How much longer will DDO survive?

How much longer will DDO survive?

• End 2024,mainten. mode (no Dev development, just servers on, usually the step right before shutdown)

• Until the end of 2025 and then 'maintenance mode'

• Until the end of 2026 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2027 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2028 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2029 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2030 and then 'maintenance mode'

• 2030+ (specify below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
just as soon as I can figure out how to blur out names and faces I would.
clipchamp is free and what's windows offers as a default suggestion vs their old video editor. Just crop your name out. But I don't know why you care, flexing is all about proving it's you; if you crop then it could be anybody doing that content. But grab clipchamp from the Microsoft store and stop making excuses.

Br4d

Only EG7 knows the answer to the topic question.

They'll look at the numbers at some point and put the game into maintenance mode after which it will reliably die.

Owlbear

With all the current game industry problems and layoffs I'll be surprised if they make it out of 2025. But then again I have no insights on how SSG is effected by this and I really hope they can continue working on their passion project.

Br4d

With all the current game industry problems and layoffs I'll be surprised if they make it out of 2025. But then again I have no insights on how SSG is effected by this and I really hope they can continue working on their passion project.

The thing that is going to kill DDO in the end is lack of an adequate QA process.

Dom

Until you post a true melee R10. Go pure 20 DLord and solo Grim R10.

It should be a cakewalk with Dlord being so OP and the CC's.
So the guy who knows nothing about melee, and says that using Crusade as CC is disqualifying my build as melee, wants me to go use a specific build that has CC to solo old content that has been soloed many times? Don't kill me lmao.

Also, I would love to see that R8 video you're talking about. Not that hard to cover up a character name, but I can't wait to see what else you try and cover up so you don't look hypocritical that is... if you can actually use your two brain cells to muster together and post a video.

Owlbear

The thing that is going to kill DDO in the end is lack of an adequate QA process.
No it's not. It's like that for years already. The thing that is going to kill DDO is EG7 cutting off all resources. And it's not going well with EG7. SSG cares about DDO but EG7 doesn't unless it brings profit.

Br4d

No it's not. It's like that for years already. The thing that is going to kill DDO is EG7 cutting off all resources. And it's not going well with EG7.

When we had the recent outage it crossed my mind for the first time that there were far-fetched scenarios where DDO only came back online in a very diminished state, e.g. rolled back to the last solid backup or even to a non-backup state.

The difference between DDO now and DDO before the pandemic is that big changes are routinely made to the systems without adequate testing.

Col Kurtz

So the guy who knows nothing about melee, and says that using Crusade as CC is disqualifying my build as melee, wants me to go use a specific build that has CC to solo old content that has been soloed many times? Don't kill me lmao.

Also, I would love to see that R8 video you're talking about. Not that hard to cover up a character name, but I can't wait to see what else you try and cover up so you don't look hypocritical that is... if you can actually use your two brain cells to muster together and post a video.
how would we know it's even his character..if the name is covered up.LMAO