Gianthold Feast or Famine

Xezon

Bug Report Number:
The quest Feast or Famine in Gianthold is not automatically picking up as a walk up to as it should, preventing completion of the saga.

I'm on a blightcaster running with an arty. Not sure if it makes any difference or not, but it won't give either of us the quest to be able to share with the other as a work around.

Ambitious

Life Shaper
Where to start?

1) This a forum meant to discuss (not report) bugs
2) That's why you have to enter the bug report number, so the developers know what bug report is being discussed here.
3) You posting here with bug report number 0 means you haven't actually reported it
4) I just tested it for myself. The quest is being auto-granted as you walk up to the quest. Both in heroic and epic Gianthold
5) If you completed the quest but haven't handed it in yet, the quest will not be given again. For example you completed the quest in heroic, didn't get the reward, then you will not get it again if you try to enter on epic.

Enoach

When a walkup quest is not granted automatically the things to check
The Door - does it give the red text You are not on the right quest? That would indicate you haven't turned it in. This would be resolved by returning to the quest giver getting the reward, or going into the Quest Journal abandoning the quest walk away and then back into trigger zone.

Xezon

Where to start?

1) This a forum meant to discuss (not report) bugs
2) That's why you have to enter the bug report number, so the developers know what bug report is being discussed here.
3) You posting here with bug report number 0 means you haven't actually reported it
4) I just tested it for myself. The quest is being auto-granted as you walk up to the quest. Both in heroic and epic Gianthold
5) If you completed the quest but haven't handed it in yet, the quest will not be given again. For example you completed the quest in heroic, didn't get the reward, then you will not get it again if you try to enter on epic.
Where to start?

1) Reporting a Bug is a way of discussing a Bug. How are you going to discuss a bug without it being publically reported?
2) A bug report was submitting in game using the help menu/bug report, the bug number has been updated in the main thread. It was listed as report 0 as i was waiting on the email when typing this up.
3) See reason 2 for the report number 0. And don't make assumptions without knowing the reality of the situation.
&
5) I just retested it and made sure that the quest was indeed turned in for the heroic version, and neither of our characters were able to pick it up as long as I was in the party with my blight caster

Don't be rude and presumptuous. It doesn't aid understanding, doesn't add to discussion, and doesn't help resolve an issue.
When a walkup quest is not granted automatically the things to check
The Door - does it give the red text You are not on the right quest? That would indicate you haven't turned it in. This would be resolved by returning to the quest giver getting the reward, or going into the Quest Journal abandoning the quest walk away and then back into trigger zone.
I've double checked and verified that the quest was indeed turned in. I found a work around by breaking party, having my party member walk up to the door, gain the quest and then share it with me.

First time in almost a decade I've come across this one. If anyone else runs into this issue follow these steps

1) As said before, make sure you're turned in the lower level quest if you've done it.
2) If you still can't get the quest, you can still get it from a party member if they are able to pick it up using the share option.
3) Alternatively you can always ask in Giant hold/Guild members if someone has the quest to share with you.

I haven't found a reason why It's not working on this specific character, but no matter how many times I complete the quest, turn it in and return to the dungeon entrance, I still can't obtain the quest without it being shared to me.

Last edited: