Handwraps and TOD rings not working.

Dexraven

Hi All,

I'm a returning player (7 year break) and i'me leveling my Monk through a paladin life and just hit level 18 and have equipped my TOD rings with Holy burst and Shocking burst crafted onto them form incredable potontial.

However, the holy burst and shocking burst effects are not affectingmy handwrap attacks, i'm not hsing any wraps with similar effects ans in know they wouldn't stack.

I'm assuming their has been a system change at some point whilst i was away, but i cant find anything on the wiki to help.

Is their somthing i can do to get the effects working again?

Many thanks,

Dex

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Correct, there was a change a while back that changed Handwraps into actual weapon classifications. This resulted in many "actual" unarmed (no weapons equipped) retain the abilities (Holy from ToD rings, or Vorpal Strike at Epic), whilst if you have Handwraps, you'll be lucky to get any of it working again (Vorpal Strikes thankfully retains Slashing DR bypass but you lose Vorpal effect).

So unfortunately, short of getting Handwraps with Holy/Pure Good, etc on it and switching to them for use for that effect (Holy, etc), you won't be able to get the ToD ring effects working again (effects that rely on being "Unarmed").

J1NG

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Hi All,

I'm a returning player (7 year break) and i'me leveling my Monk through a paladin life and just hit level 18 and have equipped my TOD rings with Holy burst and Shocking burst crafted onto them form incredable potontial.

However, the holy burst and shocking burst effects are not affectingmy handwrap attacks, i'm not hsing any wraps with similar effects ans in know they wouldn't stack.

I'm assuming their has been a system change at some point whilst i was away, but i cant find anything on the wiki to help.

Is their somthing i can do to get the effects working again?

Many thanks,

Dex
So, wait, rings had Holy Burst? and Shocking Burst?