How do we reaquire the Bladeforge cosmetic armors?

Oliphant

I don't have the BTC Bladeforge cosmetic armors on my main anymore. I have them on alts but they are BTC. I am not getting new cosmetic armors in the Bladeforge equipment box. They cannot be glamored. I don't recall how I got the Bladeforge cosmetic armors in the first place. I tried to search the web. Anyone know if and how to reaquire these? The look like wolverine robot suits, one has glowing underarmor (they are cool). Thanks in advance.

Lazuli

It's worse than that, the process of obtaining cosmetics has been bugged for a long time.

Now you only get the cosmetics when you make a new character from scratch. It used to be that if you reincarnated you got the cosmetics the first time you reincarnated into the iconic (my main got them that way), but now when you first reincarnate into an iconic you no longer get most of the cosmetics.

A few months ago I made some bladeforged lives in one of my alts. Of the three cosmetics I should have received (grand bladeforged frame, steel bladeforged frame, bronze bladeforged frame), I only received one. But if I make a new character, he gets all three cosmetics.

The same thing happened to me with the shadar-kai, I should have gotten two cosmetics and I only got one. I looked at old mules and sure enough those mules had the correct number of cosmetics. So I tried making a bladeforged from scratch, and I also received the correct number of cosmetics. But if you make a TR within that iconic, you no longer receive all of them, even if it is the first time you do it (and yes, before you received them, my main got them like that!!)

I did another TR with another alt to see if it was repeated, and yes, it is a generalized bug.

Yes, it's time to convert these cosmetics into bta. Actually it's time to put an NPC in the hall of heroes that allows them to be reacquired. We have an incredible lack of control in this game with everything that is cosmetics, purchased extra items and storage in general. The NPC should also provide the borderlands extras and WPM extra items, as well as the two cloaks (anniversary and EDs)

Anyway, there is a trick: one of the shadar-kai cosmetics you receive, the other that is lost is the same as the shadar-lkai armor (or so it seems) so you can use a mirror of glamering to get a bta cosmetic. In the case of the bladeforged, one of the missing cosmetics has the same look as the free gear, you can apply a mirror to it too.

Now, if you have previously gotten one of the other cosmetics and deleted them, or if you have never received them like this alt of mine (and no, I had never received them, zero PL from bladeforged up to that point), you are out of luck.

Chacka

Make the Bladeforged cosmetic BTA please, and the problem is solved. I don't see any reason why not and I doubt it is a lot work (on my so-called "main" it still occupies two bank spaces in case I want to reincarnate into a BF one day).

Furthermore, we still require a cosmetic UI that replaces the cosmetic items. I heard Cordovan mention on a live stream that this is challenging, but I'm confident it's possible. Especially considering we once had a preview function for cosmetics in the DDO shop. If that was possible, it's reasonable to assume a cosmetic UI isn't rocket science for the SSG developers.

BuckGB

Yes, please! I am in the same situation, having lost/destroyed the Bladeforged cosmetics long ago on my main with no ability to obtain them again. I have them on many alts and would move them over if they were BTA.

Mnemor

Not so many months ago that Lazuli asked for this in several threads where devs were posting. Only Cordovan answered, with nonsensical arguments that it required a lot of work to adapt them to other races. But it has never been asked to adapt them to other races. It's just changing from btc to bta, period, their intended use will remain the same, only in the iconic ones they were created for.

I'm a little skeptical that devs will listen, but it doesn't hurt to try.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
The reason they can't be glamered is because they're already a cosmetic, and that's a partial issue. Because not all cosmetics are the same. Some cosmetics are 100% cosmetics (created from mirrors) and nothing more can be done to them (other than weapons and weapon auras), but some other cosmetics are only cosmetics by identification and actually can still be "altered" (they qualify for enchanting for example).

And I believe the original Iconic race cosmetic alternative armours were all created in this fashion. And the Devs likely don't want them in this state for players. Hence the desire to change them and then (finally) be able to pass them around. But the wait for them to get around to it is most certainly annoying.

In the past, I put in a ticket to a GM to get these sent to my character. In the ticket I always explained that I have access to these but they were never delivered through my Reincarnation (they are not delivered) and after giving them the exact names of the missing alternative cosmetics (Bladeforged is the primary race where the alternatives are missing, but the Sun Elf had this issue for a while too), I usually receive them in the mail when they respond. This was of course back in the older ticket system, have not tried with the new system yet. But in the mean time, until the Devs change them to a true cosmetic and BTA, you can putting in a ticket and asking for the missing cosmetic amours. If there's enough tickets bugging them about it and taking up GM time to fix, we might get a fix sooner.

J1NG

Fisto Mk I

BF cosmetic is ugly, personally i throw it in window immediately after acquire and free precious inventory space, but it must be available for any who wanna use it, of course!

Lazuli

BF cosmetic is ugly, personally i throw it in window immediately after acquire and free precious inventory space, but it must be available for any who wanna use it, of course!
On the other hand, I love them. The warforged toons seem ugly to me, but the bladeforged ones, especially with the grand bladeforged frame, seem impressive to me :)

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Having to beg the people in power to do the right thing. It's insulting.
Like an abusive relationship. They change the rules, and we give them money. Used to get them restored from tickets, but they changed that and don't give them to you anymore.

You ask nice and you get a nonsense response. You ask for BTA so you can just store them away, but it's always this aggression towards the player. Intentional ignorant nonchalance. Or gleeful delight in minor customer suffering.

It's a joke. But the joke is us, for putting up with this.

OH PLEASE PLEASE DEVS COULD YOU PLEASE SPARE A COPPER? And just get ignored. Over something this easy.

Fisto Mk I

Aye, have been eyeing up the various alternatives on the Bladeforged before for cosplay potential in game, including a hulked up Wolverine, Silver Samurai and others.

J1NG
I'm just wanna be look like... mmm... Robot! Or as Iron Man at least! :cool:

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I'm just wanna be look like... mmm... Robot! Or as Iron Man at least! :cool:
Personally, I feel the standard Warforged look, is probably closer to most Iron Man suit looks (certainly from MCU MK III onwards). The Bladeforged ones tend to have too many extra additions all over that tend to look off for Iron Man. Although the base one for Blade Forged does have the correct colour and general look (overall) for a MCU MK II suit (But again, those additions cause it to look off).

J1NG

Anurakh

Yes, please! I am in the same situation, having lost/destroyed the Bladeforged cosmetics long ago on my main with no ability to obtain them again. I have them on many alts and would move them over if they were BTA.
Yes, the same thing happens to me 😭