I want to love my owlbear hireling

RangerOne

I really do. Especially since (to quote Lucian Vaunt) I paid good money to get it, after all.

But I can't.

He wont go through doorways.
He won't attack most of the time even when set to aggressive
Even when he does get into battle he dies very easily.

The shield guardian, on the other hand, has actually finished quests for me when I am dead. You would think having a small army with me would be awesome but the owlbear requires too much managing.

An update to something actually bought with real life money would be nice.

Be a shield guardian, don't be an owlbear.

RangerOne

Thank you kind sir or madam. That is where I began many decades ago in a place called Greyhawk. Lunches in my classroom were full of clinking dice as my students corrupted me. I then corrupted my daughters. We're all just corrupt. Sorry for the digression but you sparked a memory there.

Mobius

I just re-lived the owlbear turning into a zombie syndrome yesterday. To me, the worst thing (aside from the owlbear being completely placid) is that the owlbear stands directly in front of you completely obscuring your view. If you move, it just repositions & does the same thing, staring back at you while combat is raging all around. I've spent many a battle relying on tab targeting because I couldn't see a damn thing going on in front of me.

And yes, I have done the call-to-me button, waited 5 seconds for the cooldown, set to aggressive, told to attack my current target, etc. routine. Ideally, I should not have to perform this sort of micro-management while combat is going on.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Strange.😲

But if you really must, I suggest starting with hamsters and see how you get on working up from there... 🤔

I gave up at squirrels. 😞👍