I thought lag was supposed to be nearly gone?

Konsumer

Yesterday was the laggiest I've seen in a long time. All day long. It was crazy on HC. Attacks that hit nothing and didn't even register. Stop lag where you're frozen on the spot. Skip lag that kept moving you around. Rubber band lag that kept dragging you back to where you've already been.
Come on DDO. Get Good. Luckily I didn't die behind it but others in our party did. All of them were justifiably pissed off.

Talk about a faulty product. SMH.

Ethril

Yesterday was the laggiest I've seen in a long time. All day long. It was crazy on HC. Attacks that hit nothing and didn't even register. Stop lag where you're frozen on the spot. Skip lag that kept moving you around. Rubber band lag that kept dragging you back to where you've already been.
Come on DDO. Get Good. Luckily I didn't die behind it but others in our party did. All of them were justifiably pissed off.

Talk about a faulty product. SMH.
Lag, on average, has been better for me since the update. But, yeah, it's still pretty bad at times and, arguably, even worse now because in the past I expected it, now it comes on by surprise.

Lacci

It got better a while ago, but I feel like with the last patch, some of the lag came back.
I guess it also depends on where you are in the world, as there are only US servers. I live in Europe, so I probably will always have some lag.

It got better a while ago, but I feel like with the last patch, some of the lag came back.
I guess it also depends on where you are in the world, as there are only US servers. I live in Europe, so I probably will always have some lag.
I live in the US with an average ping of 40ms. It’s just as much of a laggy mess for me as it is for everyone else.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Lag is gone. The lag is just lagging. What you're seeing is the lag from last season, but due to lag it only hits now.

Thor

Looking for a New Love
Lag is better than ever, growing stronger with every feeble attempt to thwart it. But please realize it's probably just the fault of players and not any fault of SSG's. With the change to dungeon alert I was shocked when lag simply refused to go away, and seems as strong as ever. Players must realize that they should stop playing and that will help the lag... ah yes.

Blametroi

I'm seeing stutter/rubber banding in some explorer and quests on HC. Given the time it takes to connect I would look to something networkish. The explorer lag didn't feel quite like the old "you can't go here invisible wall because that area doesn't exist yet" lag, if you know what I mean.

Regardless, lag is generally better since the update all around. Five instances of the saltmarsh tavern on HC probably says something about how many people are on that one server.

Aelonwy

Personally, my lag has been worse since the patch after the last update. I am glad I can go back to 32 bit though because the graphics flash-fighting in 64 bit gives me a headache as well as making the game look sloppy and poor.

Br4d

I definitely see some lag in HC at this point, more than I saw in seasons 6 and 7 for sure.

I do not play primetime either. I work weekends and so my playtime is either late Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday or mid week.

Nimueh

What do you mean - they fixed lag remember? It was our fault caused by having 2 many mobs aggro.

I 100% haven't had any lag since the lag update and it 100% has not been worse than it has been in the past 10 years - their backend statistics that they don't care to share prove that lag has drastically improved since their changes... /s

p.s for the dev that reads this and failed reading comprehension the /s == sarcasm.

Br4d

Be careful in HC today. Playing early before prime time (6am - 440 ppl online) I saw delays in trap awareness. Maybe half a second to a second.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
For the most part, I've noticed an improvement in lag (I play on Argonnessen & Sarlona). It's a step in the right direction, but I'm pretty sure the devs know that there is much more to be done (at least I hope so). I get the impression that many of the fixes aimed at lag are very much incremental and subtle for the most part. This is going to be death by a thousand cuts and with that being said, its not really going to kill it, it'll just make it less of an issue.