How much longer will DDO survive?

How much longer will DDO survive?

• End 2024,mainten. mode (no Dev development, just servers on, usually the step right before shutdown)

• Until the end of 2025 and then 'maintenance mode'

• Until the end of 2026 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2027 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2028 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2029 and then 'maintenance mode'

• until the end of 2030 and then 'maintenance mode'

• 2030+ (specify below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Col Kurtz

D&D is bigger than MAYBE ever at this point in time...

IDK what ya'll see around the country, but in the schools I work in...many have D&D afterschool clubs (i mean the elementary schools don't but. lol whatever.

Lazuli

So the guy who knows nothing about melee, and says that using Crusade as CC is disqualifying my build as melee, wants me to go use a specific build that has CC to solo old content that has been soloed many times? Don't kill me lmao.

Also, I would love to see that R8 video you're talking about. Not that hard to cover up a character name, but I can't wait to see what else you try and cover up so you don't look hypocritical that is... if you can actually use your two brain cells to muster together and post a video.
Well, he thinks a DL would be incapable of doing grim and barett alone LOL. That alone indicates how little he knows about melees (I correct myself: the game in general), if he thinks that DL, one of the melees classes with the best intrinsic CC, would have problems in that old quest that basically consists of trash + 1 boss.

EinarMal

You should post video of you doing that R8. And what's with your obsessions with r10 solo Grim being the definition of a strong DDO character build? So many builds are amazing that don't go around soloing. It's almost like being a solid 1/6 or 1/12 of a group and making the group as a whole better should be what defines being good in an MMO. But please, post that r8 video so we can enjoy seeing you flex; you can post your caster doing r10 too.

I feel like there are a lot of forum warriors for sure. For every poster that talks about how easy it is to solo R10 probably about 5% actually solo R10s if that. There should be some sort of requirement of posting a video if you are going to claim class X is so easy or OP.

Dom

how would we know it's even his character..if the name is covered up.LMAO
We wouldn't, but we can cross that bridge when he figures out he can YouTube how to create and post a video and finally provides something rather than just spewing garbage.

Lazuli

I feel like there are a lot of forum warriors for sure. For every poster that talks about how easy it is to solo R10 probably about 5% actually solo R10s if that. There should be some sort of requirement of posting a video if you are going to claim class X is so easy or OP.
No, the problem is that Elminster is a beginner who speaks without any knowledge, giving casters a power that they don't have because he hates them, and melees a weakness that they don't have because he actually has no idea what they can do.

And when someone explains something to him, he dismisses it, saying that DDO is so easy, he doesn't need any learning, or, as in Dom's case, telling him that his toon with 18 barb levels is a caster.

After a month of asking for caster nerfs in a million topics, telling Dom the previous comment and telling Gugango that he doesn't know what he's talking about regarding reaper mechanics, Elminster recognizes that his best character has the fabulous number of 14 reaper points. Which obviously shows that he has barely played reaper (you get those points in ONE day playing high reaper lol) and that he has no idea when he talks about the strengths and weaknesses of any playstyle in high reaper.

Famous? Infamous rather, for speaking without knowledge, creating controversy in the forums, and in general behaving like a child instead of like an adult.

Last edited:

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
That's the thing.

I think... as long as there is no DDO 2; DDO will be around for a long long time because old timers and retirees.
With the way DDO keeps old quests relevant (even if quite a few currently need work), I don't see a need for DDO 2.

cdbd3rd

I tried consulting a higher power, but...

magic8ball.gif

Reactions: DBZ

nix

An enterprising intern will figure out a way of consolidating the client and server into a monolothic single-player only download, thereby ensuring ddo immortality.

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
An enterprising intern will figure out a way of consolidating the client and server into a monolothic single-player only download, thereby ensuring ddo immortality.
Not nearly as monolithic as you might think.