Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

CBDunk

Exalted Angel now has Angelic Body and Angelic Soul as pre-reqs, costing 2 AP each, for Holy Presence. Other than this I would never take either of them. That effectively makes Holy Presence a 6 AP ability... which I probably wouldn't do unless I needed to spend the points somewhere to get a higher tier ability in the tree. These should definitely be delinked and/or the AP costs brought down. Note that the Mantle is already a pre-req for all three... thus, no reason to have each step a pre-req for the others.

Ditto Macrotechnic having Improved Aegis and Magical Recoil as pre-reqs for Forcefield Generator... and probably Magus of the Eclipse too, though those abilities are a little better.

In fact, the chain linking of MOST epic enhancements should probably go. Why lock people in to needing to take multiple unrelated abilities that they potentially don't want in order to be able to get one that they do? Granted, most of the trees do not have long chains like these, and those that do (e.g. Shiradi strikes) are generally useful abilities that most people will take anyway. But why force it? What is the 'benefit' in removing choice here?

Elves United

Yes, I didn't want to say anything until I tried it, but my fears were true. My caster and ranged toons nerfed at the same time. Good job, devs.
I'm somewhat wondering if melees are next. Last preview we had significant changes for Exalted, Draconic. And more moderate changes for Shadowdancer and Magus. With a few minor ones sprinkled about and a "not ready for this preview" on Primal.

But this preview we got another major and unexpected change on Shiradi and we're still "not ready for this preview" on Primal.

What destiny will get a major update next preview? Is Adrenaline safe? Or is it next?

CBDunk

pardon me, but what does this mean? you gain +3 to each Turn Undead stat per Religious Lore feat.

The actual text of the ability on the server says; "+3 Turn Undead Effective Level, Maximum Hit Dice, and Hit Dice per Religious Lore feat you have."

So, a 20th level Cleric, which would automatically have 20 religious lore feats, gets +60 to basically every aspect of turning undead. Which will make them easily able to turn just about any single creature that isn't immune... and generally one to three more creatures than they could before.

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
Dark Imbuement still says "You deal 1d6 per Sneak Attack Dice in Untyped Damage on hit". It is hard to parse the combat log but it seems that it is not per hit but that there is still a limit on how often it takes effect. If you are not going to remove the limit at least make it clear from the description on how often it can take effect.
You're speaking my language. It has a 1 second ICD (which I believe @Tonquin mentioned was the minimum amount of ICD they can apply in coding.) It already seems to do less damage than sneak attack dice do. It must either not scale from most debuffs, or has worse descaling in subsequently higher reaper content. I know there was a time when it was not working as intended and was scaling with both melee power and force spellpower, resulting in unreasonably high damage. In it's current iteration, a removal of the ICD and a scaling of 75% melee power would be reasonable and perhaps even remotely competitive. Some of the DDO math people could probably math it out better than me.

Cetus

Fury of the Wild​

Most of the adjustments here center on the tree's Epic Strikes. We wanted to boost Quick Cut to make it a more attractive choice versus Adrenaline.
  • Adrenaline's cooldown has been adjusted to 9 seconds

I strongly encourage you to revert this change. Adrenaline is one of the only things that makes THF somewhat enjoyable, a fighting style that has receded into objectively poor DPS compared to the existing alternatives.

If you refuse, at least leave it at 8 sec for THF...

CBDunk

Fury of the Wild has improvements to the Epic Strike in the same column as the Mantle. Wild & Wilder Weapons should swap with Fury & Force Selector.

Ahpuch

It's an internal cooldown of a second or so. On repeater, 1 bolt out of 4 will get that damage. We've been asking them to remove/reduce it for ages as it makes it meh for fast attacking builds.
Yeah. They are not going to change it. I was politely trying to suggest they should DOCUMENT the ICD so that you (yes, specifically you rabidfox) don't need to explain it to people all the time. (Like you need more rep, amiright :))

Hear that Tonquin, DOCUMENT THE ICD if you are not going to remove it. Let people know what this thing actually does. I will say that the reduced cooldown means it can be kept going permanently and its actually not a bad steady source of damage compared to what it was but it should still be DOCUMENTED so that inquisitives, repeaters, TWFer's will know they are not getting the extra damage on hit. (better yet remove the ICD but since it seems like that is not going to happen, DOCUMENT IT).

I think I made my point that time....

l_remmie

I like the shirari changes. I always disliked the hunts end mechanic of priming the next shot. I won't miss that.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Here you say 6 per SA die but in game it lists 5 per die. In game I was seeing only 100 for 30 SA dice instead of the 150 I should expect. It seems like some SA are not being included?
Ah, this is one of those tiny little bugs that turn out to be several big, scary bugs in a trench coat. Long story short, upon investigating this, it turns out that Rogue's built-in Sneak Attack Dice aren't considered "Sneak Attack Dice" by the game - they're some other thing that is added up somewhere else and aren't being counted by Dark Imbuement or anything else that scales with Sneak Attack Dice.

The good news is, this is completely fixable (assuming my off the cuff solution doesn't explode!), will result in a pretty sizeable buff for Shadowdancer's Epic Strikes, and should be all set for when this actually goes live. Thank you!

Willan

Tonquin, can you please consider upping wholeness of spirit to a useable heal? As of right now, its a 1 minute cooldown 100 hp heal that gets reduced to almost nothing in reaper. Its not very Epic. Maybe add positive spellpower scaling or melee power scaling to it so it is atleast a big out of combat heal? Preferably you would add Epic level scaling along w/ melee power scaling to make it a good, in combat defensive heal even in reaper like LoH.

Erofen

Keeper of Hades' Secrets
Still completely ignored on the EA mantle healing. Not a peep. While I'm going to be sad either way, this is just frustrating.

As for Greater Shadowform... I do not like the removal of the hide/ms. It already isn't very viable in any reaper content and mobs have insane spot anyways.

jotmon

Looks like Exalted Angel Holy presence healing aura is still being turned into [expletive].
some shuffling with Angelic soul but the real net result is a loss of heals

Originally
  • Holy Presence: While in your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle and conscious, you and your allies in close range heal for 1d4+1 bonus Hit Points per caster level in Positive healing every 6 seconds. This scales with 100% Positive Spell Power. Cannot toggle the bonus heal bursts from the Tier 1 Angelic Form. (Possible bug: If damaged just to the point of unconsciousness and not death, this has been seen still firing and resurrecting yourself).
  • Angelic Soul: Your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle now grants +10 Magical Resistance Rating and 15% damage absorption to all damage types other than Piercing, Slashing, Bludgeoning, Negative, Positive, Repair, and Bane/Untyped.
Now
  • Angelic Soul is now: "Your Wrathful Form and Angelic Form now apply Consecrated Cinders to enemies and Consecrated Sparks to allies. Consecrated Cinders: -5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Consecrated Sparks: +5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating"
  • Holy Presence and Angelic Soul have swapped places
  • Holy Presence is now: "While in your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle, you gain 15% damage absorption to all Elemental (Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, Poison, Sonic) and Alignment (Good, Evil, Lawful, Chaotic) damage."

As I said in Preview 1 this change makes Exalted angel worthless to anyone using the tree for healing access.
I will probably dump this tree and pickup unyeilding sentinal's renewal/LOH not as good of a fit but better than this change.

Baahb3

Looks like Exalted Angel Holy presence healing aura is still being turned into [expletive].
some shuffling with Angelic soul but the real net result is a loss of heals

As I said in Preview 1 this change makes Exalted angel worthless to anyone using the tree for healing access.
I will probably dump this tree and pickup unyeilding sentinal's renewal/LOH not as good of a fit but better than this change.
100% agree Jot, there is no reason for a healer now to stay in the tree that was supposed to be for healers. Looking at US myself.

Redoubt

Just use fury mantle like you're intended to?

I posted this in the preview 1 thread about fury mantle healing. How much of an impact do you think this has? Also, why would I use Fury of the wild on a warlock?

mantle healing 6d10 * (250mp *2) * 2 (for 100 hamp) = 350 every 15 seconds on R6 that is 70 hp healed every 15 seconds. Is there something I am missing that upgrades this healing?

Unbridled fury: 10% of 4000 hp = 400 doubled to 800 (100 hamp) every 5 seconds for 6 or 7 ticks. At R6 its 160 per tick for a total of 1120 (assuming 7 total ticks) once per 5 minutes.

Unquenchable fury. I may need some help on the math on this one. Heal spell is 10 per caster level.
20 rogue = 0 caster levels
10 epics = 5 caster levels
Fury, LD and SD do not give caster levels. So...
50 point heal * (250mp * 2) = 250 douibled for hamp is 500 point heal. On R6 that is 100 points.

Ratman

Hi all! I hope your 2024 is treating you well!

With Update 66 we're embarking on a pretty large overhaul of the current 13 Epic Destinies in an effort to adjust their structure, balance, and presentation. This takes the form of some universal changes that apply to all trees, and some specific changes that apply to certain abilities within certain trees. Without further ado, let's get right to it!

Changes for this preview are in this awesome teal and are bolded!

Changes to All Trees​

All Epic Destiny Trees have received the following:
  • A pass over their individual icons for readability and iconography - this includes several new icons and edits to existing ones to provide a cleaner and more cohesive within-tree look.
  • All Mantle ability icons now have a color-coded border around their Icon for maximum readability on a hotbar or within a tree.
  • All Strike ability icons now have a color-coded border around their Icon for maximum readability on a hotbar or within a tree.
  • All abilities that upgrade a Mantle or a Strike now have an appropriate border that matches the border of what they're upgrading for maximum visual clarity.
  • Trees have been reordered and rearranged to support more clear Prereq lines in cases where ability upgrades are required - for example, an ability that says "Your Destiny Mantle gains this specific bonus" is now in a line with that Mantle and has arrows to properly convey its relationship.
  • A ton of tooltips have been rewritten, reworded, color coded, and simplified or expanded depending on their needs.
You'll notice this section is almost all about how the trees are presented - and it's something that we hope really makes a difference. But now, onwards to the funky stuff!

Draconic Incarnation​

Most of these adjustments are about Dragon Breath, an ability that we think is quite strong but has overshadowed the other caster-based Epic Strikes and (more importantly) outpaced the intended difficulty of our content. To that end, we're lowering its damage, but are also lowering its AP cost and its cooldown. Other Epic Strikes are being adjusted as well, Draconic just happens to be first and we're starting here!
  • Dragon Breath is now a 1-rank, 2AP Ability.
  • Dragon Breath damage adjusted to 1d6+5 damage per caster level.
  • Energy Burst now increases Dragon Breath's damage to 1d6+10 damage per caster level.
  • Gaping Maw now increases Dragon Breath's damage to 1d6+10 damage per caster level.
  • Dragon Breath cooldown adjusted to 12 seconds.
  • Dragon Breath and Attune the Arcane have swapped places in the tree.
  • Dragon Breath now has its intended max caster level of 20 to match the other Epic Strikes. All Epic Strikes should now have a Maximum Caster Level of 20.
  • The Epic Moment no longer makes you immune to negative damage if you are Undead.
  • Spread Your Wings now properly puts all other jaunt abilities on cooldown.
  • Inevitable is now on its own damage channel and should therefore no longer conflict with other damage over time abilities.

Fatesinger​

Fatesinger's largest adjustments are in how it calculates its DCs for its CC abilities. It's also the first tree in alphabetical order to have its cores adjusted, which means this is a great place to talk about our new Core structure for certain destinies.

Quick Interlude for a Chart!​

Going forward, we've standardized the HP and SP so that certain destinies match each other based on their intended playstyle. This mostly resulted in a bump to HP for the Martial Destinies, but we're happy to have a good standard to fall back on when iterating on this system.
Destiny TypeDestiny TreesHP Per CoreSP Per Core
MartialDivine Crusader, Grandmaster of Flowers, Legendary Dreadnought, Fury of the Wild25-
HybridShadowdancer, Fatesinger, Machrotechnic, Shiradi1525
SpellcasterDraconic Incarnation, Magus of the Eclipse, Primal Avatar, Exalted Angel-50
Unyielding SentienelUnyielding Sentienel3520

Back to Fatesinger​

Where were we... right! Fatesinger!
  • Core abilities now grant +15 HP
  • Renamed "The Rhythm to Reign" to "Pianissimo"
  • Renamed "Reign" to "The Rhythm to Reign"
  • DC for Discord abilities (melee/ranged) is now 20 + highest mod + stun DC
  • DC for Greatest Shout + Discord (spell) is now 20 + highest of int/wis/cha + evocation DC
  • Strike a Chord sonic damage is now 1d6+3 per Caster Level.
  • Little bit of Music and Master the Acoustics have swapped places in the tree
  • Master the Acoustics rank 3 now doubles the sonic damage for all epic strikes in the tree in additional to it's original bonuses.
  • Critical Threat Range of Pluck the String and The Sword Swings increased from +2 to +4
  • Arrow of Discord is now an AOE Ranged Attack (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)
  • Arrow of Discord's Bonus Damage has been reduced from 30% to 15% (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)

Magus of the Eclipse​

Magus is the first of the trees to get a more significant overhaul to its structure. The big goal here was to provide more traditional spellcasters a way to better utilize the whole tree. We also wanted to significantly boost the damage of the Epic Strikes to make them a more attractive choice for damaging spellcasters.
  • Moon Lance and Gloom Spear now deal 1d8+8 damage per caster level
  • Chill Aura is now multiselected with: "Flash of the Eclipse: While in your Magus of the Eclipse Destiny Mantle, your Cold and Negative spells have a chance to blast your target for an additional 1d6+6 damage per character level of the same type as the spell used, as well as applying one stack of Shattermantle. Each element can only strike once every 5 seconds, tracked separately."
  • Share the Light now requires Chill Aura as a prereq
  • Null Magic Strike is now multiselected with Share the Light and moves down in the tree to Tier 3
  • New Tier 4 where Null Magic Strike was: "Lunar Studies: While in your Magus of the Eclipse Destiny Mantle, you gain Spell Resistance, Magic Resistance Rating, and Magic Resistance Rating Cap equal to 3 times the number of Metamagic feats you've acquired."
  • Grand Summoner moves to multiselect with New Tier 4 Lunar Studies, and is now part of the Destiny Mantle
  • New Tier 1 where Grand Summoner was: "Moontouched: +2/4/6 Magic Resistance Rating. Rank 3: +5 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal Spell Power"
  • Lunar Imbuement is now: "Casting Moon Lance or Gloom Spear grants you +5 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal Spell Power for 12 seconds, and these spells apply 5 stacks of Vulnerability to the enemy struck."
  • All Core abilities now grant +1 Spell Penetration each
  • Core 4 now grants +3 Spell Pen (which is still total of 7 across all 4 cores + 3 from core 4, but is now spread out a bit and easier to access)
  • Lunar Power is now: "+10 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal spell power. Your Moon Lance and Gloom Spear spells now deal 1d12+16 damage to enemies with 0 or less Spell Resistance."
  • AP costs of several abilities have been adjusted to try to get this tree closer to the goal of 60-ish AP for all abilities like other Destiny Trees. It's still below other trees, but now the margin is less severe.
  • Grand Summoner moves to multiselect with Tier 1 Imperceptible Casting
  • Improved Arcane Pulse is now named Unholy Pulse and grants +15 neg amp in addition to its existing effects

Machrotechnic​

This tree got some fun stuff to help it branch out a bit and boost its Strike DPS in relation to the others.
  • The cooldowns of the Hammer Time spells and the damaging Epic Strikes have swapped places - leaving the Sonic and Electric Epic Strikes at 10 seconds and the Hammer spells at 15 seconds.
  • Rune Arm Use now allows you to use highest of INT/WIS/CHA for Rune Arm DCs
  • The Tier 4 strike upgrade boosts the Sonic and Electric damage of the strike to 1d6+8

Divine Crusader​

Small changes and bug fixes for this tree.
  • Core Abilities now grant +25 HP
  • Core 4 damage now correctly scales with melee/ranged power.

Exalted Angel​

Another tree to receive a larger overhaul. Most of these changes are centered around the Mantle and the Epic Moment. A new mechanical sub-theme within this tree is abilities that boost your Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Furthermore, we boosted the damage of the Epic Strikes significantly.
  • Holy Fireball damage adjusted to 1d6+4 Fire and 1d6+4 Light damage per caster level. Cooldown Adjusted to 10 seconds.
  • Divine Protection is now: +1/2/3 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Rank 3: +5 Fire, Light, Positive, Alignment and Universal Spellpower.
  • Metamagic Attunement II in tier 5 no longer grants spell power (was moved to tier 2 Divine Protection)
  • Metamagic Attunement II now has proper feat prereqs
  • Sun Pillar and Flame Pillar now deal 1d8+8 damage per caster level
  • New Multiselector with Angelic Form: Wrathful Form: "Casting a Fire, Light, Alignment, or Positive Spell causes you to be surrounded by fire and light for 5 seconds, damaging all enemies nearby every 2.5 seconds for 1d6 Fire and 1d6 Light damage per caster level. This damage will not strike dazed targets unless they are also stunned. Subsequent spellcasts extend the duration by an additional 5 seconds, up to a maximum of 15. This ability ends when you leave combat. Your Positive Healing spells heal 1d6 extra Positive Healing per caster level. This has a cooldown of 5 seconds before it can trigger again."
  • Angelic Form is now: "Your offensive Fire spells deal 1d6+6 bonus Fire damage per caster level, and your offensive Light spells now deal 1d6+6 bonus Light damage per caster level. Your Positive Healing spells heal 1d6 extra Positive Healing per caster level. These damage effects each have a unique cooldown of 5 seconds." (this is pretty much what was here before, but with slightly different heal scaling and no % chance)
  • Angelic Body is now: "While within your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle, you gain +5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating, and are immune to Natural Poisons and Natural Diseases.
  • Angelic Soul is now: "Your Wrathful Form and Angelic Form now apply Consecrated Cinders to enemies and Consecrated Sparks to allies. Consecrated Cinders: -5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Consecrated Sparks: +5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating"
  • Holy Presence and Angelic Soul have swapped places
  • Holy Presence is now: "While in your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle, you gain 15% damage absorption to all Elemental (Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, Poison, Sonic) and Alignment (Good, Evil, Lawful, Chaotic) damage."
  • Blessed Water's Rank 3 now also grants +15 Magical Resistance Rating if you have the Font of Life feat
  • Shadows Upon You now also reduces Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating by 1 per stack.
  • Ascendance is now: Epic Moment. For the next 20 seconds, your single-target Cure Wounds spells you cast on any target now instead apply to all allies. These spells cannot crit. For the duration of this ability, Raise Dead and Resurrection also raise your target to full HP like True Resurrection does. Finally, your Turn Undead can now turn any type of creature regardless of genus, can destroy things it turns, and you gain +3 to each Turn Undead stat per Religious Lore feat.
  • Chain Cure projectile set to Ludicrous Speed and added homing so it hits your allies more often
  • Bane of Undeath now allows you to use your character level instead of your class level for Turn Undead
  • Delayed Judgement DC scaling is now enchantment

Grandmaster of Flowers​

Almost all of the adjustments here are centered on the Epic Strikes.
  • Drifting Lotus Epic strike now deals +10/20/30% damage
  • Orchid Blossom Epic Strike now deals 1d6+10 damage per caster level
  • Fixed ranged power scaling on Orchid Blossom
  • Fixed tainted creature boost on Orchid Blossom
  • Lower cooldowns of inner focus and wholeness of spirit to be 120/90/60 seconds

Legendary Dreadnought​

• Dire Shot is now an AOE Ranged Attack (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)
  • Legendary Rally (Ranged) is now an AOE Ranged Attack (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)
  • Legendary Rally (Ranged)'s Bonus Damage has been reduced from 50% to 25% (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)

Shadowdancer​

Another tree to get a slightly more in-depth overhaul, focused on beefing up the Mantle a bit and boosting the Epic Strike.
  • Core abilities now grant +15 HP and +25 SP.
  • Epic Strike: Becomes a beam like Lightning Bolt instead of being single target. Cooldown adjusted to 8 seconds. (note: the Lightning Bolt targeting is not working in this preview!)
  • Shadow Mastery Epic Moment's activation time has been significantly reduced
  • Weird is now a SLA instead of a Spellbook Spell, with the same cost and cooldown as it had before
  • Consumed by Shadows debuff attack from t5 now also applies Shadow Loss and 3 stacks of Darkness to affected enemies.
  • Mantle t5 upgrade's shadowy floating vfx and feather fall moves to the T2 Mantle upgrade, Depths of Darkness
  • New t5 to replace Greater Shadowform: Unholy Feeding: On kill, you gain 6 temp HP per sneak attack dice. You also gain +10 Force and Universal Spell Power and are immune to Pressure Plates and Bear Traps.
  • Shadowstrike (Ranged) is now an AOE Ranged Attack (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)
  • Shadowstrike (Ranged)'s Bonus Damage has been reduced from 50% to 25% (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)
  • Shadowstrike (Ranged)'s bonus to Critical Multiplier has been lowered from +3 to +2 (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)

Fury of the Wild​

Most of the adjustments here center on the tree's Epic Strikes. We wanted to boost Quick Cut to make it a more attractive choice versus Adrenaline.
  • Core abilities now grant +25 HP
  • Great Leveler now applies a 2 second no save knockdown against targets who succeed against the 6 second knockdown. Tool tip upgraded to indicate the save is vs the Balance Skill.
  • Adrenaline's cooldown has been adjusted to 9 seconds
  • Quick Cut's animation upgraded to use whirlwind (2 hits in a 360 degree area)
  • Cutter now always applies to all creatures hit without requiring you to be Quick
  • Quick now always applies to you (assuming you hit a creature)
  • Cutter damage reduced from 4d6 to 3d6 and is now slashing damage, not bane.
  • Be The Whirlwind now applies to Quick Cutter

Primal Avatar​

These changes are entirely about the tree's Epic Strikes.
  • Carrion Swarm DOT damage bug fixed to actually be 1d6+1 per 2 character levels.
  • Carrion Swarm gains a saving throw interval to remove the dot.
  • Spring to Summer AOE damage adjusted to 1d6+6 per Caster Level.
  • Storm Catcher single target damage adjusted to 1d8+8 per Caster Level. DOT damage adjusted to 1d6 every 2 seconds per Caster Level.
  • Fix bug with core 3 so that it's stuff YOU CAST and not spells that affect you
  • Carrion Swarm visual bug fixed so you have a unique channel per originator

Shiradi Champion​

For this tree, a lot's going on. You are probably going to have to check this one out in the game as the abilities have been shuffled considerably.
  • Core abilities now grant +15 HP, +25 SP
  • Feywild Attunement's Base Attack Bonus now works regardless of weapon type.
  • Fey Lights now deals 1d6+3 Force damage per caster level, scaling with Force Spell Power. Selecting an element with your mantle's Stay ability will change this damage to match that type.
  • Core 4 is now: "You gain +1 Saves vs Spells, with an additional +1 for every Favored Enemy feat you've acquired. +1 Maximum Manyshot charge."
  • Pin is now: "AOE Ranged Attack: Make a Ranged Attack that shatters on impact, hitting all enemies in a small area around where it lands. If a moving enemy is affected, they are slowed for 12 seconds. 15 second cooldown."
  • Otto's Whistler's Immobilize and Dance effects when upgrading Pin have been reduced to a 6 second duration (though still with no saving throw) as Pin's ability to lock down groups is now significantly stronger.
  • Fey Form mantle upgrade is now Cruelty of the Hunt: You deal +10% damage against the helpless.
  • Track now works on harmful spellcasts and reduces saves by 1/stack.
  • New Enemy of my Own multiselector: Fey Form: You gain Dr10/Cold Iron, +5 Force and Universal Spell Power, and your main hand weapon becomes an Implement
  • New Whirling Wrists multiselector: Flickering Fingers: +1/2/3 Imbue Dice
  • New Phase Double multiselector: Fey Presence: +2/4/6% incorporeality
  • Hunts End is now a ranged attack that deals +250% damage and automatically crits.
  • Greater Beguiling Charm has been cut, and Beguiling Charm now has its upgrade by default
  • Hunt's End and Pin have switched places, with Pin becomes the new epic strike. Pin gets upgraded now in Hunt's End's place, and Hunts End is now multiselected with the Beguiling Charm ability and is no longer an Epic Strike.
  • Beguiling Charm and the space where Greater Beguiling Charm was move up a tier, to Tier 3 and 4, and Enemy Of My Own goes down to Tier 2
  • New Tier 4 where Greater Beguile would have been: Countenance of Queens: -15% threat from all sources
  • The second Strike upgrade for Pin is "Overwhelming Force: Pin now applies 10 stacks of Track to enemies struck." The first strike upgrade in tier 3 is Otto's Whistler, which moved in from its previous location in tier 4.
  • Pin is now an AOE Ranged Attack
  • Otto's Whistler's Immobilize and Dance effects when upgrading Pin have been reduced to a 6 second duration (though still with no saving throw) as Pin's ability to lock down groups is now significantly stronger.

Unyielding Sentinel​

Some fun stuff in here!
  • Celestial Mandate damage increased to 75% and it now has a +30 to hit bonus.
  • Throw the Boom is a separate ability, sharing a cooldown with Knight's Challenge.

Conclusion​

This is an early preview, which means we're very interested in your thoughts and feedback on these changes. Please let us know what you think!
So, basically, the way I read your thoughts T is that you don’t care even a little what anyone had to say about dragon breath or EA. If you think anyone believes that nonsense tiny breadcrumb of damage change wasn’t already built in you really think your CUSTOMERS are a bunch of rubes.

Epic strikes at MCL 20 is simply a bunch of NONSENSE. That makes ANY of them HEROIC LEVEL. The ONLY one that WAS epic WAS actually DB! You should be bringing other UP. It’s almost as if SSG is purposefully doing everything they can to have people cancel VIP and stop spending. If a game becomes work and not entertainment, maybe it’s not worth playing. You guys never actually listen. 2000 comments + and you ignore it all. SMH.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I strongly encourage you to revert this change. Adrenaline is one of the only things that makes THF somewhat enjoyable, a fighting style that has receded into objectively poor DPS compared to the existing alternatives.

If you refuse, at least leave it at 8 sec for THF...
It's OK Cetus, we melees aren't complainers. Even though this will wreck DPS and survivability, we melees will carry on with quiet resolve.

95a587fc6acbf9fad38caae31327165e.gif

Cetus

It's OK Cetus, we melees aren't complainers. Even though this will wreck DPS and survivability, we melees will carry on with quiet resolve.

95a587fc6acbf9fad38caae31327165e.gif
I just used it on the DPS kobold and that extra second between adrenalines frankly sucks.

THF getting wrecked over and over...

...and over again.

PraetorPlato

I don't think cooldown on adren should be relevant for DPS kobold.... If THF can't be gotten below 9.5 second kobold, that's a large issue (and also doesn't match with other testing I've seen/done)

Cetus

I don't think cooldown on adren should be relevant for DPS kobold.... If THF can't be gotten below 9.5 second kobold, that's a large issue (and also doesn't match with other testing I've seen/done)

Kobold beatdown times and THF DPS in general is a related but tangential topic.

The point is that my attack cycle feels bad with another second delay on the big hit, not to mention the fact that the alignment is now off with respect to both boulder's might AND fast & furious.

It's just a mess.

PraetorPlato

BM alignment (what's relevant to THF) doesn't get any worse:

If pre-patch, you were holding BM to match with adren, then alignment's not an issue

If you were filling with a different attack so that you could use both on CD, then pre-patch, you needed to fill with two different attacks (or a short cooldown attacks), post-patch, you only need 1, which mitigates, not exacerbates, although does not fully make up, the DPS loss over (say) a 48 second period.

If you were spamming both on CD without filling with a different attack, then you get an aligned attack 1/18 seconds, instead of 1/24 seconds

Last edited: