Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Ahpuch

Well the exact odds depend on the exact mechanism. It could be 1 lever set to drop you the rest do nothing (Russian roulette), it could be a specific combination, or it could just be a random chance each time you use a gear (which would explain why PersonMan is opening the door and falling at the same time).
Good point. Failure on the first gear is much lower than 5/6 so something like a 50/50 per gear seems more likely than my first guess of getting the right order. And you are right that would explain the floor breaking and gate opening on the last gear.

So you can only know the odds if you know the chance of the floor breaking. If it s a coin flip that means about 3% chance of getting the door to open (thought the floor may still break and you will need to run back and wing over. So one in every 33 runs approx. So not insane but still awful. How frequently are those that getting the door to open being successful?

I tried about 20 times and never made it once. My attempts to use the models being pitched here never produced a success.

Stoic Z

Spawn - Spike pit - Button - Traps - What failed
Mix - Pit - Smooth - 1 up front - 4
Mix - Pit - Smooth - 0 front, 0 back - 6
Rust - Pit - Button - 2 up front - 2
Mix - Smooth - Button - 2 up front - 12
Golem - Pit - Smooth - 2 up front - 6

Ran this solo quite a bit, didn't start recording till last half an hour of the night. Got to the last 2 levers about 4~ times. Never once succeed in the entire hour. Also: mirror of glammering doesn't work on the club, and I hit double Psionic thrall golems by the gelat 3 times... and that sucks as a melee...

Lotoc

I think it really exemplifies the madness of what we are doing

Earthy/ Rusty/ Mixie - refers to the underpass mobs
Breaky/ Smoothie - whether there is a pit
Button/ Smoothie - whether there is a button
Frontie, Wheelie, Wally, Innie - 2 Traps at puzzle

Rusty Breaky Button Frontie Wally - 4,6,8,2,10,12 --- Floor Breaks at final
Rusty Breaky Smoothie Frontie Wally - 4,6,8,2,12,10
Rusty Breaky Smoothie Wally Innie - 4,6,8,2,10,12
Earthy Breaky Smoothie Frontie Innie - 4,8,2,10,12,6
Earthy Breaky Smoothie Wallie Innie - 6,8,2,10,12,4
Mixie Breaky Smoothie Frontie Wally - 4,6,8,2, ( 12, 10 --- Probably ) 10, 12 was bad

Earthy Smoothie Smoothie Frontie Innie - 4, 2, 12, 10, 8, 6
Mixie Breaky Button Frontie Wally - 10, 8, 2, 6, 12, 4
If the puzzle and the spawns use the same seed it could well make sense, and if we can find a way to consistently interpret the dungeon's seed we can use that to figure out how many levers work and how many don't per stage.

What do the trap boxes actually do? I did a run with 2 trap boxes disabled at the puzzle, and the lightning+floor breaks still happened.

Sqrlmonger

Argo has unlocked the 3rd quest.
56AB335622C788A629F45EA3D566BE233F50FB50

edit: Removed unnecessary image to reduce scrolling.

Last edited:

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Wanted to help, but my level 20 1st lifers are just too weak to get past the mobs.

Good luck investigating, and if all else fails DD and go back to kill does sound good.

healertank

Just bow down to the new illithid mind flayer overlords. They can have my brains after I'm done bashing my head into the desk from stupid stuff like this. Yet another example of how badly implemented this whole thing has been. Defend them all you want... because if you think this is okay the mind flayers already made you a thrall.

healertank

Anyone try using cannith boots of propulsion? lvl 18 min use with 1 time every 10 min timer for wing jump across. Or level 17 FS with wings. Good luck.

vryxnr

Just got the first rainbow illithid kill on G-Land (on a sub-par character, so not gonna farm it).

If seed = puzzle solution, this one was:

Mix - Smooth - Smooth - Wally (back corner) / Innie (past the gate): 4,2,12,10,8,6 (no break, gate opened)

Last edited:

vryxnr

Anyone try using cannith boots of propulsion? lvl 18 min use with 1 time every 10 min timer for wing jump across. Good luck.
Yes, if you get one where the floor breaks but the gate also opens, you DDoor and jump the gap with a boost (boots, abundant step, FvS wings, spring attack, etc). (though I did this on non-reaper to see if there were anything I could make out at the puzzle, and randomly got all 6 pulled with the floor break with gate opened on the last one)

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
I would cynical that the 3rd wave is a failure due to a successful invasion when the last of the Illithid invader is self-jailed in the darkest depths.

Farlino

I noticed that each time I fell down (5 times now) there were 6 gems in the cavern below the spears. Could they give a hint to the solution?
Something like colour/position related maybe to the # of the colour at the endcolouring?
Checked all ceilings on every path and also tried ending quest first and then solving the wheels. No luck.