Multiboxers, One Xpack for Each Alt, or Same Xpack for All?

Multiboxers, One Xpack for Each Alt, or Same Xpack for All?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
tumblr_m7cip7oZWe1rr6cyuo1_500.gif

Redtalktree

I have 127 accounts.

I took 40 each of Saltmarsh, IoD, and Feywild. The other 7 I took the elixir. Kinda mad the elixir is bta.
o.k you must be rich and soo soo loaded in free time that you can actually get to play 24/7 and have backbone and wrist made of Adamatine, cos you know RSI and hunchback is a common thing. :)

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
o.k you must be rich and soo soo loaded in free time that you can actually get to play 24/7 and have backbone and wrist made of Adamatine, cos you know RSI and hunchback is a common thing. :)
Not rich. 120 accounts are F2P, only 7 accounts are actively played with purchases. So, not really that crazy.

Br4d

If you're planning to eventually get all the packs on each account I would take IoD on each because most expensive. The caveat is that the IoD bundles are worth the asking price, since the top end includes two mounts, a great hireling at heroic and epic levels and the free boxes. Obviously it is extremely expensive to do that across 4 or 5 accounts.

If you're only planning to get all on your main account eventually I would take a different x-pac on each account, starting with IoD for the first if you are not going to buy it, and plan to have them buddy your main 1 on 1 through the leveling process.

My experience with more than dual-boxing in DDO is dismal. And I'm pretty lucky normally with loot pulls. The problem is playing more than 2 characters at a time is a *very* slow process and speeding it up essentially involves abstaining from taking loot on the alt accounts and even then it really slows you down.

Your mileage may vary depending on if you have some way of controlling multiple characters in real time.

Mordenkainen

If you are a true newb and want to milk this monh's gift as much as possible, I would make 8 accounts with each account with one of the expansions.

That way you can literally play every piece of content in DDO and find out what you like and more importantly gain game knowledge.

People don't understand that in DDO you level up 2 things at the same time; your character but also yourself as well.

Judging by Hardcore scores, the yourself portion is far more important than the character portion.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you are a true newb and want to milk this monh's gift as much as possible, I would make 8 accounts with each account with one of the expansions.
That sounds like a good way to suck the joy out of the entire game for a person. They'd have make 8x characters, level, and gear them across multiple accounts all with only f2p quests; that's just a chore vs playing the game and having fun.

Mordenkainen

That sounds like a good way to suck the joy out of the entire game for a person. They'd have make 8x characters, level, and gear them across multiple accounts all with only f2p quests; that's just a chore vs playing the game and having fun.
You see.. this is because you're thinking like a super seasoned Vet with the endgame of minmax powerplay in mind.

Again, just someone who got the game and now explore all the worlds and just have fun frolicking through on normal/casual.

Last edited:

T.O.

Well I have 238 accounts and took 52 Iod, 52 feywild, 58 saltmarsh and one discovery. I will get to the remaining 75 when I get the time. My wrist hurts so much I don't have time for my movies.

Cheeps

Tired Member
Better to get dinobot island expansion for free, if you can. (y)

It's not worth the regular asking price.

Br4d

So all of this suggests that they are just 131 players actually playing DDO with about 617.4 accounts on average for each of them.

That would explain all the lag in groups as it would look like 1 player was actually moving while the other 5 were standing still unable to move (because the players can only control 1.47 characters at a time, on average.)

mbartol

Murder Hobo
I feel bad only having 6 accounts.

One I play, a second I occasionally dual-box with, and 4 additional accounts to bump my personal guild up to 6 accounts.

I did purchase Sharn on each of the additional accounts last year to make them Premium, so I’ll pick up Isle of Dread on them.

Last edited: