Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

The Narc

Lol, all in all this choice of quests in the event is going to show the devs the analytics/demographic(i an sure they are able to record which groups and who was i those groups that entered rainbow in the dark mutliple times) of players that will follow anything the devs do or setup, i wonder if they will plan further things to cash in on that knowledge.

Cyran

If there were a random specific required sequence then you'd have a 1 in 6 chance of getting the first pull right, 1 in 5 on the second, 1 in 4 on the third, et cetera.

1/6 * 1/5 * 1/4 * 1/3 * 1/2 = 1 in 520 chance of success

That's significantly worse odds than what we have actually seen. People have also reported collapse on the last wheel (though Cannith boots can potentially get you over the gap in that case).

I guessing it work like roulette(you only put one bullet in chamber not everyone but one) so only one collapse option which would be

5/6*4/5*3/4*2/3*1/2 = 16.67% which seems about right.

Pom

Pom
Ghal - 6 kills by the Rustys over about 2-3 hours - this one sucks
Kudos goes to our trapper Pokedat. sadly we are still going :(

And the Lord spake, saying, ''First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Lotoc

Considering the event probably lasts until all invaders are exhausted I might have to transfer off cannith if I ever want to reincarnate.
Here's hoping the illithid in rainbow gets moved to next to the lever on wednesday or something.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Considering the event probably lasts until all invaders are exhausted I might have to transfer off cannith if I ever want to reincarnate.
Here's hoping the illithid in rainbow gets moved to next to the lever on wednesday or something.
I suppose there's a slim chance that when wave 4 comes out they'll open the third quest out of mercy. We're at three kills out of 30 now, for the record...

NomadDog

DDO Hawaiian Style!
I did a handful of runs last night and failed miserably on all of them. Just tossed in the towel.

Ahpuch

I guessing it work like roulette(you only put one bullet in chamber not everyone but one) so only one collapse option which would be

5/6*4/5*3/4*2/3*1/2 = 16.67% which seems about right.
If it was the russian roulette model then floor would always collapse on the final gear. (Or never collapse on the final gear because it wouldnt fire on the final lever). Since we have seen gate open and floor collapse that model seems unlikely.

Jhozam

We are still farming on Orien. We are using always the same Path:

We did some completions this way.

1) run to the puzzle
2) disable traps
3) try 3,4,5,2,6,1
4) if ok, kill Illithid, if not, DD, RC and again from 1

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
The other really galling thing? Somebody in the dev team must surely have read the last five pages of this thread by now, and yet we've heard nothing.

Neain

The other really galling thing? Somebody in the dev team must surely have read the last five pages of this thread by now, and yet we've heard nothing.
when they realize that they may have messed up, they dont say anything. or it was someones 'good' idea that backfired. plenty of times the devs have been silent when there wasnt anything positive to add. Remember, them communicating with the playerbase is the exception, not the rule.

Longulus

What a dirty, underhanded thing to do.
To imply that the unfound mission in wave 3 was one of the previous missions, when it isn't.

I didn't think my impression of you could drop any lower, but to my surprise I find it could.
bro you totally misread what he wrote,all he said was just cuz you searched a quest in wave one and it didn't have one,in Wave 3 it could, nothing about quest that already had one having it agian

Ahpuch

To imply that the unfound mission in wave 3 was one of the previous missions, when it isn't.

I didn't think my impression of you could drop any lower, but to my surprise I find it could.
He didn't imply that. previously-visited does not mean previously populated. He was telling people to make sure that quests (unpopulated) that were checked in phase 2 were rechecked in phase 3. Learn to read before mud slinging perhaps?

Syr

Your inability to read, or rather understand what you read, does not create an implication that is not there. I'm sure he's very worried about your impression of him.