Is PDK Fat ?

Is DDO's Purple Dragon Knight too "fat" ?

• Yes! I don't care if they are mostly muscle. They look too chonky for my tastes!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes! They look like cheap Halforc knockoffs!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes! Modernize their models please!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm completely NEUTRAL on the issue.

• No! resources are needed somewhere else.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No! Just make newer races more attractive (Goliath? like from Crit Role)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! they are fine as-is.

• Total voters

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
PDK's are NOT fat in my opinion. They are BUFF,
Bodbuilding types.

Bodybuilders look fat in a tie and suit but really have less bodyfat than most supermodels. It's actually not healthy.

So, what do you think?

How-to-Play-Purple-Dragon-Knight.png

^5E Purple Dragon Knight

v Our DDO PDK

8ouszn.jpg

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Halfhumans are awesome.

When played as bears. Big bear, and don't have to look at their half-orc-human-mutant body. Win-win.

droid327

They literally are half-orc knockoffs, they used the Horc model as the base for PDK, hence the chonkiness

Though honestly its just about the neck/shoulders, thats what makes them seem so disproportionate. Give em a neck and a chin and they'll look human again.

Bjond

The problem with PDK isn't that they're "fat", it's that it's an entirely different style of art than the rest of the game. "Comic-book exaggeration" basically. They don't even look remotely human or human-like. They look comic and comedic.

Take WoW as an example. NONE of that looks remotely real, but all of the art "fits" because it's all in the same style. DDO broke their chosen aesthetic with PDK and thus it looks stand-out weird.

Aelonwy

They look like mutants. Their proportions are very poor, if they were meant to be comic-book hero proportions they were way off and should have been modeled more like warforged.

Fulchrum

I just wish their proportions were more Schwarzenegger in his Conan prime and less discount Warhammer/Warcraft.