Monk archetype idea

nym_craian

I'm curious about your opinions.

(I already posted it once on the old forum, but just a few hours before it was shut down.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Weapon Dancer (Weapon Master, Soul Blade, Kensei,...) - Monk archetype​

Enhancement tree: Weapon Dancer, Henshin Mystic, Kensei <Lose: Shintao, Ninja Spy>

Proficient: Simple and Martial weapons <Lose: Handswarp, Kama, Shuriken>

Feats:
Fighter bonus feat on level 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 (can chosoe feats as equal level fighter, e.g. greater weapon focus in level 8)
<Lose: Unarmed Stike feat on level 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 and, Ki Strike: Magic/Lawful/Adamantine>
Note: Weapon Dancer is a weapon focused monk without unarmed fight.

Styles

Based on the characteristics of the weapons, I have classified melee weapons into 4 different styles (and an encore style for ranged weapons).

Although there are weapons that could be used in several styles, I only added each weapon to 1 group. In this way, the automatic style change can be solved - just like with fighting styles.

Locust (close combat):

It is really effective in close range, with short, light weapons. The fighting style is characterized by fast and multiple attacks and nimble sideslips. It requires constant movement, its masters almost dance in battle. He always moves more than his opponent who follows a different fighting style. Only in this way can he neutralize the disadvantage caused by longer weapons and assert his own advantages.
Weapons: Dagger, Handaxe, Kukri, Light hammer/mace/pick, Sickle, (*Kama, *Handwraps)
Useable with Single weapon fight or Two weapon fight (if all 2 weapon are style weapon).

Serpent (sword play):

Instead of brute force, sword play is made of technique and knowledge. It is characterized by careful distance, tricks, precisely timed attacks and parries. It is primarily based on mental agility, but it also requires arm and leg work.
Weapons: Long/Short sword, Rapier, Scimitar, (*Bastard sword, *Khopeshes)
Useable with Single weapon fight or Two weapon fight (if mainhand weapon is style weapon).

Buffalo (destruction/rampage):

Combat style of heavy weapons. It is characterized by heavy blows and breakthrough attacks. Defense is secondary, follows the principle: If I have kill my opponent, he can no longer attack. Compared to the other styles, the tactic here is simple: "I enter, strike down, step back".
Weapons: Club, Battle axe, Heavy mace/pick, Morningstar, War hammer, (*Dwarven war axe)
Useable with Single weapon fight or Two weapon fight (if mainhand weapon is style weapon).

Tiger (spear fencing):

The fighting style of large, long, handled weapons. The fighting style is based on the length of the weapon, it tries to keep the opponent so far away that he cannot use his weapon. Taking advantage of the length of the weapon, he tries to assert his techniques against several opponents at the same time.
(It's basically the combat style of spears and other polearms, but since they don't exist in DDO I use them for two-handers because of their size.)
Weapons: Falchion, Great axe/club/sword, Maul, Quarterstaff
Useable with Two handed weapon fight.

Eagle:

It's a non choosable style. This style focused the ranged weapon, available from Tier 5 with kensei focus.
Weapons: Weapons: Long/Shortbow, Heavy/Light Crossbow, Dart, Throwing axe/dagger/hammer, (*Shuriken, *Great Crossbow, *Heavy/Light Repeating Crossbow)

(*Required learn the exotic weapon proficiency.)

Core

Core 1 - Style (Passive)
Choose your style: Locust, Serpent, Buffalo or Tiger.
You can use Style weapons as a Soul Blade and as Ki weapons.
Style and Dance bonuses effect only with Soul Blade, if you are centered.
Note: The style does not need to be switched on, it turns on automatically if you use the right weapon and you are centered.
Note: All Style bonuses are Psionic bonuses (stack with other bonus type).

Each Core Enhancement grants you the following passive abilities: +3 Melee power and +5 HP and +1 imbue dice.
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 0 / Requires: Monk level 1

Core 2 - Dance (Active)
Cost: 20 ki (only in a style)
Target: Self
Duration: 18+ Concentration skill * 2seconds
While you dance gains +1 to all ability, +5 Melee power and your style traning bonuses doubled. Passive ki regeneration decreases to 0.
If the end becomes fatigued for 60 second.
Additional grant +0,5[W] to War Techniques and Master Cut for dance duration.
Passive: Each Core Enhancement include this one grants 1 use per rest.
Note: All Dance bonuses are Psionicbonuses (stack with other bonus type).
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5/ Requires: Style, Monk level 3

Core 3 - Personified Weapon (Passive)
While you are in Style you gain +1 Ki per hit. This stacks with all other sources of Ki generation.
Active Soul Weapon imbue with ki your Soul Blades (can't lose durability).
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10/ Requires: Dance, Monk level 6

Core 4 - Improved Dance (Passive)
Improved dance: +2 to all ability, +10 Melee power and your style traning bonuses tripled.
War Techniques and Master Cut dance damage bonus increase to +1[W].
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Personified Weapon, Monk level 12

Core 5 - Dancing Soul (Passive)
You are immune to fatigue and your Base Attack Bonus equal with your character level.
Meditation use regenerate 1 dance.
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30/ Requires: Improved Dance, Monk level 18

Core 6 - Ancient Soul (Passive)
+2 to all ability
+12 to Melee Power (sum 30), +20 to HP(sum 50),
While dancing:
  • you get Death Ward <https://ddowiki.com/page/Death_Ward>spell effect,
  • increase War Techniques and Master Cut dance bonus to +1,5[W],
  • to your Soul Blades gain +1 untyped bonus to Critical Range, Multiplier & Vorpal range.
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 40 / Requires: Dancing Soul, Monk level 20

Tier 1

War Techniue I. (Active) (only centered)
Select one of the four technique
Cost: 5 ki
Cooldown: 10 second (shared)
You strike enemy with a ki focused attack. This attack grant +0,5[W] & if you hitting, you gain following morale bonus for 30 second:
  • Power strike: increase your melee power with 5.
  • Fast strike: increase your attack speed with 5%.
  • Deadly strike: increase your critical range with 1.
  • Precision strike: increase your attack with 5%.
Note: Sum while Dancing: Core 2 +1[W], Core 4 +1,5[W], Core 6: +2[W]
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 1 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Soul Weapon (Toggle)
Imbue: While you in a style grant +0,25[W] per imbue dice to Soul Blades.
Note: sum 6 imbue dice from tree grant +1,5[W] to soul weapons, the max is 11 imbue +2,75[W] with HeM core imbues.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 1 / Requires: a Style

Soldier (Passive)
+[50/100/150]% bonus to threat generation with melee weapons. Dance doubled this bonus (+100/200/300%).
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 3/ Progression: 1 / Requires: none

-empty-

War Training
(Passive)
+[1/2/3] Jump, Balance and Intimidate
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 3/ Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Tier 2

War Technique II. (Active)
Select one of the four techniques.
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5/ Requires: War Technique I

Style Training I. (Passive)
While you in style:
  • Locust: Increase movement speed 10{20/30}%.
  • Serpent: Increase fortification bypasswith 10{20/30}%.
  • Buffalo: +1{2/3} confirm critical hits and critical hit damage (before weapon multipliers).
  • Tiger: Increase strike thourong chance with 50{100/150}%
  • Eagle: Your Point Blank Shot and Ranged Sneak Attack range is increased by 10{20/30} meters.
Note X { Y / Z } where X = by default { Y = with Core 2 dance / Z = with Core 4 dance }
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 2/ Requires: a Style

Elemental Ki Strikes (Active)
Cost: 5 ki
Cooldown: 3 second
Select one of four attacks that have secondary aftereffects.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5/ Requires: none

Style Attribute I. (Passive)
While you in style:
  • Locust: you can use your Dexterity modifier to hit.
  • Serpent: you can use your Wisdom modifier to hit.
  • Buffalo: gives 1,5x strength modifier damage scaling.
  • Tiger: you can use your Constitution modifier to hit.
  • Eagle: Your ranged attacks use the higher of Melee Power or Ranged Power.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5/ Requires: a Style

Trained (Passive 1-3 AP)
+[1/2/3] Concentration and Attack.
Rank 3: Your Vorpal hits grant 2 imbune dice for 10 second while dancing.
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 3/ Progression: 5/ Requires: Dance

Tier 3

War Technique III. (Active)
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: War Technique II

Style Training II. (Passive)
While you in style:
  • Locust: You gain 3{6/9}% dodge and dodge cap.
  • Serpent: You gain 5{10/15}% melee/ranged attack parrying chance. Note Parrying: A successful parry neutralizes the damage.
  • Buffalo: You gain 3{6/9}% damage absorp (except untyped/bane).
  • Tiger: Your hits have 5{10/15}% chance to block enemies movement for 1{2/3} second and break enemies action.
  • Eagle: Increase ranged attack speed 5{10/15}%
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Style Traning I

Deep Breath (Passive)
Increase dance duration with [25/50/50]%.
Rank 3: While you dance, your Vorpal hits have monk level % chance to restart the dance timer.
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 3/ Progression: 10 / Requires: Dance

Style Attribute II. (Passive)
While you in style:
  • Locust: you can use your Dexterity modifier for damage.
  • Serpent: you can use your Wisdom modifier for damage.
  • Buffalo: gives 2x strength modifier damage scaling.
  • Tiger: you can use your Constitution modifierfor damage.
  • Eagle: gives 1,5x ability modifier for damage.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Style Attribute I

Attribute I (Passive)
+1 to [any]
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: none

Tier 4

War Technique IV. (Active 1 AP)
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20/ Requires: War Technique III

Style Training III. (Passive)
While you in style:
  • Locust: Increase melee attack speed 5{10/15}%.
  • Serpent: Ripost once per 6{4/2} second.
Note Ripost: You automatically strike back to your attacker after parrying. This is real weapon attack with an attack roll and the characteristics of the used weapon. It has a chance to miss or hit (include critical or vorpal).
  • Buffalo: Increase critical multipler with 1{2/3}.
  • Tiger: Increase melee rage with 33{66/99}%.
  • Eagle: Your every attack have 10{20/30}% chance to halve the enemy's movement speed.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20/ Requires: Style Traning II

Mantle of the Dragon (Passive 1-3 AP)
You gain Aura of Fear for dance duration.
  1. Rank: Nearby enemies receive a -2 penalty to Strength and Charisma.
  2. Rank: Nearby enemies receive a -2 penalty to Strength, Charisma, Dexterity and Wisdom.
  3. Rank: Nearby enemies receive a -2 penalty to all ability scores.
Equal with Ravager's Aura & don’t stack with it.
AP Cost: 1/ Ranks: 3/ Progression: 20/ Requires: Dance

-empty-

Attribute II
(Passive)
Requires: Attribute I
+1 to [any]
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20/ Requires: Attribute I

Tier 5

Battle Master (Passive)
Add following critical hit effect (no save)to War Technique:
  • Power strike: -10% AC, -25% Fortification for 12 seconds, stack 3 times.
  • Fast strike: -10% Movement & -5% attack speed for 12 seconds, stack 3 times.
  • Deadly strike: Stun 2 second & 1 stack bleed for 12 seconds, stack 3 times.
  • Precision strike: Trip for 12 seconds.
Critical hits from Master Cut have random effects from the above.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30/ Requires: War Technique IV

Master Cut (Active)
Cost: 30 ki, Cooldown: 25 sec
  • Locust - Swarming Locusts(???AoE or rapid) +[0,5/1,5/2,5][W] damage
  • Serpent - Snake Bites (single, rapid): You launch a complex combo of three attacks against one opponent. 1. attack +0,5[W], 2. attack +5 to hit & +1,5[W] and 3. attack +10 to hit & +2,5[W]. All successful hit grant 3% parrying chance (stack up to 3 times, decay rate 1 per 5 seconds).
  • Buffalo - Trampling Buffalo (AoE, self centered): You slam to the ground, deal +[0,5/1,5/2,5][W] damage to all nearby enemies and get tripped (fortitude negate, DC 10+half monk level+Strength+Trip bonus).
  • Tiger - Leaping Tiger(rush, AoE line): Rush forward up to 30 meter to your selected opponent and deal +[0,5/1,5/2,5][W] damage to the target and all enemies in your path. You rush across enemies in your path and they can't block your movement.
  • Eagle - Swooping Eagle(AoE, cone): You make a series of shots/throws in a 60-degree cone up to Point Blank Shot range and deal +[0.5/1.5/2.5]W damage to all enemies in the area.
Note: While dancing: Core 2 +0,5[W], Core 4 +1[W], Core 6 +1,5[W].
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Style Traning III

Widening Horizon (Passive)
The Weapon Dancer extends his knowledge to other well-known weapons.
Your Soul Blade is Kensei focus weapons for you (Kensei focus bonus add to style weapon). Kensei Focused weapon is Soul Blade for you (the new Soul Blades open another styles for you).
Note: If Kensei Focus group is ranged weapon, bow use open the Eagle style.
For example:

• You are a Serpent (swords) and focused Archery in Kensei tree. You have double style Serpent and Eagle. You automatically switch between styles when you change weapons. (sword+bow ~samurai)
  • You are a Tiger (2h) and focused Light Bladein Kensei tree. You have 3+1 style. You automatically switch between styles when you change weapons. (2h - Tiger, Rapier & Shortsword - Serpent, Daggers & Kukri - Locust, Throwing Dagger - Eagle)
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30/ Requires: none

Granit Skin (Passive)
Gain BAB*1 bonus to PRR, if you are centered.
Note: As if you were using light armor. It's +20 PRR on level 20 and +30 PRR on level 30.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: none

Crystal Skin (Passive)
Requires: Granit Skin rank 1
Gain equal bonus to MRR & increase MRR cap to 100.
Note: It's +20 MRR on level 20 and +30 MRR on level 30.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Granit Skin

Onyxia2016

I personally think the Sacred Fist should have been the monk archetype and paladin should have gone more the way of the cleric dark apostate.
A paladin using handwraps just seems alien to me.

nym_craian

You are right, in tabletop DnD it is a monk (with a litle divine traits) version, but in the game it was already introduced as a paladin (with monk and cleric traits). Although I play with monk/sacred fist combo in the game.

That's why I thought I'd design a weapon-wielding monk instead of a unarmed monk.

TeamScorpioRI

I like this! Hopefully it gives the devs some ideas.

My thought for a new monk archetype was some form of "mystic monk". Building on the casting abilities of the sacred fist (bolt, wave, blast) we would get something like a warlock that can cast a variety of spells (but use KI instead of SP). We would see the bolt/wave/blast from sacred fist, but instead of always being force, we would have force + an element based on your monk stance. So Fire = Fire, Water = Cold, Earth = Acid, Air = Electric... They would also be able to extend monk buffs through enhancements, and maybe add a few more. This is just an idea I was throwing around with some guidies one night, but it could be fun (and offer a different playstyle to the monk besides melee).

Svirfneblin

Paladin archetype should’ve been undead death night come on now. monk should’ve been your sacred fist.

how about a new monk archetype with a revamp of and fix the dang ninja spy tree

Svirfneblin

NS good as it, just stop see it as melee tree. ;)
I disagree the tree for ninja doesn’t have anything really special and what is in it is not very powerful cost too many AP cost too many ki and it’s just way way out of date plus there’s a lot of things that are broken it could be a really cool tree has some nice theme to it but it simply just needs work there’s some old threads on the old forum that go over this if you need specifics

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Jester, monk arch type with locked stats at 6 points, wisdom at 8 points, 0 point built.
Only skill point is tumble, the rest unable to acquire.
No feats on level progression, only get like epic level style auto progression.
Has large aoe centered on self that cause mobs to be confused, no save (Too much *** for mobs). 😏

nym_craian

Hi!

My thought for a new monk archetype was some form of "mystic monk". Building on the casting abilities of the sacred fist (bolt, wave, blast) we would get something like a warlock that can cast a variety of spells (but use KI instead of SP). We would see the bolt/wave/blast from sacred fist, but instead of always being force, we would have force + an element based on your monk stance. So Fire = Fire, Water = Cold, Earth = Acid, Air = Electric... They would also be able to extend monk buffs through enhancements, and maybe add a few more. This is just an idea I was throwing around with some guidies one night, but it could be fun (and offer a different playstyle to the monk besides melee).

I also had the idea, but practically it turned out to be a HeM tree rewrite (about 60-70% identical):
  • The 'Elemental Word' (toggle) determines the bonus damage of Ki attacks, possibly with a negative/positive option,
  • Ki "spells" instead of staff bonuses,
  • scroll and wand use as Ki weapons (with Dilettante-type use),
  • can learn 1-2 "meta magic" ability in tree or core

nym_craian

I found my old idea, but the spells are still missing. (I updated it a little bit.)

Acid: <word> Porous Soul <stance> Mountain
Cold: <word> Winter's Touch <stance> Ocean
Electric: <word> Static Charge <stance> Wind
Fire: <word> All-Consuming Flame <stance> Sun

all Ki SLA DC: DC 10 + monk level + Wisdom modifier + Stunning Bonuses

---------------------------------------------

Core

Mystic:
Choose your path:
  • Arcane: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level one wizard
  • Divine: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level one cleric
Each Core Enhancement in the Henshin Mystic tree, including this one, grants you the following passive abilities:
+3 Melee Power
+2 <stance> Resistance
+3 MRR and MRR cap
+1 Imbue Dice
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 0 Requires: Monk Level 1

Ki Bolt
Ki SLA: Ki Bolt
You fire a ki blast that deals 1d6 <word> and 1d4 force damage per caster level to an opponent. This damage scales with 300% Melee Power. This ability has double normal spell range.
  • Arcane: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 3rd wizard
  • Divine: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 3rd cleric
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 Requires: Monk Level 3, Mystic

Knowledge:
You are centered while wielding or use scroll and wand.
  • Arcane: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 6th wizard
  • Divine: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 6th cleric
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 Requires: Monk Level 6, Ki Bolt

Ki SLA: Ki Wave
Creates an incinerating wave of ki . This effect does 1d6+3 <word> and force damage per caster level. This damage scales with 200% Melee Power.
  • Arcane: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 9th wizard
  • Divine: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 9th cleric
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Monk Level 12, Knowledge

Ki SLA: Ki Ring
You expend 30 ki to will Ki into the world around you. Enemies around you take 2d6 <word> damage every 2 seconds, increasing by an additional 2d6 damage every 2 seconds that you remain standing in the ring. This damage scales with 200% Melee Power. If you leave the area of the Ki, this effect ends. A successful reflex save (DC 10 + monk level, + Wisdom modifier + Stunning Bonuses) reduces damage by half. While you are inside your Ki Ring, you gain +20 PRR, +10 MRR, and +15% Dodge that ignores Dodge Cap.
  • Arcane: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 13th wizard
  • Divine: Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level 13th cleric
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 30 Requires: Monk Level 18, Ki Wave

Serenity
Your understanding of things has evolved to a level that defies description.
Passive:
+4 Wisdom
+10 Concentration
+1 Passive Ki Generation
+15 Melee Power
Ki SLA 6th Cleric/Wizard level spell. This damage scales with 300% Melee Power. Cost 30 Ki Cooldown 30 seconds
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 40 Requires: Monk Level 20, Ki Ring

---------------------------------------------------

Tier One

Elemental Words
Select one of elemental damage taken by your opponent:
(Activation Cost: 10 Ki. Cooldown: toggle)
  • All-Consuming Flame: Ki attack inflict bonus fire damage.
  • Porous Soul: Ki attack inflict bonus acid damage.
  • Winter's Touch: Ki attack inflict bonus cold damage.
  • Static Charge: Ki attack inflict bonus electrict damage.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 1 No requirements

Mystical Secret I
Ki SLA 1st level Cleric/Wizard spell. This damage scales with 300% Melee Power.
Cost 5 Ki Cooldown 6 seconds
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 1 No requirements

Mystic Training
+1/+2/+3 to the DC's of your monk Finishing Moves and Ki SLA.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 1 No requirements

Negotiator
+1/+2/+3 Bluff, Diplomacy, and Haggle. Rank 3: The cooldown for your Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate are reduced by 10%.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 1 No requirements

Animal Forms
You emulate a creature of nature in your training.
  • Way of the Clever Monkey: Like a monkey, no trap in the world can catch you. You gain +1 to your haggle skill and all saves against traps, as well as energy resistance 2. At monk levels 3, 9, and 15, the skill and save bonuses increase by 1 and energy resistance increases by 2.
  • Way of the Elegant Crane: Like a crane, you strike with precision and elegance. You gain +1 to your Diplomacy skill, and generate 1 additional Ki on critical hits. Your training has left you more fragile than normal, however, and have a -1 penalty to Fortitude saves. At monk levels 3, 9, and 15, these bonuses and penalties increase by 1.
  • Way of the Faithful Hound: Like a hound, you are ever vigilant and at home amidst the pack. You gain +1 to your Listen skill and a +2 bonus to hit flanked opponents. At monk levels 3, 9, and 15, the bonuses increase by 1.
  • Way of the Patient Tortoise: Like a tortoise, you are calm at heart and worries wash over you. You gain +1 to your Concentration skill and 5 additional hit points. At monk levels 3, 9, and 15, the skill bonus increases by 1 and hit point bonus increases by 5.
  • Way of the Tenacious Badger: Like a badger, you are most dangerous when grievously injured. You gain +1 to your Intimidate skill, and whenever you are below 50% health, your passive Ki regeneration is increased by 1 and you deal +0.25[W] additional damage. Your patience has suffered, however, and you generate Ki slower when meditating. At monk levels 3, 9, and 15, the skill bonus increases by 1 and the damage bonus increases by +0.25[W].
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 1 No requirements

-----------------------------------------

Tier Two

Elemental Words
Select one of four (not previously selected) elemental damage taken by your opponent:
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 Requires: Elemental Words (Tier 1)

Mystical Secret II
Ki SLA 2nd level Cleric/Wizard spell. This damage scales with 300% Melee Power.
Cost 10 Ki Cooldown 9 seconds
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 Requires: Mystical Secret I

-empty-

Elemental Ki Strikes

Select one of four attacks that have secondary aftereffects: (Activation Cost: 5 Ki. Cooldown: 3 seconds)
  • Eagle Claw Attack: Fire Ki Melee Attack: Your attacks can shatter objects. You strike at weak points in your opponents armor or hide, dealing +2[W] damage and apply four stacks of Armor Destruction. (Each stack reduces Armor Class by 1 and Fortification by 1% for 20 seconds. This effect can stack up to 15 times.)
  • Fists of Iron: Earth Ki Melee Attack: You have imbued your attacks with extra force. Performs a melee attack with +3[W] damage, +1 critical threat range, and +1 Critical Damage Multiplier.
  • Knock on the Sky: Air Ki Melee Attack: You strike your opponent, deflecting their momentum. Performs a melee attack with +1[W] damage, and your enemy deals 4% less physical damage for 30 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
  • Unbalancing Strike: Water Ki Melee Attack: You have learned several joint strikes. You can attack these weak points of your opponent, dealing +3[w] and throwing them off balance for a short period of time. This reduces their armor class by 2, applies a -10 penalty to their Balance skill, and renders them vulnerable to sneak attacks. A successful Reflex save negates this effect (DC 10 + Half Monk Level + Wisdom modifier + Trip modifiers). The target receives periodic saves to attempt to break free of this effect.
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 No requirements

Contemplation
+1/+2/+3 Concentration and Will Saves. Rank 3: Your passive Ki regeneration is increased by 1.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 5 No requirements

---------------------------------

Tier Three

Elemental Words
Select one of four (not previously selected) elemental damage taken by your opponent:
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 Requires: Elemental Words (Tier 2)

Mystical Secret III
Ki SLA 3rd level Cleric/Wizard spell. This damage scales with 300% Melee Power.
Cost 15 Ki Cooldown 12 seconds
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 Requires: Mystical Secret II

Lighting the Candle (Imbue Toggle)
While you are centered, you enhance your attacks with Ki flame. 1d6 <stance> damage on hit and an additional 1d6 Force damage on a critical hit. This damage scales with Melee Power. Your Ki generation on hit is reduced by 1.
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 No requirements

Embrace the Void
Gain 1/2/3 Meditation use per rest, +1/+2/+3 to Dodge Cap, and regenerate Ki faster while meditating. While you are meditating, you generate a protective shield which can absorb up to 25/50/100 damage, and is refreshed every 3 seconds.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 10 No requirements

Ability Score
+1 to any ability score:
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 No requirements

----------------------------------------

Tier Four

Elemental Words
Select one of four (not previously selected) damage taken by your opponent:
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Elemental Words (Tier 3)

Mystical Secret IV
Ki SLA 4th level Cleric/Wizard spell. This damage scales with 300% Melee Power.
Cost 20 Ki Cooldown 15 seconds
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Mystical Secret III

Fast Focus
You gain the Quick Draw feat, which reduces the time between using KI SLA and attacking.
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 No requirements

Focus
Grants a passive bonus to the Monk and nearby allies that grants +10 Exceptional bonus to Spellpower and +5 Exceptional Bonuses to both Melee and Ranged Power.
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Embrace the Void

Ability Score
+1 to any ability score
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Ability Score (Tier 3)

---------------------------------------

Tier Five

Choose: Void Strike, Word of Daybrake or Word of Twilight
  • Void Strike: Void Ki Melee Attack: You have learned to make attacks backed by pure Ki energy. On Hit: +3[w], +1 to Critical Threat Range and Multiplier, and 10d6 Force damage that scales with Melee Power. On Vorpal: Your enemy is erased from existence. (Activation Cost: 15 Ki. Cooldown: 3 seconds)
  • Word of Daybrake (Requires Path of Harmonious Balance): Ki attack inflict bonus positive damage.
  • Word of Twilight (Requires Path of Inevitable Dominion): Ki attack inflict bonus negative damage.
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 30 Requires: Elemental Words (Tier 4)

Mystical Secret V
Ki SLA 5th level Cleric/Wizard spell. This damage scales with 300% Melee Power.
Cost 25 Ki Cooldown 18 seconds
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 30 Requires: Mystical Secret IV

Ki Blast
Project your Ki at a distance, exploding in an area, dealing 1d6 <word> and 1d4 force damage per caster level to nearby enemies. This damage scales with 200% Melee Power. If you leave the area of the Ki, this effect ends. A successful reflex save (DC 10 + monk level, + Wisdom modifier + Stunning Bonuses) reduces damage by half. Cost 30 Ki, Cooldown: 15 second
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 30 No requirements

Self Defense
Grants +5 Magical Resistance Rating, MRR Cap and a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points.

Balance in Dawn
Select a melee attack that opposes your philosophy:
  • Every Light Casts a Shadow: Dark Ki Melee Attack: Perform an attack with +2[W] damage. On Damage: Target suffers 1d4 Negative Levels. All nearby enemies suffer 1d2 Negative Levels. (Cost: 15 Ki. Cooldown: 12 seconds)
  • Requires Path of Harmonious Balance
  • Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light: Light Ki Melee Attack: Perform an attack with +2[W] damage. On Damage: Target suffers 1d6 Light damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. This can stack up to 10 times. All allies around you receive 100 Positive Energy healing. (This healing effect is unaffected by Spell Power.) (Cost: 15 Ki. Cooldown: 6 seconds)
  • Requires Path of Inevitable Dominion

I dont Like gimps

To be honest some of this Just reads outright broken for say 75% Fort debuff on a Non t5 Is just ridicilous Like thats mad stupid even tho fort bypass isnt as important anymore other stuff Like the W dices from imbues (unless its capped and cant be increased further) dont sound balanced either and dont get me started about the part where u give a TWF Wolf speed....

nym_craian

Thanks for the review (I waited a bit to see if someone else noticed a mistake).
To be honest some of this Just reads outright broken for say 75% Fort debuff on a Non t5 Is just ridicilous Like thats mad stupid even tho fort bypass isnt as important anymore other stuff Like the W dices from imbues (unless its capped and cant be increased further) dont sound balanced either and dont get me started about the part where u give a TWF Wolf speed....​

I agree that T5 Battle Master and the +[W] imbue is not a good solution.
But, I disagree about the speed. For the locust, this is a fixed speed increase of 10% and 5%, which can be increased for a short time.​