Lava Divers World First R10 Legendary Chronoscope

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Some of the boss fights were a total slog but the final boss was fun to do the mechanics on.
Cammy and Gunga on tanks, Kanra and C rocking the heals, and Matty, Tanky, Shav, Epic, Jennafer, Neo, Yuki, and Sardonic.
r10_chrono_4.png

Last edited:

Catmosphere

Congrats! :)

So you going to share more on how it was? Your OP is laconic. More details please!!!

And is it true that his red wings are better than your red wings? I want to hear what happens when you push it to R10!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
So you going to share more on how it was? Your OP is laconic. More details please!!!
It didn't require the level of planning a lot of pushes do. We went in the raid for the first time on r7 last night and did it, and did r10 on our first try tonight. So the more 'details to follow' was assuming we'd have to do a bunch of TRs and adjust tactics a ton to get it done. Can talk about any of the specific fights if anyone is curious.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Bank fight magots? Just high enough saves or which?
Kite out of it, I think @cammy was popping disease pots like crazy tanking that boss.
AOE in end fight? how does that scale and what did you do?
You have to deal with the different mechanics; which made the fight interesting. Having amazing tanks, heals, and group coordination to quickly respond to the attacks was clutch.
SnLPCbK.png

mikarddo

If one gets hit by the acid damage on the endfight.
image.png

Now, that is fun.

I only tried the raid twice and only on R1. In the end fight I seemed to be getting hit by some AoE nomatter where I placed my self - admittingly, I am not sure if that was acid or something else.

Is there a way to avoid that or do I just have to suck it up? :)

vryxnr

woah. lol... ok... that is a new largest ever negative number :D
I've actually seen worse (taking a dip in the acid in r10 illithid challenge dungeons)...

W4rJchz.jpg

But anyways, GG to everyone involved in the R10 completion! Always impressive to see. :love:

I assume you had someone instakilling (via trap the soul) the Circles of Great Scorn during the razorarm fight to remove his prr/mrr buff so you could damage him faster (still a slog, but a difference between a long slog and a very painfully long slog imo)

Epicsoul

Now, that is fun.

I only tried the raid twice and only on R1. In the end fight I seemed to be getting hit by some AoE nomatter where I placed my self - admittingly, I am not sure if that was acid or something else.

Is there a way to avoid that or do I just have to suck it up? :)
While my HP suggests that I did suck it up at least once, you can avoid it.

His electric dragon phase spawns four blue circles. Each circle ‘pops’ twice for damage and then disappear. Immediately after, everyone has to tuck under the boss to prevent massive acid damage.

It’s likely the damage was meant to be electric considering he’s a blue dragon.

Epicsoul

I've actually seen worse (taking a dip in the acid in r10 illithid challenge dungeons)...

W4rJchz.jpg

But anyways, GG to everyone involved in the R10 completion! Always impressive to see. :love:

I assume you had someone instakilling (via trap the soul) the Circles of Great Scorn during the razorarm fight to remove his prr/mrr buff so you could damage him faster (still a slog, but a difference between a long slog and a very painfully long slog imo)
Trap the Soul and Prismatic Ray/Spray. I was doing 0 front numbers anytime a single Scorn was up.

While my HP suggests that I did suck it up at least once, you can avoid it.

His electric dragon phase spawns four blue circles. Each circle ‘pops’ twice for damage and then disappear. Immediately after, everyone has to tuck under the boss to prevent massive acid damage.

It’s likely the damage was meant to be electric considering he’s a blue dragon.
That's just a flesh wound...

Try eating a Greater Ruin from LoB on R10. (At some point, his ranged attacks were ninja upgraded to discourage fighting from the balcony.)

ripkey.png

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
One issue I had was the red light/green light mechanic's damage on the 1st boss could trigger if there was a dot on him. This made being in the Shiradi mantle, certain weapons, spells, etc. very dangerous. Conceptually the mechanic is cool, but if one has to worry about dots expiring before he goes red light then it becomes a bit of an annoyance.