List of content with instakill mechanics or notable ways to easily die

eshadowbringer

Yes, that's right, what's up with that crazy bolt trap? It feels brutal and I usually forgot from season to season, lol
It was the sunburst looking thingy that got me! I was being careful, as always, clearing as i go. zigged when i shoulda zagged i guess.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
I was curious so went into House K just now and was not able to find a way to fall into the chasm. Invisible walls everywhere.

Can also confirm that the chasm in house k is safe. They added walls a number of years back, but recently checking the fences... no chance.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
The airship amenity, Danger Room, is quite often very deadly. Especially to lower level comrades.
I remember the first time I put the danger room up and just walked in. . .splat. . .didn't know what happened. I've taken to warning all guildies about it since.

Blametroi

Didn't see these above.

Isle of Dread heroic Barney (aka Stonejaw) will kill you if he aggros on you. He does not reset. Do not go anywhere near him.

TOEE part 1 ballista will kill you on heroic.

Wildtype

Its pretty redundant, but falling in Asteroids in Ascension chamber also instakills.
Temple of Deathwyrm: also an instakill is moving under Red-Light in Red-Light/Green-Light room

hanul

Remember blockade buster and who you play it with. Just died while in the leaderboards because a certain character.... decided to take a shortcut to scape while setting timer at 15 seconds. I told the character to explain to us how we were supposed to scape if he set the timer at 15 seconds, instead he put the timer at 15 seconds while telling us nothing. I had my cursor over the spell word of recall, saw that "person" dying then I got loading screen. That "person" and me along with another party member died.
Last seasons also read some accusations in regard to a certain player setting timer at 15 seconds too and killing other players.

Aaabbbcccddd

Remember blockade buster and who you play it with. Just died while in the leaderboards because a certain character.... decided to take a shortcut to scape while setting timer at 15 seconds. I told the character to explain to us how we were supposed to scape if he set the timer at 15 seconds, instead he put the timer at 15 seconds while telling us nothing. I had my cursor over the spell word of recall, saw that "person" dying then I got loading screen. That "person" and me along with another party member died.
Last seasons also read some accusations in regard to a certain player setting timer at 15 seconds too and killing other players.
You can see the timer in your buff bar, with word of recall there should be no reason to die in that quest. Also don't play that quest with random people you don't trust.

Dman1970

Question. Can you even do the alternate ending for Skeletons in the Closet on the HC server where you have to die to walk the path of the dead? That quest sounds EXTREMELY easy to die while trying already, but having a mechanic that REQUIRES you to die for the extra rare loot seems to exclude anyone ever getting it on the HC server.

vryxnr

Question. Can you even do the alternate ending for Skeletons in the Closet on the HC server where you have to die to walk the path of the dead? That quest sounds EXTREMELY easy to die while trying already, but having a mechanic that REQUIRES you to die for the extra rare loot seems to exclude anyone ever getting it on the HC server.
No. That is still a death, and you will be teleported to purgatory just like with any other death. Just like how heroic shroud's story death is a death and ends your run, so too is this optional requiring a death.

The only way to do this on hardcore is if Season 3 gets a redux (most likely this winter if the trend holds), as S3 let you earn extra lives.

axel15810

Nope, can't do it on hardcore. And you can't do the last phase of heroic shroud either for the same reason. Maybe you could in the one extra lives season they did that is mentioned above, but I didn't play that season so I don't know exactly how the extra lives mechanic worked.

Dman1970

No. That is still a death, and you will be teleported to purgatory just like with any other death. Just like how heroic shroud's story death is a death and ends your run, so too is this optional requiring a death.

The only way to do this on hardcore is if Season 3 gets a redux (most likely this winter if the trend holds), as S3 let you earn extra lives.
Earning extra lives would be helpful, but deliberately putting in a mechanic that completely excludes certain quests and the special gear from them on the HC server is just poor planning. If a death is REQUIRED to do part of a quest/raid, there HAS to be some way to not perma die for those quests to be able to be finished. Devs not thinking things through it seems, but that seems to happen in all games.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

I remember the first time I put the danger room up and just walked in. . .splat. . .didn't know what happened. I've taken to warning all guildies about it since.
They should allow you to post a big sign to warn people about the danger room...it's your guild ship, you should be allowed to put up a big warning sign at the entrance, or a (lock-able) door

Col Kurtz

same w stormreaver fresco... player took out 2/3 the party cause we were to close to the door and he pulled a trapped thingy, that he 'thought' he disarmed

+belly of Beast on Reaper seems like a bad idea in hardcore.. other day it was utterly brutal to complete that section on r4- though party rallied and we had fun/since it was not hardcore