I'm glad they changed Hunt's End

SpartanKiller13

I like being able to theorycraft endgame ranged builds that don't have Ranger 6 lol.

I don't play ranged much though (in large part because of the lack of AoE so I'll give it another try soon) so YMMV.

Striga

While leveling thru epics, it's certainly nice. On my current life as an Inquisitive, I was lvl 21 before the update and now after the patch I can use it two levels earlier (because Hunt's End can now be trained at level 23).

I wonder why they didn't reset our destinies.

mikarddo

The overall idea is good - but the implications are unfortunate.

With the old HE - you could prep and only "used" the HE effect if your attack didnt get lost in lag or was deflected. With the new HE your attack will often get lost in lag (as lag affects ranged attacks much more than other types of attack).

Also, while the new AoE attacks are fun and Slayer Arrow did get some upgrades - the total result is still a significant reduction in total damage.

How, if ranged were totally dominant before a nerf to total damage would certainly make sense - but they were not. Ranged was worse than melee and casters in soloing tough stuff (and will still be) and rarely better than melee in sustained raid damage.

If the overall idea was to slightly nerf everyone that was "dominant" dps (HE, Adrenaline and DB as examples) then the lack of targeted nerfs towards certain twf/swf fighting builds is missing.

Fnordian

While leveling thru epics, it's certainly nice. On my current life as an Inquisitive, I was lvl 21 before the update and now after the patch I can use it two levels earlier (because Hunt's End can now be trained at level 23).

They reset Shiradi. I suppose it depends how much of a Destiny is changed or perhaps if something's removed.

Fisto Mk I

the total result is still a significant reduction in total damage.
Partially correct. All builds previously used HE +SS/SA combo was nerfed significally. Builds used other strikes, like SD or FS, must be busted because bust to MP from ED cores. Personally, i think now best ranged builds must have 5+ lvl Pally with Crusade. 8)

mikarddo

Partially correct. All builds previously used HE +SS/SA combo was nerfed significally. Builds used other strikes, like SD or FS, must be busted because bust to MP from ED cores. Personally, i think now best ranged builds must have 5+ lvl Pally with Crusade. 8)

Well, maybe. But builds that didnt use HS+SS/SA were pretty much pointless imho, so that is of little relevance as far as I can see.

Abax11

As far i tested yerterday on live, i hit like 40 50% less but the most annoying thing is that the other ranged attacks aren't nowhere as close to offer something fun to replace that. The other epic strikes on numbers seems pretty meh but need to do a little more testing. Sniper shot is a loterry right now on epics between a decent damage and a normal shot.

About aoe, the only one i tested (pin) can barely hit 2 mobs when they are hugging so pretty pointless on epic, have no idea is all ranged aoe attacks got the same aoe distance but if it does, totally useless on epics and worse than IPS.

ranger is still playable with bows and is not the end of the world but better to do something else unless you like playing bows, because aoe and cc are far worse than a caster and damage is worse than some melee builds overall, they at least don't have to deal with high deflection of some monsters like second orthon on legendary chrono.

And yes, i'm not even considering how easy is to miss shots because of the awful lag the game has and how the new HE love to vanish in the air before hitting something.

Ellisaria

Some destinies got reset. My wizard got draconic refunded, my cleric got her exalted refunded, but my arti didnt get their shiradi refunded. They're warforged so the new pin and discord spender dont work...yay. No point resetting with plat to try figuring out what ISN'T broken. Could tr and hope to not get hit by a bug I'll get punished for, or, you know, just go play another game where updates won't literally break my whole character because of what race they play -_-

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
While I agree that the game is better off without Hunt's End existing, the AoE ranged attacks are too small in size. The AoE should be increased.

phorking

It allowed the team to bring in super fun AoE attacks. and I do think that making Hunt's End it's own separate attack is a good touch in making the rotation more active and even possibly improving my damage number.
they could have left hunts end alone and still made the other things aoe attacks.. I was hitting 275k with the hunts end combo, now i am only hitting 145k. they didn't have to make everything an aoe attack, it should have been a tree choice

they could have left hunts end alone and still made the other things aoe attacks.. I was hitting 275k with the hunts end combo, now i am only hitting 145k. they didn't have to make everything an aoe attack, it should have been a tree choice
Hey Phorking, can you please tell me how your're getting 145k on the new Hunts End? I was only getting 50k on the old one and nothing like that now. I have all the shiradi options and 17 imbue dice. Arcane Archer build. Advice appreciated.

Kessaran

With the old HE - you could prep and only "used" the HE effect if your attack didnt get lost in lag or was deflected. With the new HE your attack will often get lost in lag (as lag affects ranged attacks much more than other types of attack).

Spellcasters would like a word about this statement.
Also, using the auto-attack feat while doing ranged attacks removes the lag issue entirely because it forces the system to produce & process all the attacks.

mikarddo

Spellcasters would like a word about this statement.
Also, using the auto-attack feat while doing ranged attacks removes the lag issue entirely because it forces the system to produce & process all the attacks.
Thats not my experience in raids. When lags hit ranged report far worse issues with lost attacks than casters in my experience.

Oliphant

It allowed the team to bring in super fun AoE attacks. and I do think that making Hunt's End it's own separate attack is a good touch in making the rotation more active and even possibly improving my damage numbers!
Why does replacing HE enable AOE attacks? They could code the interaction with AOE attacks however they want. For lower diffs where HE is overkill anyway, having separate HE direct attack often makes ranged trash collection faster not slower. To be honest, whiffy direct attacks was my main worry and the attack seems to be landing ok mostly. The last few weeks of terribad lag still illustrates why old HE was a better mechanic though.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Why does replacing HE enable AOE attacks? They could code the interaction with AOE attacks however they want. For lower diffs where HE is overkill anyway, having separate HE direct attack often makes ranged trash collection faster not slower. To be honest, whiffy direct attacks was my main worry and the attack seems to be landing ok mostly. The last few weeks of terribad lag still illustrates why old HE was a better mechanic though.
you expect them to code that? they cant code in an update without 2 hotfixes in 1 week

Drunken.dx

While I agree that the game is better off without Hunt's End existing, the AoE ranged attacks are too small in size. The AoE should be increased.
this...
AOE is too narrow and good luck hitting more than 1 mob with it in moving group, addition of AOE is great idea, but this is only marginally better than scattershot was before change

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
They basically fixed an 'oversight' from 2012 twelve years later. Problem is they let this fester so long it became part of the game. They cured the infection AFTER it got gangrenous and the patient died.

The original adrenaline with bow "bug" which was not WAI and was going to be fixed soon^tm. The fact they actually reintroduced it as WAI in the 'revamped' destinies shows how incapable they are of learning from the previous mistakes. I can't say 'own mistakes' because I'm not sure it is the same people working on destinies now that were in 2012.

And I liked playing artificers, I loved adrenaline/hunt's end.