Iconic Vs. Heroic Races and builds.

Zivon23

I was just sitting around pondering life when I came up with an interesting thought. I would like to see what everyone else thinks.
Here's the Thought......

I have 3 lives in Morninglord Cleric. I get the character up to level 32. I decide to TR. Since I already have 3 lives in MorningLord, I decide to try to use "Wish For Half- Orc Memories". What happens? Am I forced to take the Morninglord again (Iconic Heart) or do I get the Half-Orc heroic life and lose out on an epic past life? Does a Heroic past life store bought item supercede the actual game mechanics? Has anyone tested this? Is this just a crazy random thought that should just be dismissed?
Serious Curious. Thoughts?

~Z23~

Scrag

Wish for Memories is an DDO Store item purchased with DDO points that you can use in addition to the Heart of Blood when performing a Racial Reincarnation.

It looks to only work with racial reincarnations. You are stuck with more morning lord lives probably.

Stoner81

Iconic characters can't Racial TR. They have to Iconic TR first in to a normal race.

Stoner81.

Br4d

Also if you Iconic TR you do not get an Epic past life. You get an Iconic past life and a class past life. So a Morninglord Cleric would get a Morninglord life and a Cleric life.

If you want an Epic past life you go back to 20 as a Morninglord and then have to go to 30 again before another TR is possible.

Basically Iconic characters are good for Epic past life farming, since you start the first life at 15 and then go to 30, back to 20 and then 30 until you run out of reasonable XP options and it makes sense to ITR back to 1 where all of these reset.

For new players it is probably better to take a non-Iconic to 30 and ETR followed by an HTR since you get additional build points for the HTR plus the ETR benefits.

Lazuli

I plus oned that idea, it's a good one and logical progression for wishes. Which means it probably won't happen but we can always hope.
Maybe we'll get enough votes to make the devs think about it. Especially considering that there are potential monetary gains from it.

Reactions: DBZ