Lava Divers Presents - First Life Raid Push Challenge

Livmo

You can still participate if you ate epic destiny, racial, fate or universal tomes. You just can't spend that AP.
Neato I can save up plat to reset! It appears I haven't played on that sever in a long time. Pre-reaper, thus no points. I got to 29 and recall not having much luck pulling epic gear. Most of what I have on is from heroic Gianthold. I need to put some time into Kyhber Livmo.

PraetorPlato

Neato I can save up plat to reset! It appears I haven't played on that sever in a long time. Pre-reaper, thus no points. I got to 29 and recall not having much luck pulling epic gear. Most of what I have on is from heroic Gianthold. I need to put some time into Kyhber Livmo.
double check that you don't have any stat tomes in excess of what's allowed, that'll mess you up!

Livmo

double check that you don't have any stat tomes in excess of what's allowed, that'll mess you up!
(_8(l) DoH!

I checked and I have all +8 on stats, but no skill tomes really. At some point in the past I consumed a +8 tome. So I logged out and looked at some of the other toons and they haven't been played in ages! I'm already playing an arty on 2 other servers. Probably best to make a new toon. Ugh I have so many already, but I haven't played cleric, FvS, or warlock ina while. I'd like to play Sun Elf Fiend Warlock or pure cleric or FvS instead of arty. I'm cagey on any toon, but would need adjusting to not violating the rules and setting up as intended for the play. I run raids on 1st lifers all the time, but not with restrictions per se. I totally pop tomes and pots when I get them from daily dice, but can plop in the bank instead and save on them : )

This is a different and unique way to play. My interest is piqued. I'm a big fan of 1st of lifers and raids as you can tell from past posts. That's were I enjoy the challenge. I don't like toons with allot of past lifes. Takes fear out of playing the game and I don't get a rush from it. Being a first lifer and knowing your gonna die in VON 4, because you cannot find the reaper and trying to find a shrine to die near can be allot of fun. I usually wait for the red alert to go away before I click on the shrine tho : ) )

Last edited:

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Will you stream or upload some runs somewhere? (Did I miss the information?)

Thx for posting your builds for this. These are great examples for beginners.

Cheers,
Titus

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Will you stream or upload some runs somewhere? (Did I miss the information?)
There were individuals streaming last run. Since it's an open event where anyone can give it a go, it'd be up to whoever is in any given group on any given night if any streaming happens or not. Last time Cammy (ZimsGaming) and jenraina were streaming on their twitch accounts. Looks like Jen has an archived video of the run available (
)

Livmo

There were individuals streaming last run. Since it's an open event where anyone can give it a go, it'd be up to whoever is in any given group on any given night if any streaming happens or not. Last time Cammy (ZimsGaming) and jenraina were streaming on their twitch accounts. Looks like Jen has an archived video of the run available (
)
Interesting indeed. Please forgive me, I have no ill intent, but I do play allot first lifers and some of those stats seem high on a few of the builds when I look at the rules. However there could be builds/styles I'm unfamiliar with. They do appear to be all first lifers in the video. I didn't see any wings. You've got me itching to play barbarian.

PraetorPlato

Interesting indeed. Please forgive me, I have no ill intent, but I do play allot first lifers and some of those stats seem high on a few of the builds when I look at the rules. However there could be builds/styles I'm unfamiliar with. They do appear to be all first lifers in the video. I didn't see any wings. You've got me itching to play barbarian.
Curious which stats you’re wondering about!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
There's no reaper points spent, 61 destiny points, 80 AP, one +2 stat tome, one +5 stat tome, 60k sentient weapon XP, etc. Many builds are designed to push limits. Some of the builds have already been posted on here (I'd likely expect most of them to be posted over time as people work out any kinks in their builds).

Livmo

There's no reaper points spent, 61 destiny points, 80 AP, one +2 stat tome, one +5 stat tome, 60k sentient weapon XP, etc. Many builds are designed to push limits. Some of the builds have already been posted on here (I'd likely expect most of them to be posted over time as people work out any kinks in their builds).
Right on! That's what I like to do! I wasn't kidding about running LoB and FoT naked (high reflex on the min/max : )

BTW I cracked up when I saw someone pull a plus 8 tome : ) ) See it happens! Resist the temptation to stay within the rules?

If I was on a pure cleric or human FvS I should not eat that if I pulled and put into bank instead? (yes I prefer wis over cha; don't care about turn undead)

(please forgive I have allot going and I'm sleep deprived; not related to video game play, life is just like that sometimes; many questions)

The barb tank is all min-maxed for relevant stats. First life, no RP spent, no raid gear.
Dang that looks like a fun tanking run! If I'm poor on Kyhber/Argo and pulled a Hunter Slayer in this style of play could I use and still participate? And would it be OK to farm augments or items to turn in for augments?

I need to get a bit higher level on 1st life to be able to get that secret door in Haunted Halls and I will need to be able to kill the zombies fast before they overwhelm me. Plus I want loot, i.e. secret doors/gold piles. Good source of augments and plat. I usually pull L28s in there.

EDIT ~ I checked Khyber and I have no sentient weapons or philigree. I don't mind staying at 60. That's 1 5xSet and 1 x Seeker philigree. Maybe use the last slot for a +2 on main stat.

EDIT ~ I finally logged into Argo and I'm at level 15 with no tomes and only the Sun Elf starter gear. Totally stock from the new car lot. I have an untainted scholar :D

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Specifically the hit points on several of the builds not counting the barbarian.
My warlock's potential HP (if pop all my pots).
dNx4mWx.png

if someone has better class dice, combat feats x4, higher CON, various % based XP boosts from trees or gear then it jumps even higher very fast. In order to effectively hit the DCs I want (and have decent damage), I don't get a lot of extra HP sources, so I'm the near low end of where folks HP would be at.

Livmo

My warlock's potential HP (if pop all my pots).
dNx4mWx.png

if someone has better class dice, combat feats x4, higher CON, various % based XP boosts from trees or gear then it jumps even higher very fast. In order to effectively hit the DCs I want (and have decent damage), I don't get a lot of extra HP sources, so I'm the near low end of where folks HP would be at.
That armor's nice to glamor. Also you don't have to chase down an L28 augment (false life), which saves an augment slot for something else :D

Same. This is a 1st life L20 Sun Elf Fiend Warlock. Only has a +3 CHA tome. (2, then 2+3) HP challenged, but OK if you can kill everything 1st (DCs). All of my gear is level 11-18. I'm wearing a Totemic Levelar for my main stat. This toon doesn't have good RNG. Thus level 11-18 gear and I had to farm the Levelar on my way to 20 (only +6 CHA) :/

Based on running this build several times I'll land around 1000-1100 ish HP at level 29 assuming I can find better gear.

EDIT ~ For context my junky gear and spells I'm currently using with DCs.

Last edited: