How to sustainably push 500 Melee Power

PraetorPlato

That number was a rough guess at the maxed out version, here are a few more accurate numbers (assuming pure 20 pally):

Epic Levels60
Legendary Levels12
Tome4
Reaper24
Filigree80
SWF feats10
Enhancement (should be 12, but 12 doesn't drop)10
Profane15
Artifact15
Destiny Cores55
Sanctified Fervor25
KOTC20
Righteous Command21
Scion20
Reaper Rings+Neck12
Reaper Bonuses on Items (not quite realistic, but these are maxed numbers)24
Mythic18
standing425

From that, you'll get fairly-sustainable an extra 10 from empowered smite, 10 enhanced blood rage (445). The rest depends on what you count as sustainable, but given that half the point of 20 pally is ascendency stacks, I count some ascendency stacks from reapers, etc. as sustainable/realistic melee power. Similar question for a 15 MP pot—it's sustainable as in non burst, but probably not sustainable for all your questing. Overall, that puts you in the 470 range before you start boosting with the pure pally version, which I'd argue is "pushing 500," particularly given that you can natively go past 500 without a boost when you're fighting a doom reaper. If you're playing an 18/1/1 VKF/Arcane Warrior split (not common on pally because of 6% damage capstone but technically an option), you lose 10 from KotC capstone (technically 4 from RC and SF as well) and gain 30 sustainable, which puts right at pushing 500.

Contessor

Build a SWF pally. They easily get more MP than other melee.

KoTC has 20 MP plus an easily sustainable 85 (ascendency w/capstone and exalted smites) more just in one tree.

Righteous Command gives another 15MP.

All these bonus are unique to Pally and put them pretty far ahead of other melee classes.

Hammatimes

That number was a rough guess at the maxed out version, here are a few more accurate numbers (assuming pure 20 pally):
There was a lot of disingenuous grandstanding in that thread, the people throwing out the "achievable" standing MPs were not trying to help anyone or create realistic benchmarks. The fact that you specifically called out SWF Pally but didn't include the one thing that sets SWF over TWF tells me that you were just repeating what you saw mentioned on discord without understanding (oops, forgot twf doesn't get combat style bonus but they can get additional +7mp from offhand bonuses). It's a gimmick build that can burst over 700mp for fun and just shows how much MP can be had from perfect bonuses but in the end people chasing a high MP just to brag about it are nerfing themselves to achieve it. Once you get above a certain MP it typically becomes better to chase other bonuses instead, like choosing ethereal over arborea.

But for corrections/additions. Righteous Command has a hard cap of 15, it ignores increases to MCL. Maxed standing MP from filigrees is
One/Punch x2 - 18
Dreadbringer MP x2, Tactics Rare, Any - 27
Longshadow MP x2 - 15
Treachery MP x2 - 15
4 additional MPs - 20
Total - 95

Maxed mythic boosts come from belt, gloves, goggles, 2 rings, trinket so 6*3 plus 4 on weapon for total of 22.
Maxed +3 reaper boosts can be found on all items, so 14 items when SWF with orb. 14*3 = 42
The rare reaper boosts can be added to existing mythic/reaper items and stack, so additional +12

Epic Levels60
Legendary Levels12
Tome4
Reaper24
Filigree95
Combat Style10
Enhancement10
Profane15
Artifact15
Destiny Cores55
Sanctified Fervor25
KOTC20
Righteous Command15
Arborea20
Reaper Rings+Neck12
Reaper Bonuses on Items (not realistic, but this is a joke breakdown)42
Mythic (not realistic, but this is a joke breakdown)22
VKF T4 Single Dagger (This is why SWF was specified)20
15 MP Pot15
Exalted Smite 10 MP 10s10
Standing501

WF can add 15, Aasimar 10. Fatesinger T4 can be additional 10.

The joke 700+ burst then looks like
Prowess Swap50
Half Orcish Rage40
Enhanced Bloodrage10
Ascendancy75
Action Hero30
Onatar10
T4 Fatesinger for giggles10
Totaled Burst (This is a joke please don't ever reference this as anything else)726

Last edited:

PraetorPlato

The fact that you specifically called out SWF Pally but didn't include the one thing that sets SWF over TWF tells me that you were just repeating what you saw mentioned on discord without understanding
Hey, I didn’t say that SWF has dramatically better MP than TWF, just that it has slightly higher typically and can “push 500” sustainably. My only point was that pally is not way behind DPS wise relative to other melee. The original thought comes from a in-game friend trying swf pally and talking abt how it went. The breakdown above is what I was referring to-with everything maxed out, you can end up standing in the mid 400s, which with ascendency capstone gets you to 500/just under reasonably sustainably. I know abt the Vistani bonuses, but wasn’t trying to discuss the specific gimmick build (also why my reaper/mythic/fil numbers are slightly lower, because they account for crafted gear and an actually tolerable fil setup). Thanks for the full gimmick breakdown though, that is amusing!

Last edited:

Hammatimes

Hey, I didn’t say that SWF has dramatically better MP than TWF, just that it has slightly higher typically and can “push 500” sustainably. My only point was that pally is not way behind DPS wise relative to other melee.
Oh the post you were replying to in that thread was definitely way off base lol. I just saw a lot of what I consider unrealistic standing MP stats getting thrown around in there. You actually did the work with showing the breakdown but you used maxed reaper/mythic bonuses even with excluding 2 or 3 crafted items, enhanced bloodrage proc which is iffy in raids and even with including a 15 MP pot you were 46mp short of 500mp after correcting for righteous command.
I know it's nitpicky since you were just going off memory of a conversation with a friend but I just think that the people that need a breakdown for reaching high MP don't need to be given the impression that absolute minmaxed stars aligned stats are the standard and then rounding up almost 50 points on top of that. IMO it just makes them feel so far behind that they don't even want to try.
I'd say 375 is a more realistic standing MP with maxed adversary tree, maxed epls, using Arborea and not using Treachery threat reduction. I consider Fervor swap and Exalted smite pretty standing although Ascendancy stacks vary especially in some raids.
The only thing that literally puts pally behind is their low run speed

Ying

5000+ hours played
Maxed mythic boosts come from belt, gloves, goggles, 2 rings, trinket so 6*3 plus 4 on weapon for total of 22.
Maxed +3 reaper boosts can be found on all items, so 14 items when SWF with orb. 14*3 = 42
Getting perfect mythic+reaper boosts is simply unrealistic for all raid items in a gear set. Hell, I don't even have a single perfectly boosted raid item and I've completed 1k+ reaper raids. And if you use Gem of Many Facets in your gearset, there's no way to get mythic and reaper bonuses.

Tilomere

You can also surpass 500 RP with DWS on a 14/5/1 centered SDK kukri build, and pull off a lotus>chains combo. Swap in a repeater for aimed shot + rain power boost.

Fisto Mk I

The answer is yes on this one - as the relevant page on Reaper bonuses puts it, "All reaper bonuses fully stack."
Well, english not my native, possible i don't wright enough clear. According Hammatimes post, you can add crafted Reaper bonus to item with already existing power Reaper bonus, as Monkey Archer point. I ask about this possibility only. 8)

Fisto Mk I

Getting perfect mythic+reaper boosts is simply unrealistic for all raid items in a gear set. Hell, I don't even have a single perfectly boosted raid item and I've completed 1k+ reaper raids. And if you use Gem of Many Facets in your gearset, there's no way to get mythic and reaper bonuses.
I think it enough realistic for helmet because crafted bonus, for shields/orbs from LMA/LLoB and fully possible for Sphere of Waves (if count it as raid item, lol).
For all my time in game i see only 3 such perfected items, and only one was raid really.

Hammatimes

Thanks for the contribution Ying, since you seemed to miss my multiple disclaimers I tried to double the font size but the max appears to be size 26 so I also bolded them. Let me know if this helps!

nenetteblackmoor

Thank you all.
This thread has been incredibly helpful.
It's a great thread that should be permanently archived.

I'll now customize it to fit my own needs.

Last edited:

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Well, english not my native, possible i don't wright enough clear. According Hammatimes post, you can add crafted Reaper bonus to item with already existing power Reaper bonus, as Monkey Archer point. I ask about this possibility only. 8)
Ah, I see. Yes, this can also happen, rare though it is, and the two bonuses on the same item will stack with each other.