Legendary chronoscope next raid confirmed

Refutor

Keep in mind that there are not a lot of profane item sets so this could be interesting; the tough part until now has been the steep cost in upgrading them (since a raid). I suppose nownthe gear will drop directly upgraded and could have mythic/reaper bonuses.
more augment slots would be nice too :)

QuantumFX

I wonder if this will drop legendary GoMF. Might be a good alternative to wasting thousands of threads for your ideal double set.
I'm hoping it's a hybrid reward system. Where we get the Legendary items we already have, and a selection of Legendary specific items. Possibly along the lines of the loot from Killing Time. Like a caster versions of the Charged Gauntlets and Envenomed Cloak, and a melee versions of the Helm of Frost, Boots of Corrosion and Scorched Bracers

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Interesting if true -- last time I was in the PC I (innocently) asked if a 3-tier heroic/epic/legendary system were possible for individual quests (think I asked 3 years ago or something), and I think Severlin eventually responded in an Ask the Devs Q&A last year or so that they could do it by making a second (separate) Q of the same name and with similar content, in a manner similar to the Shroud/Legendary Shroud mechanic.

Step in the right direction I think !!

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
I thought that it wasn’t possible to have both Epic and Legendary versions of the same quest.
That is possible -- Q&A before the last one Severlin basically said that they wouldn't want to do it -- tyhough there would be engineering issues to resolve regarding epic xp versus legendary xp.

The tech issue is that the game does not support heroic + epic + legendary tiers in one single quest box.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Personally, I suspect Legendary Chronoscope is going to arrive sometime around February 2024, along with an update of a older heroic-only adventure pack to include Legendary levels. (One or more of the "X of Madness" packs, maybe?)
Chronoscope technically belongs to the same Adventure Pack as Devil Assault -- and it occurs to me that due to the peculiar structure of that Quest, they could replace the useless Reaper tier with a Legendary (or Epic) one ; as a proof-of-concept stepping stone for a new tier structure.

Last edited:

Lazuli

Well, I would have preferred TOD which is hardly played nowadays and is a good raid, but Chronoscope is not bad. I would like VON even more because it is more fun and varied, but it is a raid currently very popular, so it is ok.

Of course, when they did the stat revamp they left the barbazu with a stupidly large number of hps. I tremble to think what hps they will have in legendary lol.

I also join the requests to leave the epic chronoscope alone. The only change you need in epic chronoscope is a reduction in the barbaza's hp.

I have to admit that when Tolero talked about a raid revamp I was (briefly) excited to think that they could put runes in raids like heroic shroud (it's absurd that the essence of cleansing is still btc and after 20 runs!) or fix heroic abbot flag, and we might even get a viable loot and no flag for epic TOD that would put it on the epic leveling map. But that was too cute to be real :cry:

I like that they create more raids even if they are based on existing ones, but I really wish they would also take a little time to fix the existing ones. If devs had used the time of (un)fixing amber temple to make the flag for heroic abbot permanent and to be able to obtain the cleaning essence of the heroic shroud in bta form... ahhh, it would be much better spent time.

Vorph

I have to admit that when Tolero talked about a raid revamp I was (briefly) excited to think that they could put runes in raids like heroic shroud (it's absurd that the essence of cleansing is still btc and after 20 runs!) or fix heroic abbot flag, and we might even get a viable loot and no flag for epic TOD that would put it on the epic leveling map. But that was too cute to be real :cry:

I like that they create more raids even if they are based on existing ones, but I really wish they would also take a little time to fix the existing ones. If devs had used the time of (un)fixing amber temple to make the flag for heroic abbot permanent and to be able to obtain the cleaning essence of the heroic shroud in bta form... ahhh, it would be much better spent time.
Heroic Shroud doesn't even need runes to trade for the cleansing essence, all it needs is a recipe to trade 20 or whatever amount of large ingredients of any kind for it. That's a 20 minutes of devtime job and that just goes to show you just how little they care about heroic raiding.

erethizon1

As long as this does not remove epic Chronoscope I am fine with it. We are already down to just 3 raids that give Greater Tokens of the Twelve since they removed Epic LOB and MA when they made the legendary versions. We really don't need fewer sources of Greater Tokens of the Twelve, especially since they are now needed for all epic item upgrades.

Livmo

I wanted to confirm before posting it, but yes, we will be offering a Legendary version of Chronoscope in addition to the existing versions in Heroic and Epic difficulty. All three difficulties will be available.
Right on!

Rakehell

I wanted to confirm before posting it, but yes, we will be offering a Legendary version of Chronoscope in addition to the existing versions in Heroic and Epic difficulty. All three difficulties will be available.

Thats great to hear Cordo. Thanks for clarifying!

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
Still really confused why we didn't revamp Tower of Despair considering it only has the heroic version and we've begged for this raid to be legendary and the fact we can ALREADY get legendary versions of this raid gear.

The only upsides to this are we can now get mythic/reaper versions of this loot , maybe we get new versions of the loot or we get entirely new loot.

Here's hoping if we get a mythic reaper gem of many facets rerolling it doesn't drop the mythic and reaper bonuses.

Thor

Looking for a New Love
Hopefully they redo the gear that drops from here, because frankly it's not very good. This would be a good time to do an overhaul on the gear from here that is largely useless. Getting a reaper/mythic Gem fMFacets would be nice I guess. I have drastically "lowered my expectations" since I moved to Orien, that seems to help when SSG does non-wowing activities.

Rincewind

I really hope they lower the cost of rerolls of the gem of many facets... or allow for single rolls per set...

QuantumFX

I really hope they lower the cost of rerolls of the gem of many facets... or allow for single rolls per set...
I'd kind of like it if they made them socketed. So you could have a Star Facet (ex. Red Fens Sets) and a Crown Facet (ex. Might of the Abashai) and then buy unbound facets with pack ingredients or threads. It would be nice to have something else to sell on the ASAH for folks who aren't interested in the GoMF.

knightgf

Speaking of Chronoscope, I got two questions:

- Is it possible to upgrade my old heroic copies (Ones without augment slots) to the new copies or do I have to run The Chronoscope again for the new heroic bitems?
- Has any progress been made on reworking the Gem of Many Facets? If the cost to reroll the legendary gem was removed and if it was possible to reroll the heroic gem for free it would be worth spending the time and effort for the desired heroic/legendary combinations.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
- Is it possible to upgrade my old heroic copies (Ones without augment slots) to the new copies or do I have to run The Chronoscope again for the new heroic bitems?
Nope, you have farm new ones (you can upgrade your old ones to epic>legendary).
- Has any progress been made on reworking the Gem of Many Facets? If the cost to reroll the legendary gem was removed and if it was possible to reroll the heroic gem for free it would be worth spending the time and effort for the desired heroic/legendary combinations.
They've shot that down in the past; I don't see them changing their minds anytime soon. They seem to be okay with it being an RNG thread dump.