Legendary chronoscope next raid confirmed

Marshal_Lannes

Legendary Chronoscope could be amazing, if done right. Kor Kaza is one of the great antagonists in the DDO world. When last we left her, she was imprisoned in the Chronoscope presumably for all time and the Chronoscope itself was sealed. Having another antagonist, like the way Lady Vol tried to use the Abbott in Mark of Death, open the Chronoscope for some nefarious purpose and Kor Kaza being freed would be an amazing story. Now I would love to play that raid.

I'd be considerably less enthused reliving the story of Nat Gann with inflated stats doing the same rescue and Abishai optionals that have already existed in two forms. Aside from the fact that the Chronoscope is sealed and shouldn't even be able to be reentered with the old story effectively closed.

Vorph

Still really confused why we didn't revamp Tower of Despair considering it only has the heroic version and we've begged for this raid to be legendary and the fact we can ALREADY get legendary versions of this raid gear.
Because that would take actual work instead of the absolute bare minimum that is just raising the level to legendary while adding nothing to it, and for whatever reason we can't actually expect that from this crew.

Vox

I'd be considerably less enthused reliving the story of Nat Gann with inflated stats doing the same rescue and Abishai optionals that have already existed in two forms. Aside from the fact that the Chronoscope is sealed and shouldn't even be able to be reentered with the old story effectively closed.
Did you enjoy how legendary Drooam was different, instead of just scaled up CR's and slightly different loot?

Or ToEE, instead of just scaling up CR's and just splitting two quests into more?

Or LLoB/LMA/LVoD, instead of just scaling up CR's and slightly different loot?

Or Epic Catacombs & Delera's...

You get the idea.

erethizon1

Legendary Chronoscope could be amazing, if done right. Kor Kaza is one of the great antagonists in the DDO world. When last we left her, she was imprisoned in the Chronoscope presumably for all time and the Chronoscope itself was sealed. Having another antagonist, like the way Lady Vol tried to use the Abbott in Mark of Death, open the Chronoscope for some nefarious purpose and Kor Kaza being freed would be an amazing story. Now I would love to play that raid.

The raid you describe in the first paragraph would not be called Legendary Chronoscope. Such a raid would need a new name. Killing Time has a different name from Chronoscope because it is a different raid. Legendary Chronoscope should be a legendary version of the Nat Gann story.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Still really confused why we didn't revamp Tower of Despair considering it only has the heroic version and we've begged for this raid to be legendary and the fact we can ALREADY get legendary versions of this raid gear.

The only upsides to this are we can now get mythic/reaper versions of this loot , maybe we get new versions of the loot or we get entirely new loot.

Here's hoping if we get a mythic reaper gem of many facets rerolling it doesn't drop the mythic and reaper bonuses.
Heroic versions don't get mythic reaper so I'm not sure we will

Mesmerin

The only classic raid that should be made legendary is Tower of Despair

Hell yeah. Rings with craftable exceptional stat +3, belts/necks with updated two piece sets to fit around our 3 piece/5 piece sets. Though I'm thinking thats more likely when the level cap increases again.

LrdSlvrhnd

Honestly I don't want them to do LToD until we get to L40 level cap, I don't want it to fall by the wayside as soon as we hit another level increase.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I wanted to confirm before posting it, but yes, we will be offering a Legendary version of Chronoscope in addition to the existing versions in Heroic and Epic difficulty. All three difficulties will be available.
Why? Is it possible to elaborate on the concept? Because we got legendary gear already and to recycle it again ... 3 times the same thing without any changes but stats is the epitome of lame.
I mean, I might be wrong but based on the past experience it is totally possible that you change zero but stats.

Cheers,
Titus

axel15810

Probably budgetting reasons with staff hours. ToD will definitely take a lot more work to revamp because of its loot - and who knows how much work getting rid of the flagging is (which I'm assuming they'd do). I hope it's also because they want to revolve an entire update around Legendary Amrath. It would be tons of work to do new ring/belt sets. That's A LOT of items to revamp. Especially if they add additional ones for every new tree, universal tree, plus archetypes. I've suggested this a bunch but if they want to cut down on the work they could instead make the legendary ring/belt sets revolve around the epic destinies. I'd prefer it be based around the heroic trees though, which I'm guessing most players would prefer as well over EDs.

It's a no brainer for best choice for a raid to revamp though in terms of what players want.