Khyber Dragonshards

Grimstad

Are Khyber dragonshards and Khyber dragonshard fragments still used in-game, or have they been phased out?

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
the one and only khyber dragonshard that has a use it's the one sold by vendors as material component for trap the soul spell.

any other version is discontinued, useless, literal trash, that is, fragments and the old components like tiny\small\average khyber dragonshards.

don't be fooled by seeing them in auction, they are totally useless trash, but no wonder they are in auction, they did not removed them from the game, also you can still buy that useless trash in the ddo store.

Fisto Mk I

don't be fooled by seeing them in auction, they are totally useless trash, but no wonder they are in auction, they did not removed them from the game, also you can still buy that useless trash in the ddo store.
However, do not doubt, the day after you get rid of them in order to free up the precious inventory space, SSG will announce the release of the next update, where they will become very used for something very tempting. 8)

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
However, do not doubt, the day after you get rid of them in order to free up the precious inventory space, SSG will announce the release of the next update, where they will become very used for something very tempting. 8)

i hope not, i trashed a number of khyber dragonshards fragments with a 6 figures...but you may be right :ROFLMAO:

Grimstad

Thanks for the info. I have plenty of crafting storage in my shared account, so I'll hold onto them just in case.

Ellisaria

I'm a bit annoyed that the old ones are available to buy from vendors. I made the mistake of buying a stack of the old ones the first time I took trap the soul on a caster. If devs are going to change the material component and not reuse the old one for anything, they should remove them from vendors so new players don't get confused.