Legendary chronoscope next raid confirmed

mbartol

Murder Hobo
I thought that it wasn’t possible to have both Epic and Legendary versions of the same quest. If so, the Legendary version would have to be a separate quest, even if it does use the same map and even possibly the same premise.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I thought that it wasn’t possible to have both Epic and Legendary versions of the same quest.
And you answered the solution yourself:
If so, the Legendary version would have to be a separate quest, even if it does use the same map and even possibly the same premise.
Or least that's what been said (was either Sev or Cordo) in the past for how they could do an epic and legendary at once; it would technically be a seperate quest.

droid327

Idk why people are complaining...the choice isn't new raid or old raid, because the work to create a new one dwarfs simply upgrading an old one. So the choice is probably upgrade old raid or upgrade old quest, or handful of QOL tweaks.

Also I don't see how it benefits anyone to have content thats rarely run simply because of its level.

I just hope they don't nuke the current chrono because it's a nice solo quest and a way to farm greater tokens for non ranged chars who can't do ZR easily

LrdSlvrhnd

I really hope if they do this they do it as a copy-paste into a new quest entirely, rather than kicking eChrono to the curb. Still not sure why they junked eLoB & eMA when they made those Legendary since they were already different quest-givers, but there's a difference between 6/20/34 (or whatever) and 19/22/32 so hopefully they don't do the same thing.)

seph1roth5

I can't imagine it being THAT much work to epic or legendary up something like ToD. Like when they updated the eyes of stone stuff. Just plugged all the items into an automatic number cruncher, spent weeks fixing them. Threw monsters into the same cruncher, came out with too much HP, spent weeks not doing anything to them.

Couldn't they do the same thing to ToD? Presumably with the POSSIBILITY of adding in a couple unique effects or new monsters?

Darksteel

Nah. Legendary-ifying a raid is pretty easy. The last three they did, in U45, took so little time that they launched simultaneously alongside the Catacombs rework and a full new class, and that was with actual changes to one of the raids.

Both remaining heroic-only raids - ToD and Forge/Titan - are in packs that need reworks themselves (badly, in Twilight Forge's case, although even Devil Battlefield could use an update on getting the Boots of Anchoring an easier way.) It makes sense for them to do one which can stand on its own. (This way they can fit this into the otherwise rather unexciting lineup of U62 changes, or maybe a small stopgap U63, rather than taking up a full content update just three updates after the Droaam rework.)
I think they are going to create a new one not just take the existing one and make it legendary. How do I know? Because Cordovan said it might release early next year. You dont take 3-4 months just to legendary-ifying a raid.

Bracelet

The raid is the most accessible in the game. It is in the market place and gated only by level. It will be one of the most popular raids in the game in no time. Recycled or not.

PaleFox

Are we at least going to do it in reverse then... Build up the market tent after it is destroyed... hahaha, that would be funny.
Not that scouting inside through all those misplaced vendors is fun.
But would like armor and weapon vendors to be placed in market place as no one is using those anymore.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I think they are going to create a new one not just take the existing one and make it legendary. How do I know? Because Cordovan said it might release early next year. You dont take 3-4 months just to legendary-ifying a raid.
That indicates that it's not a priority, not that they're making a new raid. If they were making a new raid, it wouldn't be "Legendary Chronoscope" - in all probability there'd be a new pack accompanying that. (And anyway, isn't that already kind of what Killing Time is?)

To be fair, DDO's roadmap is already pretty full for 2023 by now (Night Revels and U62 are slated next month, and there's already talk of an "extreme challenge pack" and possibly the Joy of Deving dungeon in December, plus the Frostpeaks Festival early next January), so I'm not too surprised that this one's on the back burner.

Personally, I suspect Legendary Chronoscope is going to arrive sometime around February 2024, along with an update of a older heroic-only adventure pack to include Legendary levels. (One or more of the "X of Madness" packs, maybe?)

It's unlikely/bordering on absurd, but it'd be interesting if Legendary Chronoscope was a stealth sequel to Killing Time. Kor-Kaza breaks free of stasis, time shenanigans start up again, and so on.

Idle fancy, just kind of bored a little by the thought of a "Chronoscope but the numbers are bigger" raid.

CBDunk

To be fair, DDO's roadmap is already pretty full for 2023 by now (Night Revels and U62 are slated next month, and there's already talk of an "extreme challenge pack" and possibly the Joy of Deving dungeon in December, plus the Frostpeaks Festival early next January), so I'm not too surprised that this one's on the back burner.

They've completed everything that was on the 2023 roadmap EXCEPT that this 'raid update to Legendary', now known to be Chronoscope, was targeted for 3rd Quarter (which ends... today) and the 4th quarter stuff; Night Revels, Adventure Pack, Hardcore season 9, and Festivult.

Night Revels is around the corner and the 'adventure pack' is presumably now this 'extreme challenge pack'. Festivult shouldn't take much effort to include, and season 9 of hardcore will be a reprise of season 3. Thus, it seems likely this will all go in this year or early next year.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
They've completed everything that was on the 2023 roadmap EXCEPT that this 'raid update to Legendary', now known to be Chronoscope, was targeted for 3rd Quarter (which ends... today) and the 4th quarter stuff; Night Revels, Adventure Pack, Hardcore season 9, and Festivult.

Night Revels is around the corner and the 'adventure pack' is presumably now this 'extreme challenge pack'. Festivult shouldn't take much effort to include, and season 9 of hardcore will be a reprise of season 3. Thus, it seems likely this will all go in this year or early next year.
That's still two updates worth of stuff, and it's awfully rare to get updates more than about twice in a three-month period...

nenetteblackmoor

We don't need raids where you can just tweak the parameters of low-level items and change the name to get the exact same item to drop with no visual difference.

They decided to give VoD the Legendary treatment and left poor Holy Avenger out in the cold!

saekee

long live ROGUE
Keep in mind that there are not a lot of profane item sets so this could be interesting; the tough part until now has been the steep cost in upgrading them (since a raid). I suppose nownthe gear will drop directly upgraded and could have mythic/reaper bonuses.