HARDCORE IS UP AND LIVE

Justfungus

as said, HCL server is up and running
UPDATE - likely a glitch, fun glitch be still a glitch

Last edited:

vryxnr

I'm guessing this was opened up in error, given there was no announcement and it's still using the last theme and the "world is about to end distortion" that happens at the end of the event is happening there right now.

Justfungus

OK, this might be a glitch.
Made a toon but is still set for Kobolds and is still doing the after-party sky effect.
I expect it to be shut down soon likely

haagmaar123

i really wish they would just open a permanent hardcore server and just rotate seasons every few months. they could then just add one new season per year. so many people are complaining on both of ends of the difficulty scales on these forums why not let us just have one server to challenge those that want to be challenged instead of the boring regular servers.

Sturmbb

i really wish they would just open a permanent hardcore server and just rotate seasons every few months. they could then just add one new season per year. so many people are complaining on both of ends of the difficulty scales on these forums why not let us just have one server to challenge those that want to be challenged instead of the boring regular servers.
I'd be very happy with this. I am trying to force myself to play on the Live servers. But i don't really have any goals. At the moment i am just farming end gear for my end toon. I have never TR'd a toon and i just don't have any desire to. I see a lot of players running around with lots past life's absolutely demolishing the content. For me i enjoy a challenge. That's why i am happy to run toons with no past lives as there is sort of a challenge running the content. If Hardcore was up permanently and every few months the cosmetic rewards changed (and the server reset). Than i would be really happy. I actually find it amusing how people (who have multiple reaper points and past lives) are complaining there is no challenge in the game. That's why i love Hardcore as we are all starting from Scratch and you only have the knowledge of the game to help you beat the content. Also Grouping is a lot more enjoyable as you have to work as a team.

Sevens

I like that there is a break between seasons. But 3rd one per year (2 month long) would be nice.
But what would be better is if there is something we can look forward to when a hardcore season ends that encourages us to go back to regular server; something to help the hardcore folks ease back into regular servers.

Justfungus

I am a fan of a permanent HCL server. If SS wants to make some extra money
between HCL seasons, just make players buy 'Get out of dead lands' passes from the coin store
if they die and players want to bring them back. :p

Owlbear

I am a fan of a permanent HCL server. If SS wants to make some extra money
between HCL seasons, just make players buy 'Get out of dead lands' passes from the coin store
if they die and players want to bring them back. :p
The thing is; Event Hardcore servers gets them a ton of $$$.. Why ruin that by making it permanent? People spending tons of money everytime they have to start on 0 on a new server. Especially with the leaderboard race that comes with it.

Oh and did you find any new mechanics on the server while it was online for a short time?

Sturmbb

The thing is; Event Hardcore servers gets them a ton of $$$.. Why ruin that by making it permanent? People spending tons of money everytime they have to start on 0 on a new server. Especially with the leaderboard race that comes with it.

Oh and did you find any new mechanics on the server while it was online for a short time?
This is exactly correct. but if they had a Hardcore Permanent server. That reset every 3 - 4 months. Than the people who love running Hardcore would still spend money (if not more). I know people say it takes players away from the live server, but there is a substantial amount of people that only play when Hardcore is on. Since season 1 started i think I've only played on the live server maybe 30 times (which sounds like a lot but not really since its been 4 years since season 1) I am in the process of trying to motivate myself to play on live server, but its really a struggle as I don't like the TR system. Which is really our end game loop now (back when lvl 20 was cap i used to love playing the end game content as you was farming items and there was a lot of grouping back than).

haagmaar123

if hardcore is taking away from normal servers theres a reason for that its what people in that subset enjoy and want to play. its not our fault that the normal servers are boring and not fun. if it really destroys the normal servers what does that tell you about the normal servers probably that they are less enjoyable and maybe ssg needs to change them or just give us a permanent hardcore server.

haagmaar123

I'd be very happy with this. I am trying to force myself to play on the Live servers. But i don't really have any goals. At the moment i am just farming end gear for my end toon. I have never TR'd a toon and i just don't have any desire to. I see a lot of players running around with lots past life's absolutely demolishing the content. For me i enjoy a challenge. That's why i am happy to run toons with no past lives as there is sort of a challenge running the content. If Hardcore was up permanently and every few months the cosmetic rewards changed (and the server reset). Than i would be really happy. I actually find it amusing how people (who have multiple reaper points and past lives) are complaining there is no challenge in the game. That's why i love Hardcore as we are all starting from Scratch and you only have the knowledge of the game to help you beat the content. Also Grouping is a lot more enjoyable as you have to work as a team.
pretty much everything you said is what makes hardcore more enjoyable better challenge ,less grind, an actual obtainable goal that doesnt go on forever as a huge grind, and also new beginnings every few months.

popejubal

This is exactly correct. but if they had a Hardcore Permanent server. That reset every 3 - 4 months. Than the people who love running Hardcore would still spend money (if not more). I know people say it takes players away from the live server, but there is a substantial amount of people that only play when Hardcore is on. Since season 1 started i think I've only played on the live server maybe 30 times (which sounds like a lot but not really since its been 4 years since season 1) I am in the process of trying to motivate myself to play on live server, but its really a struggle as I don't like the TR system. Which is really our end game loop now (back when lvl 20 was cap i used to love playing the end game content as you was farming items and there was a lot of grouping back than).
It’s like the McRib sandwich and Otto’s Boxes. The fact that you can’t always get it increases the appeal.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
So much yes to permanent test server. So much no to permanent hardcore anything.
Now this is an idea I'd like. It achieves a good thing while not really having any negative effects on people who aren't interested.

A permanent Hardcore server, on the other hand, would be a staggering inconvenience to those of us who prefer playing on a server that doesn't completely wipe our progress for a single mistake - a fairly sizable proportion of the playerbase, as it happens, so we'd rather appreciate not just being summarily dismissed. (Illithid Invasion made things harder on the live servers for eight days, and for most of those it seemed like half the posts on the forums were to complain about it.)