because you and your friend are willing to pass each other their endgame item.

And even when you accumulate 75 frags, I wouldn't bother using them unless it's for the really good enchants like helm or ring or raid items because by the time you get enough frags, your endgame bis gear will probably have changed lol.