Legendary TOD

Ying

5000+ hours played
I was disappointed when Legendary Chronoscope was chosen to revamp instead of Legendary Tower of Despair. But with the level cap increasing with the next expansion, it means LTOD raid loot will be higher minimum level and thus have more staying power in the future. So I'm good with that.

When LTOD gets revamped, it needs to be part of a larger Amrath adventure pack kinda like LShroud. I don't want to run Genesis Point, Sins, etc on Legendary. I want new Amrath style quests, like Creeping Death/Curse the Sky for LShroud. Not that I'm advocating for raid flaggers. Those need to die in a fire. Just a fan of the Amrath conflict and art style, like the Law and Order quest in Vecna.

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
My guess is SSG is terrified of creating new versions of the rings or them being best in slot for quite awhile or making sets tied to enhancements the less pessimistic side of me wonders if they are saving this for Level 34+ but given we were told we are only getting 1 raid this year and it is tied to the expansion I doubt it will happen any time soon.

My suggestion would be either to just make "new" loot OR tie the loot to Epic Moments, Mantles and Strikes or something else epic destiny related. At the end of the day I really hope this gets done while I enjoy the new Legendary Chronoscope Tower of Despair would of been much better in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kessaran

I was disappointed when Legendary Chronoscope was chosen to revamp instead of Legendary Tower of Despair. But with the level cap increasing with the next expansion, it means LTOD raid loot will be higher minimum level and thus have more staying power in the future. So I'm good with that.

When LTOD gets revamped, it needs to be part of a larger Amrath adventure pack kinda like LShroud. I don't want to run Genesis Point, Sins, etc on Legendary. I want new Amrath style quests, like Creeping Death/Curse the Sky for LShroud. Not that I'm advocating for raid flaggers. Those need to die in a fire. Just a fan of the Amrath conflict and art style, like the Law and Order quest in Vecna.
This is my first life actually doing the Amrath questline in the devil's battlefield. I'm very much enjoying them, even though they are a bit long for a past life farmer. They are great quests, nice balance of difficulty and enjoyment. No cheesy gimmicks and mechanics so far to make them feel obnoxious or boring. As nice as it would be to see them utilized in Legendary content (there's too much content for level 17-20 which makes these obsolete outside of flagging) I would still prefer them to address other things in the game besides content.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Epic TOD, then Legendary TOD, have been called for by players for YEARS.

I agree with Bowser that something is scaring the Devs off about it. It could be the rings themselves, or it could be the set bonuses.

Reactions: DBZ

axel15810

ToD is the clear next choice for a raid to be made legendary in terms of what players want.

I really would prefer brand new, multi phase raids though. With as much time as it would take them to make the raid legendary, remove flagging and do legendary ring/belt sets for every enhancement tree they could probably just do a new raid instead. I'd prefer a new raid if we have the choice. I mean what does DDO have now, 50+ heroic enhancement trees? We're talking 100+ pieces of gear if they also do the belts which I'd assume they'd have to. If they wanted to shortcut it, they could instead make them based on the EDs I guess.

I just want new raids though. The last true raid - AKA a rmulti phase, brand new raid was Skeletons in the Closet. Morgrave was just a boss fight but skipping doing any other phases. Chrono was a revamp. We only get a full new raid once every 2 years at this point...which really is disappointing.

Ying

5000+ hours played
It's pretty obvious to me that LTOD ring/belt sets would not be based off class enhancement trees. That was cute when it was originally done, but doesn't scale with game content since then nor the game content we expect to see (more archetypes). And when DDO adds another class (if not when), it'll be a feels bad moment when there's not a corresponding LTOD set. Same thing happened with the original TOD. The ring/belt set bonuses will more than likely be based off of epic destiny trees. Probably something straightforward like "for every core you have from Shadowdancer, gain <X>".

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
It's pretty obvious to me that LTOD ring/belt sets would not be based off class enhancement trees. That was cute when it was originally done, but doesn't scale with game content since then nor the game content we expect to see (more archetypes). And when DDO adds another class (if not when), it'll be a feels bad moment when there's not a corresponding LTOD set. Same thing happened with the original TOD. The ring/belt combos will more than likely be based off of epic destiny trees. Probably something straightforward like "for every core you have from Shadowdancer, gain <X>".
Yeah that is what I would think would happen the only other unique bit about ToD loot was that you could craft some amount of shroud effects on the rings and maybe they are scared of that, or can't code it work with the new scaling weapon effects or something along these lines.

Ying

5000+ hours played
I mean, the code to craft on TOD rings is still there and it works. I'd expect nothing more than copy pasta, and scale for legendary values.

Mickeymouse

I can totally understand why SSG don´t want to rush ToD Legendary.. this is the best of the best, even if I think shroud was the best.. but maybe they don´t want this one to just fizzle out and perhaps make it even better then it was....

also... Bowserkoopa: that sign you got, do Orien have Tank ratings and votings? lol

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
I can totally understand why SSG don´t want to rush ToD Legendary.. this is the best of the best, even if I think shroud was the best.. but maybe they don´t want this one to just fizzle out and perhaps make it even better then it was....

also... Bowserkoopa: that sign you got, do Orien have Tank ratings and votings? lol
The more fun answer: Sure we do Keybreaker is the head of the O.O.T.A contact him for details

The actual answer: This is part of a long running joke from my time on Ghallanda and my friends renaming me in discord to "Best Tank" and the absolutely insane amount of comments and whatnot I got every time we invited them to the discord and they saw my name.

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
I mean, the code to craft on TOD rings is still there and it works. I'd expect nothing more than copy pasta, and scale for legendary values.
I don't doubt that a lot of the put the effects on the ring code is still there, it's the have those effects apply to handwraps bit that I wonder if it still works given the amount of changes done to handwraps. Sure they could skip that part or change it. I'm just guessing at how we could still not have Legendary ToD when it has been made clear time and time again that the player base wants this more than any other raid being "revamped" other than some less than "nice" reasons that one could use.

Col Kurtz

anyone ever post a clear view of what levers to hit in that one TOD flagging quest w the maze? tired of wasting time trying to figure that one solo...and its so rare to get a group for it at this point in the games life

the wiki 'tells' us but its really not clear since there's levers on multiple walls... a screenshot of each lever room with the levers marked would be fantastic;)

Meat-Head

True Story: I attended Pax East and sat in on the SSG/DDO panel session. I specifically brought LToD up. The response I got gave the impression they weren't too motivated to do it. I hope other devs feel differently.

ToD is one of my favs.

Agree 100% with Ying. Don't make the old flaggers legendary. Just make a couple of new quests like L.Shroud. That was a good move.
Also agree that I was sad when I heard it was Chrono.

If you were to adjust the loot to today, it would be a bunch of 2-piece sets with a semi-unique bonuses--with one piece being a ring.

Anyway, MAYBE my questioning them on the panel encouraged them to take this poll--since it was like a week ago. You're all welcome. :)

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
I can see why they aren't motivated to do LTOD after Legendary Chronoscope flopped. Lesson learned: Players don't like tedious gameplay. Having to stop attacks against Bloodplate when fire shield is up? Artificially increases the time to kill the boss, which just wastes players time. Razorarm just sucks for melee -- teleports too frequently then perches in areas that are a PITA to get to, and those wisp circles are just ass. The new end fight mechanics are ok I guess, except for the one where the raid just dies.

Make a raid that makes me want to waste my time, rather than making a raid that forces me to waste my time.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I can see why they aren't motivated to do LTOD after Legendary Chronoscope flopped. Lesson learned: Players don't like tedious gameplay. Having to stop attacks against Bloodplate when fire shield is up? Artificially increases the time to kill the boss, which just wastes players time. Razorarm just sucks for melee -- teleports too frequently then perches in areas that are a PITA to get to, and those wisp circles are just ass. The new end fight mechanics are ok I guess, except for the one where the raid just dies.

Make a raid that makes me want to waste my time, rather than making a raid that forces me to waste my time.
I've run Leg. Chrono about a half-dozen times. A couple times on lam before it went live. Once on r7 followed by r10 the next night when pushed and once for a shortman push a week or two later. Haven't touched it since then and really feel no desire to. Have done Epic Chrono a bunch of times since Leg. came out; it's still fast and gets me the loot I want.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Yeah loot is part of the problem with Leg Chrono. The most impactful items from it are the heroic rings with quality spellpower -- for leveling. No one is using Legendary Abishai set because it doesn't mesh well with other options like 5pc Forbidden Knowledge or 3pc Lost Purpose/Dread set. The raid is way too long, and you only get one chest with Legendary loot. Like you I've run Epic Chrono a bunch of times, and maybe 5 times on Leg Chrono. No one wants to run it, and I don't blame them. The Legendary version just isn't fun and it's a slog = RIP.