Lag freeze

Thar

Never got this type of lag before recently... The game seems to stop. like a time stop stop not a you can't move stop and hang for like 10-20 secs and then go back to normal? is this some system problem or new lag the game has introduced?

Rakehell

This has frustrated as it has only appeared for me since the update.

The update seems to have cleared up an issue that ddo had in finding my soundcard, but now I get those 10 second freezes. The sound seems to stutter, and the graphics card acts like it is overloaded. I have never had anything like it before.

Yes, nothing like it ever in a long history of crazy lag events, and also only since the recent 'fix.' When it started it locked up so hard I thought it would crash, like full frozen bloom spell effects on screen for idk but 10 seconds seems right. At least half of them end up killing me with zero I can do about it. Others I survive are only due to luck, low mob density, or no combat at that point, but it almost always happens when some larger fight kicks in. No graphics reduction has helped either. After 3 days of failing almost every quest I realize DDO is no longer playable for me, I'm OUT - which is profoundly depressing after 10+ years of loyal VIP (ie feels like lots of wasted $$ now imo). I SURE HOPE THEY FIX THEIR REPAIR REALLY GD SOON!

Jeronimo

Never got this type of lag before recently... The game seems to stop. like a time stop stop not a you can't move stop and hang for like 10-20 secs and then go back to normal? is this some system problem or new lag the game has introduced?
No... this is not related to lag. It's a new client freeze bug that was introduced with U59. It was discussed in the old forums a bit.

PaleFox

The freeze behaviour of the client is something that was around before u59.
Might have had a different source.

Linas

Same here, had several 5 second freezes after U59 went live, none before.
Setting Sound Effect volume to zero seems to fix it.

Archest

The freeze behaviour of the client is something that was around before u59.
Might have had a different source.
Not never ever had it its not from before the update it is from the update 59 . I think its when reapers make appearances might be something to do with the reaper tree changes but this is just a guess as as far as cause being reaper appearances. maybe part of the audio update changes but NEVER HAD THIS BEFORE THE UPDATE 59. have it most every quest now at least once.

Jeronimo

Not never ever had it its not from before the update it is from the update 59 . I think its when reapers make appearances might be something to do with the reaper tree changes but this is just a guess as as far as cause being reaper appearances. maybe part of the audio update changes but NEVER HAD THIS BEFORE THE UPDATE 59. have it most every quest now at least once.
Agreed! I've played since 2006 and have experienced a lot of strange and odd problems through the years, but for me this is a new unique one... and for me it also appeared in U59. It's super annoying.

SlayerOfDungeons

This issue has happened to me off an on since 2019.

Once I got to run around on rooftops in the Marketplace because of it. I discovered that jumping repeatedly while frozen launches you into the air when the game finally unfreezes. And if you're near roofs, you can land on them.

...but don't tell Cordovan.

Oops.

Dunspartacus

I have also never had this happen to me before now (or if I have not enough to be memorable), but I have definitely been having it happen semi-regularly after U59 and also usually when doing jumping.

Rakehell

The only time I have not gotten the freezes (since update 59) is if I am playing a low level character with no past lives, no reaper, and solo (alone). So as trimmed down as I can get.

It could be that this is something that was in one form or another that affected some people in the past, but update 59 has spread it massively to many other people through some change that was made.

Had not seen it before U59. Could be because before U59 I was running 32bit client.

Not tied to reaper, unless it is in other instances, I'm one of those people that does not play reaper...... Has been happening to me a bunch.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
I haven't seen any full on client freezes (using 64 bit before and after update 59). Is everyone else seeing things like where the client is stuck waiting for the server to respond and when it does, everything catches up in one big fast motion burst?

Zaszgul

It's not server lag, it's graphics lockup. Not "gpu to 100%" lockup, but rather "gpu to 0%" lockup (no gfx crash/recovery involved, the game just stops processing graphics while waiting on something else - likely sfx from their new audio library)

I haven't seen any full on client freezes (using 64 bit before and after update 59). Is everyone else seeing things like where the client is stuck waiting for the server to respond and when it does, everything catches up in one big fast motion burst?
Sounds right for what I have experienced non stop since U59. Anyone denying it is U59 based isn't experiencing what we are & should probably stay out of this thread. Could just be one member who can't stop pretending to be a smarty pants, not sure

MSC

I've had this issue intermittently since the 59 update. It seems to happen for me whenever a large amount of sound effects are playing at once. Meteor Swarm on a group of mobs triggered it a few times, but it seemed to happen with consistency for me in the fire jet room of Prove Your Worth. Freezes happen if I hang around that room.

Note, the freezes go away if I check "disable game sounds". It's possible the fix to the IoD raptor sound crash led to this.

I suffered from the raptor crash and now get this. Raptor crash was happening largely to people using bluetooth connected audio devices, wonder if there's a similar issue here or not.

Anyone that is experiencing this freezing issue, do you use bluetooth connected audio devices? I use them and am experiencing this issue, and I wonder if that will be the common factor this time too or not.

Jeronimo

I do not have anything connected via bluetooth. I use the bultin speakers of my laptop. I didn't have any crashes in IoD. Now it's a rather bad experience.

I agree that freezes usually happens when there is a lot of sound (and graphical) effects at the same time.