Gold Seal hireling disappearing

Malleable

So, for the 2nd time a Gold Seal rogue hire that I had banked for future use, disappeared on entry into a quest/slayer area. The first time around, it still had something like 34 minutes to go, and the 2nd time it had 4 minutes to go.

☹️

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
Odd that it would run out before using up it's timer, I have not had that happen on a gold seal. Don't know if there is a current bug on them. Bummer because you spent real store points on them.

ya, the clock starts to tic soon as you enter the slay area before you get to a quest on all hirelings, but never have I had them go away before the timer finished. Unless of course it is a permanent hireling from a bundled expansion purchase.

I often get myself regular hirelings for mana dv's, when I see they are already 'on the timer' I put them up at the entrance to a slay area and park it. Then when I get into quest I summon it inside. That way, even if they time out, they still are active until you totally exit out.

If you have more quests to do that are in the said slay area, such as Feywild, Cogs, Gianthold or Necropolis, when you exit the quest they come with you and are in the slayer area.
Again, I park them and then call them in, but once the timer is finished and you exit the whole area back to town, they are done.

I hope you get refunded on your points.

Enoach

just a question:
When you reviewed the amount of time left, was that in your inventory or was that while it was in the bank?

I know in the past that there has been a known issue that when a hireling contract was in the shared bank that its timer does seem to continue, but is not updated until it is put in the backpack.

Since the character bank update, I noticed that the character bank now appears to act the same way.

Ahpuch

I don't know if it is intentional or not but it seems that you cannot bank goldseal (and many plat bought) hirelings in the bank to pause the timer. The timer starts when you first summon them and if you run other quests while they are in the bank it appears to note that and take that into account when you hit the next quest/explorer. That may mean it decides it is expired and removes itself from your inventory.

Update: It is not as cut and dried as I had assumed. I found a level 13 Gold Seal in the bank with 31 minutes left and pulled it out. I had no idea how long it had been there but I definetly have run a bunch of quests since it went into the bank. I ran in to an explorer and it still had the same time left as it showed in the bank. I put it back into the shared bank, parked the character in the Saltmarsh wilderness for 5 minutes, got the hireling out of the bank and it still had 31 minutes left even after I reentered the explorer zone. So it seems like a random bug and likely not intentional.

Last edited:

JaynChar2019

So, for the 2nd time a Gold Seal rogue hire that I had banked for future use, disappeared on entry into a quest/slayer area. The first time around, it still had something like 34 minutes to go, and the 2nd time it had 4 minutes to go.

☹️
Oddly I have a level 9 hireling that is not goldseal that will not dissapear. I cached him in my bank till next TR. Wondering how long he will last lol.

WargamerIV

Oddly I have a level 9 hireling that is not goldseal that will not dissapear. I cached him in my bank till next TR. Wondering how long he will last lol.
An issue with this problem is that when the contract is in your bank or when you put it back in your inventory it will still show time left, but when you step into an area where the timer starts, the remaining time goes away and contract disappears.