Level 1 Gear - Best Set?

Br4d

Most vets do not worry about L1 gear. The gear set that matters is level 5 or so as you hit Three Barrel Cove.

The one piece I would go find is a good weapon to carry you from 1 to 4. The weapon has a much higher impact because you want to be killing stuff in 2 or 3 swings tops.

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
When you have epic toons you can easily solo Chronoscope on heroic, the set bonus when combined with feywild gear at lvl 5 is very nice and you can coast on that 'til lvl 10 or so, also the abashai gear ( rings necklaces and belts) are very good indeed, the +1 Ki neckie is the lowest level for such items. I know that's not level 1 but level 1 - 5 goes by pretty damn quick so...

Regarding Saltmarsh: i think it's fair to say that the greatest utility of heroic Sm is upgrading the gear to level 20, getting you a very soft start on the epics.

ProllyDidItWrong

I roll with whatever drops in Korthos/Keep until I hit level 4 and switch to CC gear just in time to be fully geared for Reaper.
Most important to me is to get 3 or 4 anger boots in Korthos so I can run fast until I can slot something else with 30% striding, and of course the ghost touch weapon in Keep - after that I just change into my CC gear at 4, 8, 12, 16. then Keep gear through my 20's and then legendary Slaver gear to cap... then Rinse and repeat. I farm for better gear every life but I keep pulling the same ol' crap over and over again including SM gear - meh
However I do wear the SM ring for most of heroics.

Buddha5440

Dual augment weapon with good or force and bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing enchantments. +4d6 extra damage.

Also Blindness immunity of true-seeing goggles with master's gift slotted.

Xgya

I have a slew of level 1 Vorpal weapons, especially glad I have a repeater because I just love Artis too much.
That's my level 1-10 weapon, usually.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
The Nicked Light Repeater is rather great for a 2nd level piece of gear. There are a couple of really good items in the special events that are around 4th. level as well.

I have a mithral scale suit that I fashioned up with invulnerable and fearful for my low level schlubs. Since I play a lot of characters with repeaters, I also craft up a couple with unnatural bane & light/force/sonic + a red augment slot with a ruby of shock (+ all items are bound and attuned).