Last update's FPS fix seemed to have fixed more than just that.

Myosin

I used to get an occasional freeze at seemingly arbitrarily points in the game. This freeze could last anywhere from 15 to 30 or more seconds. I could force the freeze by opening a UI element like the adventure compendium which would take like 30 seconds to appear - same with epic destiny and enhancement windows. Once they loaded once they'd be alright to open and close for the most part.

Anyway, it seems this random freeze has either been entirely eliminated or now too small for me to notice. I still notice a small freeze opening epic destiny/compendium/enhancements but it's way less than it used to be.

Anyway, good on the team whatever they did to fix that FPS bug - seems it helped the overall experience a great deal from my point of view.

Phiarlan Ballroom Fountain still lags like crazy though when looking at it - but it's done that as long as I can remember (at least on this machine) (link to another user with the same problem with the fountain).

Last edited:

seph1roth5

They just found all the bits and pieces of lag and swept them over to orien. It was virtually unplayable on Sunday, with no dev response here or on social media. No restart or anything. Got better Monday where you could at least use the bank, but there was a ton of lag for Monday morning.

Br4d

Not seeing lag on Orien other than the occasional moment where the client does not respond. Definitely seeing quest completion issues from time to time.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The game was running quite smooth for a couple days between u66 release before u66.0.1 & its FPS issues. From what's been gathered there was a bunch of backend work on stuff (likely for various exploits/bugs); so it probably had some good effects on overall game health.

Myosin

I had the "arbitrary" game freeze again while doing partycrashers last night (the same type of one that would occur when opening adventure compendium/destiny/enhancements windows for the first time). It always has seemed to be related to loading something that's not in memory. Anyway, it lasted only like a 10th of a second. Before it would be anywhere from 15-30 seconds - a total hard freeze can't move mouse - no new render frames or anything. Sound would keep playing. Regardless it never was accompanied by my very loud WD Black 4TB churning.

Anyway, I haven't had one single hard freeze lasting longer than half a second since the update so I'm thrilled. Sometimes that hard freeze would kill me, usually hirelings kept me alive but sometimes it was fatal. I was definitely opposed to trying hardcore cause of that freeze - now maybe I would but my hardcore phobia is another matter.

It feels so luxurious opening the adventure compendium now. I remember how often I would brace myself to sit there waiting 30 seconds for it to "load."

Last edited: