Morning Lord Maul

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Is it just me not understanding or did DDO mess up. Morning Lord has "Morning Lord Weapon Training" I-IV, which gives a +1 to hit and damage with Morningstars, Maces, and one-handed Hammers. +1 to hit and +2 to damage with Mauls. Not bad but, Mornign Lords can't get Mauls as favored weapons (yes in epics they can), so why give the Attack and Damage bonus'? Why not allow Mauls as favored weaopns as it is a Blunt weapon like Maces, Morningstars and Hammers?

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
One much also take into account, this is the same dev team that gave Morning Lord "cleric" a + to INT.
This is due to Lore reasons.

Sun Elf is one of the Forgotten Realms Elf Subraces and it does get a +2 to Int (among other adjustments [-2 Con]).

Unfortunately the DDO devs played fast and loose with this one mostly due to the "Sun Elf" moniker, I must assume. Amaunator was/is a Netherese Deity and not a member of the Seldarine (FR Elven Pantheon).

Lore wise Sun Elves are amongst the most haughty and prideful of elven subraces and one would be safe to assume that they would worship Elebrin Liothiel in matters pertaining to the Sun as he was the member of the Seldarine associated with the Sun Domain.

It is most certainly not a case of mistaken identity or cross-over worship either as Amaunator's look, personality, methods of worship, and even his domains greatly differ (aside from Sun) from those of Elebrin Liothiel.

Amaunator has had cross-overs with Lathander multiple times as they are both Human worshiped Sun Domain deities.

Kasanje

YouTube Creator
My understanding was that Lathander is an aspect of Amaunator. Also, I seem to recall Amaunator being mentioned back in the 2nd edition concerning the elves.

Xgya

Is it just me not understanding or did DDO mess up. Morning Lord has "Morning Lord Weapon Training" I-IV, which gives a +1 to hit and damage with Morningstars, Maces, and one-handed Hammers. +1 to hit and +2 to damage with Mauls. Not bad but, Mornign Lords can't get Mauls as favored weapons (yes in epics they can), so why give the Attack and Damage bonus'? Why not allow Mauls as favored weaopns as it is a Blunt weapon like Maces, Morningstars and Hammers?
They can't get Morningstars or Hammers as favored weapons either - the feature is not meant to only relate to Amaunator's favored weapon, but to a series of blunt weapons.
The fact that 25% of those options are potential favored weapons for the Sun Elf is coincidental.

Drow Clerics can have Xen'drik weapon training, but can't have shuriken or rapiers as their favored weapons.

Lazuli

Old racial trees are very outdated. They were built when the game was very different. And if their usefulness was already debatable then, now they are totally obsolete.

Fisto Mk I

Old racial trees are very outdated. They were built when the game was very different. And if their usefulness was already debatable then, now they are totally obsolete.
Outdated - mebbe. Totally useless - clearly no. BF still very solid, and SK is crucial part for some very efficient build. ;)

Lazuli

Outdated - mebbe. Totally useless - clearly no. BF still very solid, and SK is crucial part for some very efficient build. ;)
SK had a pass, that's why it's better. Before the pass the chains were useless and the race was almost not used.

BF is not one of the worst trees, no. But it can't be said that there are many BF builds nowaday. The tree needs a pass too.

ML is a mess.

Lazuli

It can (and must, if you ask me personally) be better, sure, but even in current state it's very good as raid healer/wraith killer for some raid like THTH. 8)
Morninglord doesn't add anything special to healing, you can be a good healer (and probably a better healer) with other races. People use it more because it starts at level 15 and doesn't require an ehart than because it's really useful.

The tree is stupidly expensive, the most expensive tree in the entire game. melee part is almost useless (no favored weapons), the divine caster one is expensive, expensive, expensive and more expensive.

Lazuli

Rejuvenation of Dawn, Blessing of Amaunator.
Blessing of Amaunator are spells from the cleric list. Six AP for spells on your list is ludicrous. 2 AP for rank, 3 ranks. A theft. Six points will surely give you something interesting in another race, and you will not notice the use of Blessing because you will have the spells anyway. They are not even the mass versions. You as a healer are going to want the mass versions to help the group.

Rejuvenation of Dawn is interesting, but 4 APs more... Expensive, sorry.

This tree needs a review, reducing the cost in APs.

Fisto Mk I

Blessing of Amaunator are spells from the cleric list. Six AP for spells on your list is ludicrous. 2 AP for rank, 3 ranks. A theft. Six points will surely give you something interesting in another race, and you will not notice the use of Blessing because you will have the spells anyway
Yea, it's high cost, but it irrelevant because you wanna 15 AP spent anyway for Amaunator's Brilliance. Very good for THTH.
They are not even the mass versions. You as a healer are going to want the mass versions to help the group.
"Amaunator blesses those in the area of effect with the following for 1 minute per caster level" ;)
Rejuvenation of Dawn is interesting, but 4 APs more... Expensive, sorry.

Expensive, but effect really good. Seems good for me. 8)

This tree needs a review, reducing the cost in APs.
Exactly as i say above. :)