Mary's Damage Lord Build

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

i see many problems with this build, as it is called a "damage lord"
  • first off, drow is a terrible race no matter what. any other cha race would be better if u just want cha (and aasimar, SDK, razorclaw, and horc would do way more damage with some racial points)
  • I am confused about this build. is this an endgame build or is this a hardcore leveling build? seems fine for hardcore, but cap seems not so good
  • you take the tactics feats, but no improved sunder? improved sunder is very good
  • you call it a "dps" build and take t5 shadowdancer. t5 shadowdancer is terrible (mantle is alright for surviving low reaper)
  • you take 1 rank of voice of fury, which is useless without 3rd rank for the heal
  • you take sap. why not take improved trip instead? better for heriocs by far
  • t5 dread is 10x better than SD, and I don't even see dread at all which is confusing as its the tactics/action boost tree
  • scion of astral plane? you arent centered, are you? if you are, why? you arent any monk or grandmaster of flowers
  • you take elusive target. why? its a tank feat, not a dps feat. legendary toughness is probably better as it reduces all damage by giving extra hp
  • you take stalwart defender instead of vkf on a dps because ?????????? VKF is an amazing tree for dps. stalwart is a "pull aggro off tank and kill whole party" tree
  • you take greater color spray. on a melee. that is a fighter. that is a serious problem
  • small nit pick, but weapon focus/speacialization are not needed on dragonlord. improved trip, improved sunder (and their pre reqs), or precision
  • this is a dps build that isn't raging without precision? good luck hitting mobs at cap
  • shortswords are not good at cap. i get the build is for easy weapons (and shadowblades), but daggers or kukris with VKF will be a million times better for "dps"
I probably missed something, but hopefully you can shed some light on my confusions

Reactions: DBZ

Scrag

Interesting. But don't all fighters including DL get Second Wind automatically? or am I misreading how they get sec wind...?

Also, your moves on Epic Destinies? Going all in Leg Dreadnought and sentinel?
This is the third time I have played, and the first time I some how missed it in my feat list.

Never mind, I am happy with sustain!

38 in dreadnought, 23 in crusader, 4 in gmof. Crusader saves me a feat and gets me improved sunder, gmof gets me 6 stun.

I am loathe to take improved sunder as a feat, as I get some nifty things from the cap in crusader. Goal is crowd control + tankiness. If I went all in on sentinel, I would have to pick up improved sunder. Unsure if I want to swing that.

glass_jaws

I am. Took improved shield mastery, taking perfect and specialty shield mastery, tactics, heavy armor mastery, and thf -> greater + perfect. Right now I am super tanky.

Downside? I don't have that awesome self heal that fighters get. I need a healbot or something. I am sturdy enough to be completely overwhelmed by enemies and fight my way through with pathetic damage. I have high confidence in this long term.

I am heavy in stalwart and 41 in dlord, with a smattering in pdk.
Did you multiclass or something? Dragonlords get second wind just like fighters, so not sure what you would be missing?

Scrag

Did you multiclass or something? Dragonlords get second wind just like fighters, so not sure what you would be missing?
Yeah I just didnt see it in the feat list. I looked a few times, and just didn't see it. :/

Pure 20 dlord.

Elminster

From a cursory glance of the tree. I honestly think just sticking with 20 DL is best overall balance between survivability and damage.

Whoever made this class was hellbent on designing a perfect melee archetype woth solid DPS, solid heals/survivability, and boatloads of tactics and even solid group buffs.

It's such a complete class that I loathe going multi-class on it. It's just soooooo good from the get-go.

Discalimer: It's almost certainly going to get nerfed. I have no ifea why SSG has this policy of giving somehing nice and taking it away later, it's such a bad way to manage player interest vs. game balance. But I guess it is what it is.

Refutor

Fury of the Wild 22 (Quick Cuts is our epic strike that allows us on a SWF to do a whirlwind 360 attack /6 seconds)
Core1 Die Hard
Tier1 Strength or Swiftness: Quick Cutter - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Savage Take Down - 3 Ranks
Core2 Die Harder
Tier2 Primal Scream
Core3 Die Harderest
Tier3 Embrace the Pain - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Fury Selector: Spirit of the Beast - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Wild Weapons: Doublestrike - 3 Ranks
Tier4 The Voice of Fury
if you are that far in fury, why not take unquenchable rage?