Handwraps Monk Build

Fabo

Just bought IoD since it is on sale. Time to start farming 😊 you are missing artifact bonus to PRR or I didnt see right ?

Kaladynn

Just bought IoD since it is on sale. Time to start farming 😊 you are missing artifact bonus to PRR or I didnt see right ?
This build doesn't have artifact bonus to PRR, instead it gets 30 profane PRR from the Legendary Dread Isle's Curse set. If you really wanted the artifact prr you could use set augments to slot it in.

PURPLETIMB

Sorry if this is a newb question, but I don't understand why you're taking Harbinger of Chaos. I thought it only gave you a benefit if you are chaotic alignment? Or are you taking it just for the 2% doublestike?

misterski

Sorry if this is a newb question, but I don't understand why you're taking Harbinger of Chaos. I thought it only gave you a benefit if you are chaotic alignment? Or are you taking it just for the 2% doublestike?
Yes it's for the double strike. You always want to get as close to 100% double strike as possible in your build, including buffs.

ThatSwede

Newbie question, but can someone explain the feat swap of Dodge at level 1? I know you do the Lockania quest and go talk to Fred, but when do I do it? Dodge is not available at level 1, and I can't pick Mobility at at level two without it.

misterski

Dodge is available at level 1 if your DEX is 13+ at level 1. When using Fred it takes into account your base stats at a particular level when determining if you are eligible for a feat. So if your base DEX is below 13 at level 1 you won't be able to take Dodge at level 1. This includes tome bonuses which are level gated and the attribute point you get every 4 levels.

Tuxedomanwashere

- If you run a fair amount of high reaper content, I'd drop Spring Attack for Two Weapon Defense. That 10 MRR cap makes a difference.
Last I checked, TWD only works if you are actually using two different weapons at the same time.
Edit: checked it again just now and it seems to be providing the MRR cap with handwraps too. Weird.

Last edited:

Qtcreator

hi,newbie question,why no
  • Improved Deception
    Icon tooltip.png
    ?

Spook

The build as written in the OP is about 290mp in reaper im sure Kaladynn is over 300 with mythic/reaper boosted items

Kyrr

Can someone elaborate on this? Sorry if I'm being dense, but I lack the art of subtlety. Is 2% DS really better than an extra 15% offhand DS?
Sure! Wraps are considered full hand items so they receive full off hand effects as well. So offhand doublestrike does nothing because it's not an off hand item.