Greater tome of epic learning only giving 10%

Vyder

Any quest I have done on heroic I am only getting 10% from the greater tome of epic learning first time through on epic. That can't be how it's supposed to work? I would post a pic but can't figure out how.

Krelar

I don't think I've ever seen an official response, but that is the way the tome's have worked for a long time. (Maybe even since they were introduced over a decade ago).

Spoon of Khyber

Quests that have the same name heroic and epic are considered the same. Quests like Madstone have another version name like Return to Madstone and get the full bonus (I think...)

Vyder

Strange that doing the same quest on epic as heroic gives first time bonuses both times. Not sure why the tome wouldn't work the same way.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It didn't work that way initially. After years and years they changed it. Maybe someday they will change the tomes too.
It would be nice if they someday do that; seems like all the recent XP work would've been a good time.

erethizon1

Any quest I have done on heroic I am only getting 10% from the greater tome of epic learning first time through on epic. That can't be how it's supposed to work? I would post a pic but can't figure out how.
This is definitely normal. It used to be that running on heroic would prevent first time bonuses on epic, so we would run just the heroic only quests at heroic levels. They eventually changed it, but the tomes of learning were never changed so there is still a reason to avoid running a quest on heroic if it has an epic option.

Wizard

I think it should be changed. Epic/legendary is not the same quest as heroic and should give full xp tome bonus. After all , they want us to play the new quests often, no? And all newer content has heroic & epic/legendary.

Vyder

From today's lama preview.

• Tomes of Learning and Epic Tomes of Learning (both Greater and Lesser) have been upgraded and now check each tier of difficulty independently to determine if you are "repeating" a quest. This means that completing a dungeon on Heroic will not count as "completed" for the Epic tome, so you'll be eligible for the Tome's first time bonus again separately.

Wizard

Great fix! Will finally work as advertised.

It will give me +15% xp on quite a few quests in epics since I tend to do a lot of questlines in both heroic and epic/legendary.

Nandos

Tomes of Heroic and Epic Learning are on sale this week for 2 more days. There is even a bonus coupon available. Now is a good time to pick one up since they are getting buffed next update.

Altra

Tomes of Heroic and Epic Learning are on sale this week for 2 more days. There is even a bonus coupon available. Now is a good time to pick one up since they are getting buffed next update.
Unless your character happens to not be the right level.
Apparently you can't buy these and bank them until you need them.
(Yeah, I'm a little bit pissed)

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
From today's lama preview.

• Tomes of Learning and Epic Tomes of Learning (both Greater and Lesser) have been upgraded and now check each tier of difficulty independently to determine if you are "repeating" a quest. This means that completing a dungeon on Heroic will not count as "completed" for the Epic tome, so you'll be eligible for the Tome's first time bonus again separately.
This is perhaps overdue, but nonetheless very very nice.