Help me understand this build: 5dlord/12arti/3bc

Scrag

5 dlord is used for roar + multi.
12 arti is used for extra clip
3 bc is used for.... ?

I looked through the tree a few times, and I just don't see what you get from 3bc for a repeater build...

Scrag

It definitely wasn't for "a good time".

This is the third time on three different builds that I have seen 3 bc as a splash.

The char in question was unquestionably the single best repeater build I have ever seen. Whatever the secret sauce is to a 3 bc splash, I want to know. :)

Scrag

Wow, people are closehold on this for some reason. Last time I asked, I think last year, it also had a lot of diversion going on.

Grunndi

Could be just fort bypass and helpless dam from NW, BC just gives some better passive stuff than vanilla. Kind of like splashing 5 DH when you just want tempest stuff. That’s a total guess though

droid327

I'm guessing something with Contagion + Outbreak? An AOE stun that ignores SR...maybe they're doing some funky WIS based with Falcon for helpless bonus

That would explain why it was so effective too, if it was stacking helpless bonuses from NW, Falcon, DL and maybe Horc

Asterphen

My bet is prey on the weak (15% to helpless targets) T3 from Natures Warrior.

or maybe Sharp Edges III: Gain +1% Spell Critical Chance with Physical, Negative, Poison and Acid Spells.

Last edited:

Bjond

C2:Spread the Blight (saves-1 Hamp-20 debuff, stacks, unknown limit) might be the reason, especially if it stacks high and quickly from a no-save spell; eg. from PL:Wiz MM. If the build is run by established characters, I could see a L3 splash for a one-click saves-10 Hamp-200 and that could be doubled up with debuff swaps.

It's not the L2 spells (nothing special there, especially without spell-levels) and I doubt it's T3 -- nothing there for non-BC -- unless there's a bug; eg. if out-break works on more than it's listed spells, T3 BC would become very valuable.