Do you find graph paper sexy?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Livmo

I used to do precisely this for all the Zork Infocom text adventures as well as the SSI Gold box games!

4keXriu.jpg
My maps never came out this nice. Very well done!

This was my fav back in the day and games have come a long way since then!

4169437-questron-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg

questron_17.png

Last edited:

Livmo

Not sexy, but serious joyful nostalgia and sparks so many instant memories at the mere sight (not all good, algrebra...ugh, but the rest of the friend filled D&D ones, nothing can compare!).
For nostalgia I had to take a general education class in college for computers. To get into the computer lab you needed a flow chart. I got in on the 1st try, because I wrote a program in BASIC to roll dice. Of course it was easier to actually roll dice than load a 5.25 floppy disc etc., but I thought it was cool that I got past the door guard on the 1 try!

Buddha5440

Although, the way multi level maps are handled with the 'Map' feature of DDO (ie. shows every level in most of them, so no vertical component), graph paper may be better :)

Buddha5440

For nostalgia I had to take a general education class in college for computers. To get into the computer lab you needed a flow chart. I got in on the 1st try, because I wrote a program in BASIC to roll dice. Of course it was easier to actually roll dice than load a 5.25 floppy disc etc., but I thought it was cool that I got past the door guard on the 1 try!
Gotta love BASIC... I had a subscription to ANTIC magazine when I was a kid and remember spending many hours typing in code to run a rouge-like game with ASCII characters...ahh DOS...those were the days :) Heck, I still have some 5-1/4" disks, as well as some 3.5" disks around somewhere (things like fdisk and the like).