Fusillade/No Holds Barred

Souless

I would like to appeal to the developers again to make this boost instantaneous. There are 3 reasons for this appeal.

1. The wind-up is a joke in game (when you are in an appropriate group...tank/healer/dps/insta-killer). Everything except raid bosses and Doom Reapers are dead before the wind up is complete. You end up with your contribution to completion as insignificant.

2. If you are soloing or the last man alive, the delay to start the fusillade=dead. What that means is everything can outrun us now, and they close the range so fast that before you can complete the wind-up you are hit and killed. When you need burst DPS you NEED it RIGHT then...not 3 seconds later!

3. Finally, you have to know the quest before you fusillade. If it's your first time in the quest, in order to have the fusillade available you continue to hold your charges. This isn't fun. You don't see assassins holding their assassination back. You don't see fighters holding back on their attacks. You don't see Rangers holding back on their many-shot. You don't see insta-killers holding back on their fingers. The only ability that is forced to conserve and wait seems to be fusillade. WHY?

If you only want the boost to go for only 17 seconds then at least change the wind-up to a wind-down like it was when Inquisitive was first introduced. It will make cross bow users fun to play again. As an alternative, you could make the charges refill like other things do (wings, many-shot, leap)

That's it...

Souless/Spectyr/Xbow/Valice/Tazzor/Xindao
Ascent

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I don't play ranged much. But last time I had this, it was really annoying to me, and I ended up rarely using it. So, /agreed.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
1. The wind-up is a joke in game (when you are in an appropriate group...tank/healer/dps/insta-killer). Everything except raid bosses and Doom Reapers are dead before the wind up is complete. You end up with your contribution to completion as insignificant.

2. If you are soloing or the last man alive, the delay to start the fusillade=dead. What that means is everything can outrun us now, and they close the range so fast that before you can complete the wind-up you are hit and killed. When you need burst DPS you NEED it RIGHT then...not 3 seconds later
The instant use version that inquisitive had initially when first released was great. I'd hoped they'd give that version to artificer, instead they gave inquisitive the same windup time that artificer had when they nerf'd inquis.

3. Finally, you have to know the quest before you fusillade. If it's your first time in the quest, in order to have the fusillade available you continue to hold your charges. This isn't fun. You don't see assassins holding their assassination back. You don't see fighters holding back on their attacks. You don't see Rangers holding back on their many-shot. You don't see insta-killers holding back on their fingers. The only ability that is forced to conserve and wait seems to be fusillade. WHY?
It's no different than haste action boost for melee (which is a big damage bump for them); action boosts are limited per rest. Upside, if you want unlimited uses you can go t5 LD in epics and get action boosts recharged.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

i always found this silly. imagine if haste boost had a 3 second charge up before it worked :oops:. as an avid inquis player at leveling and endgame, I can say the artificial delay never made sense to me and it puts a huge hamper on a pretty great tree. inquis could probably also use some unnerfing to the DS penalty, but that's another story.

Last edited:

Mickeymouse

/signed.

At the time, it might have made sense... they should make it instant like the other boosts in the game. DDO is a fast paced game.

Beast

MAKE IT ISTANT, SAME COOLDOWN, LOWER DURATION

omg, i could be a game designer.. oh wait.

I usually activate it just before the start of combat. Then activate hunts end. Requires some meta game knowledge but once you get the timing down you’ll become a killing machine. Tip max action boosts. I usually have at least 12 uses of no holds. You won’t need to worry about conserving your uses then.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

The instant use version that inquisitive had initially when first released was great. I'd hoped they'd give that version to artificer, instead they gave inquisitive the same windup time that artificer had when they nerf'd inquis.

It's no different than haste action boost for melee (which is a big damage bump for them); action boosts are limited per rest. Upside, if you want unlimited uses you can go t5 LD in epics and get action boosts recharged.
Eh not really. I was lucky to see one recharge per quest from that T5 LD. Swapped it out for something useful after a few weeks. 👍

ACJ97F

It's like Runearms, with a design delay. You're either running around with an unloaded weapon, or you're staring at a charge UI the whole
game. No clue why it's not on a CD (recharge) up to your normal tier. "Stop running guys, I need to fire! ... /Charging /Charging /Charging...".

Mickeymouse

It's like Runearms, with a design delay. You're either running around with an unloaded weapon, or you're staring at a charge UI the whole
game. No clue why it's not on a CD (recharge) up to your normal tier. "Stop running guys, I need to fire! ... /Charging /Charging /Charging...".
HAHA yeah. Normally game designers try to get rid of clunky mechanics, since no one wants their game to feel unresponsive, slow etc.. in DDO they actively implement bad design.