I want to TR my main into a dragonlord fighter, but dealing with my TR cache is so frustrating that I'm gonna play something else this weekend.

Wizard

Removing TR cache could take quite some programming time and introduce new bugs in worst case.

But the devs could end inventory nightmare if they wanted:

Bring back named rewards on quest reward & chain reward (items from all quests in the chain). Maybe VIP perk.

That would mean you could always re-farm without too much RNG involved. So you only need to keep keep endgame items with mythic/reaper on mules and just refarm stuff for TR (if you change builds just get items for your next TR while leveling your current build).

Hoccleve

If one of those bankers were more enterprising, they'd have an option which was 'give us all of your stuff' (£1k plat, thank you). All your BtA stuff would go into your shared vault, all your BtC stuff would go into your character vault, until they were full up. Wouldn't entirely prevent the shuffling around of an overful TR cache, but it would sure reduce the number of clicks.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Removing TR cache could take quite some programming time and introduce new bugs in worst case.
The only thing worse than removing the TR cache is re-engineering the TR cache. For more than a decade, countless players have lost all their inventory, their ED sphere XP (when that was a thing), past lives, tomes, and more. For better or worse, the TR cache is finally stable. Mostly.

There are other ways to solve inventory management without ever touching the TR cache. But SSG isn't open to those ideas.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
My main has 160 (inventory) + 200 storage spots (bank) that I can fill with BtC items each TR (360 total). All SSG has to do is give me an extra 360 personal bank space slots for free (and equivalent amounts on every alt based off their storage) and never provide the TR cache again on future TRs (they'd have to leave the existing TR caches and code around for everyone to prevent issues and just not make new caches going forward). That would keep me from taking a hit for how much blank space I have when I'm level 1 after a fresh TR. Of course, I'd suspect even that could go complete sideways code-wise in ways I'd never expect.

*as someone in the sales department faints at the idea of giving away that much storage space...

Serasam

I have so many "blues" and most of them will never be used again...But since they were used at some time most of them have augments in and you can't feed them to your sentient, and i don't feel like burning all my point to unslot them.

The whole mechanism is really unfriendly , i get it they need money...But we are not cash cow >.<

Its like my last life arrived at cap , i wanted to Tr but i needed 22 seeds to tr , had to run 11 boring quests to just Tr

I am VIP, i purchased expansion at premium, why am I being punished in boring mechanism, there is a point when it just feel....bitter.
I guess its probably time to take a break and come back for Mythdranor
Hi, it sounds like your "blues" that you cannot feed because of augments in them may have the old slots from before the augment revamp in Update 48. Near any blue item with an augment slotted with the new abbreviated Aug slots can be fed. Any general vendor (wiki says marketplace and cannith crafting general vendor) will sell Legacy Augment Unslotters for plats. Double click it to open the UI. Pull the old augs out and that updates the item with a new version of the slot and removes the block to being fed. Bon Appétit 😀

paddymaxson

But also, get rid of some stuff

80% of that you'll probably never actually use. Of the 20%, 16% is probably only going to provide a marginal benefit over what you would otherwise have.

The game is not a museum simulator
gotta keep all those shards of power for the heroic greensteel items I'll never make though >:(

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

_fully_carroted_

The only thing worse than removing the TR cache is re-engineering the TR cache. For more than a decade, countless players have lost all their inventory, their ED sphere XP (when that was a thing), past lives, tomes, and more. For better or worse, the TR cache is finally stable. Mostly.

There are other ways to solve inventory management without ever touching the TR cache. But SSG isn't open to those ideas.

It's much simpler than that to solve the TR cache: Abolish BtC. Every item is BtA. Then the sales team can sell as much shared bank space as they can engineer, along with more character slots.

These really get to the core of it: Many, many people have strong emotional connections to the stuff their characters have. Making it easier for us to keep our stuff seems like a good idea.

I would cut my TR annoyance by half if minor artifacts were converted to BTA. If all(*) BTC gear became BTA gear, then my life would be much simpler.

* I think current raid gear could stay BTC because that's something we're all generally comfortable with. Maybe all ML28 and lower raid gear could go BTA? But all of those weirdly BTC items like drow weapons, runearms, 3bc weapons, etc should go BTA.