I heard a rumour that the devs were working on a 4k-compatible UI. Is that true, and does anyone have any additional info?

_fully_carroted_

I am considering a fancy new 4k monitor but I don't want the hassle of forcing DDO to work with it. Is there any thing to report about 4k UI development?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
iirc 38m52s in was the last time anything was said about it. They were looking into a proposal to get extra resources to work on it; but who knows what that actually means timewise in the realworld outside "PR speak".

Neilfladech

They aren't. They said they moved resources over to the weekly ViP rewards which are now on hold. You get nothing.

_fully_carroted_

iirc 38m52s in was the last time anything was said about it. They were looking into a proposal to get extra resources to work on it; but who knows what that actually means timewise in the realworld outside "PR speak".
Thanks!

They aren't. They said they moved resources over to the weekly ViP rewards which are now on hold. You get nothing.

Ugh, how disappointing.

4k is a drain on resources. Maybe try this?
4k is a drain on resources? I have no idea what that means.

PaleFox

Last I recall around this topic is that someone who uses 4k mentioned that windows has a setting that scales UI elements.

It was on the old forums and I have no link to that (particular post.)

_fully_carroted_

Last I recall around this topic is that someone who uses 4k mentioned that windows has a setting that scales UI elements.

It was on the old forums and I have no link to that (particular post.)
The easy way to make it work if you just have a single screen is to set it to 1920x1080 fullscreen exclusive (i.e. not fullscreen windowed). But it doesn't work with multiple screens, and it sucks to have a 4k screen then run it at junky low resolution as if it were still 2012. That's how I deal with it on gaming laptops - small enough screen that it doesn't matter anyway.

Abbot

Hello OP,

I have a fancy 4k monitor and the uI is fine. i changed recently from a 2k monitor.
i can now fit even more tool bars without filling up the screen area with toolbars.

I didnt have to do anything to ddo to make it work all i did was change my screen resoluting up to 3440 x 1440.

It looks great.

i went for a 34 inch curved samsung.its even better than 27 inch 2k .

erousted8

It looks even better on 43" inches. 32 is barely enough to see the difference between 2k and 4k.

I had to move all of my movable UP elements to the bottom middle to see them ok, but it does work. I have only one complaint: the buffs bar is stuck way up in the corner. if they could just make the buff bar free-floating, everything would be fine.