Hardcore Season 9 - What does get extra life mean?

ProllyDidItWrong

Sorry, this is only my second time participating in HC, last time I couldn't get a character out of the harbor - Kobold still hates me.
This time I'm playing it much more carefully and I'm currently level 7, banking level 8+ until I finish up Feywild. So when I cash in level 8 I will get an extra life?
Does that mean that the Ghost of Hardcore will let me die once before he takes me off to never never land? And then again at... 16 is it?

tanks
PDIW

Cordovan

Community Manager
It means that if you die, your soul stone will appear in the dungeon just like on the regular worlds. You can recall out (safest option) or resurrect yourself if you can through whatever method. If you do rez in-dungeon though be careful where and when you rez! People can also take your soul stone to shrines just like normal.

Once you die a second time (or third, depending on how many lives you have accrued), it's off to the land of lost souls for you.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Just off being able to take 8, you should already have your extra life. If you hoverover over the HC icon, you'll see you have 2 lives to lose (I have 3 in this screenshot as I've earned both extra lives).

RAVOEvt.jpg

Onyxia2016

They are to make hardcore not so hardcore.

It sucks to die, more so if you are far along in the leveling process but that is the chance we all take in hardcore, at least it should be.
My opinion is to do away with the "extra lives".

Yes, I am away that if I don't like it I don't have to use its. However it also affects me when others in the group do use it and take chances they normally would not in hardcore cause they have that extra live(s) to fall back on. So it does affect me even if I choose not to utilize that feature.

YeeboF

For me personally what it means is I get stupidly overconfident as soon as I hit level 8, lose my bonus life within about five minutes of getting it, and then go back to playing as normal . . .

ProllyDidItWrong

Yeah - im not sure how I feel about it... I think we need an asterisk for performance enhanced accomplishments... or just give everybody a trophy and anyone who VIPs for two consecutive months wins!!!~!~

jwel

For me personally what it means is I get stupidly overconfident as soon as I hit level 8, lose my bonus life within about five minutes of getting it, and then go back to playing as normal . . .
I got mine then lost it to a bug. Got stuck on one of the boxes in freshen the air and couldn't attack out from the stuck spot but mobs could attack in. So couldn't recall, couldn't use the unstuck command, couldn't even fight back..... it was rather annoying.

ProllyDidItWrong

exactly how I ended up in lost souls lag death

I didn't think the lag on the HC sever was that bad... until my inquisitor died in a lag spike last night. My extra life didn't save me either. meh. Well that was fun?
Back to the PL/RL hamster wheel.