My suggestion & bug log

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, a lot of things were remedied with the last update to lords march, I'm still looking through the upgradable stuff and such. . .good job there.
I really wish there were a more in-depth road map so that I might not post about things which might already be planned or in the works.

Suggestions for future legendary:
Lower necropolis - might want to revise that rat maze dungeon first though
Korthos, and maybe add in a part for return to korthos where you play from the dragon hunting parties perspective as well? I just think that might be neat.
I don't fully know what all has been updated to legendary yet, so I'm not going to randomly spit out dungeons which may or may not have been updated yet, but I am betting a lot of the harbor stuff still needs it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race suggestions:
Allow for tieflings to not have horns or tails in char creation, not all tieflings displayed such heritage or had giant bull horns. . .and allow for actual eyes not colored blobs
Fae-ri
Kobold (I'm sure I can't be the only one who still wants to play a kobold)
Fae (summer and winter courts)
Dhamphirs (they've been around since 2nd ed, could be a ravenloft expansion bit)
Avriels (sp?) (winged elves)
Satyr
Pixy
Bullywog
Gnoll
Now I realize that new races require a ton o f work, given armor and such, but I think they would be neat additions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Expansions:
Mythdranor
Icewind dale
Baldurs gate and the sword coast
Lamordia (ravenloft, the adam quest line - it's kind of frankenstien-ish)
More ravenloft content - there is a whole host of stuff for ravenloft and areas which could be added
More faerun content, not just drow
Dragonlance - war of the lance is a great era for this - krynn content, after all we do wander through the planes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Improvements and such:

Bring back the toee crafting and drops

Ui scaling and lock able quick bars, swtor has a pretty good example of how to do this, check it out and see if it can be done with ddo in a future update.
Graphics glitches and texture flashing, this needs to be fixed. It's occurring in eveningstar, in the isle of dread dungeons, and so on. Maybe some issue with modern cards and old game rendering, I'm not sure, but textures will flash in and out depending on where you move. I keep setting on max.

Guild halls and character housing with buff or other options. Guilds could even make dungeons in their halls for other players to run, this has been done successfully with guild/player housing in the superhero mmos, swtor, and others. It's about time that there was a little upgrade/addition in this department. Yeah, I know it's a lot of work, but you could always add in trap packs, treasure packs, npc/monster packs, and so forth that people could buy in the shop to flesh out their player made dungeons as well as a leader board system for them. Besides, I bet some players could make some really neat stuff.

More bank space - seriously, this is needed. Every time content is added and updated there is more one wants or needs to hold onto for reincarnations, bumping base bank space up to 200 shouldn't be that much of an issue before the kundark quests.

Some dungeons seem to be set up on a trigger system (over in the isle of dread by most appearances) where the mobs will stay unhostile and not trigger, locking you from progressing, this needs to be fixed. No mob should ever be immortal and unhostile in a dungeon if it is meant to be killed to continue through the dungeon.

Add a platinum monthly dice roller with better rewards. Higher xp, maybe the chance at those +3/4 racial tomes, maybe otto's boxes on rolls of 100, and so forth. And don't put the bigby's hands in it, those things are so useless.

Do something about the pet and mounts that you can get on a lucky dice roll, I have like three or four nightmares now, all bound to account, and nothing to do with them since you can't keep adding them to your stable or trade them with other players. Maybe something like the cosmetic deal, shred them and turn the bits in for a different mount?

Add a Jack of all trades feat, this essentially allows you to put points into any skill as if it were a class trained skill, even open lock and disable device. Mind, it doesn't increase your point pool based on class, just allows for you to allocate your points any where with out the half bit or leave you class restricted on skills which shouldn't be. So, you probably won't ever be an amazing trapper as a wizard or fight, but at least you could do most normal content with out having to get a dumberling that doesn't work half the time or try to pug to get a bonus in regular dungeons.

The level 3 perma cleric from the catacombs pack? Ravenloft pack? Where ever it was from seems to have expired and vanished. . .please fix this. It's irritating for something to randomly expire and vanish that was never meant to. Especially when it was paid for.

Up to +5 racial and universal tomes - in the store. . .

Allow for epic levels to progress base classes if multi classed past their lock out at 20 if desired. Why this wasn't done initially is a bit beyond me. Mind, I think the epic system is neat, but it's pretty inaccurate for d&d.

Epic heart of blood/wood - when playing a base race and class and you reach 32, a heart that lets you get your racial and class when reincarnating, but not epic. Just me being lazy and wanting something to stream line reincarnation here.

Otto's boxes: Please, please, please. . .leave them in the store longer. For some reason I almost always miss them.

Allow for all past epic life toggles to be used at the same time.

Please adjust or fix the hireling ai - they are constantly blocked even when in front of a door or trap, or just stand there drooling on themselves.

Please fix the enemy ai, the constant running in circles around you is getting old and annoying. If they're going to attack me, then they should do that, not run in circles for twenty seconds and then maybe attack something. This is happening every where.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class bits:

These can be extensions to current classed like the skin deal or hunter deal or how ever you'd like to work it, or even trees.
Oracle - yeah, I know it's more of a pathfinder thing, but I think it would be pretty neat for a cleric or favored soul option to be a debuffer.
Dread necromancer
Hex blade
Soul knife - though there is something that seems pretty similar with the shadow blade deal. But the imbue weapon with shadows has to constantly be reapplied every transition or rest. . .it would be nice if it could just be toggled on.
Arcane trickster
More clerical domains/gods/etc, to reflect the other planes - i.e. faerun deities, ravenloft deities, etc.
Ahhh. . .I'm sure others have some better ideas for class things. . .to be honest I think the current class bits are pretty good, but lacking in being able to level them all the way and lacking points for trees, not to mention the open lock and disable skills be locked to very specific classes - which shouldn't happen.

I'll add more over time, probably a lot of this will actually be checked/fixed in regards to issues as time passes. Looking forward to future updates!

Upvote 0

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Oh, right.
Forgot about the remnant chests and breakable drops. These keep getting blocked under the floor or behind a pile of trash or what not. This needs to be fixed.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I'm noticing there seem to be a lot of issues lately with spells not firing when clicked but they use mana and initiate a cool down timer.
I'm also noticing that apparently invisibility is useless and everything seems to have true seeing.

These two things are nearly game breaking and need to be fixed.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Incendiary seems to be something skeletons in barovia and other things are initially immune to when it's cast. Also, in the pale master tree, the first neg energy spell used still heals undead, and some times the second - when you already have neg energy hurts undead. You guys need to clean up your coding with these please.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Mass teleport to the portable hole cannot be used in a public area now after last update. In fact, only the individual teleport options can be used in a public area, none of the mass options can be used in a public area now.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I would suggest putting all the dlc packs back on steam again, as currently there is next to no way to gift packs or such to friends and family with out a lot of hassle.

eshadowbringer

I feel like there is a small chance I'm being trolled here... but ill bite, just incase you are being sincere.

Incendiary seems to be something skeletons in barovia and other things are initially immune to when it's cast. Also, in the pale master tree, the first neg energy spell used still heals undead, and some times the second - when you already have neg energy hurts undead. You guys need to clean up your coding with these please.
These are working as intended, as it is the first hit that adds the immunity stripping effect! (the "sometimes" a second strike on negative energy could be a bug if accurate)

Mass teleport to the portable hole cannot be used in a public area now after last update. In fact, only the individual teleport options can be used in a public area, none of the mass options can be used in a public area now.
This is also working as intended. The mass teleport has never (for at least the 14 years I have been playing) worked in public areas. that is why the individual ones were added here a few years back!

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I feel like there is a small chance I'm being trolled here... but ill bite, just incase you are being sincere.

These are working as intended, as it is the first hit that adds the immunity stripping effect! (the "sometimes" a second strike on negative energy could be a bug if accurate)

This is also working as intended. The mass teleport has never (for at least the 14 years I have been playing) worked in public areas. that is why the individual ones were added here a few years back!
With the mass teleport I find that odd, since before the last two updates I did indeed use mass teleport in a public area just fine - I tried it about two weeks ago and it worked fine then. Maybe that was a bug then. I'm going to guess that it just grabs who ever is near by instead of only party members if it's not working now.
With the negative energy I've noticed with neg energy burst and necrotic ray that the first and sometimes second hit on undead (when you have the hurt undead spec'd out in the enhancements) will heal them. I'm guessing that the coding just doesn't catch up till after the initial hit for some reason - to be honest I can't think of an easy solution for this based on how I would imagine the original coding is set up other than setting spells to deal something other than neg energy damage to hostiles once you have that enhancement, but that might not be something that wants to be done since other creatures are immune to neg besides undead.
There could be a more complicated solution, doing an if this then that code which would essentially shut off undead immunity and healing vs your neg energy spells. But it would be much more drawn out and intensive when casting and prone to issues if not coded correctly.

I'm not sure what you mean about immunity to stripping effect. It's a basic skeleton, their immunities should only be basic undead - i.e. suffocation/drowning, poison, neg energy, death spells, and such. They shouldn't be immune to anything from incendiary cloud at all. If anything I would have imagined them to be, like most undead should be, vulnerable to it and fire.

Last edited:

Toblakai

With the mass teleport I find that odd, since before the last two updates I did indeed use mass teleport in a public area just fine
I have never seen mass teleport work in a public area, and I accidentally clicked the mass version many times when meaning to click single person. Do you know what zone you were in, maybe one of the public areas allowed it.

Regarding skeletons, maybe they are immune to the blinding effect of incendiary cloud.

Also, no more Faerun content, I find it a rather boring world. But Ravenloft would be nice.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I have never seen mass teleport work in a public area, and I accidentally clicked the mass version many times when meaning to click single person. Do you know what zone you were in, maybe one of the public areas allowed it.

Regarding skeletons, maybe they are immune to the blinding effect of incendiary cloud.

Also, no more Faerun content, I find it a rather boring world. But Ravenloft would be nice.
You might be right about the blinding thing.
As for the mass teleport, it was in the market place in stormreach. I actually thought it was odd at first. Though now it simply wont allow in public areas. It's possible something janky happened since there was a load of lag, I honestly couldn't say. I didn't get any errors or anything.
I think the faerun content is really only boring because it only focused on one small aspect and area. . .being the main and really only area for leveling 17-20 ish. . .and rerunning that stuff over and over is grating. . .and has been for years now. Considering how massive xendrik is and how much lore there is, if they did it on a great level of detail like they did with barovia it might not be so bad. . . but who knows. I honestly would prefer more ravenloft content as well. . .and am still hopeful for possible dragon lance stuff, if they could secure the rights to produce it.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
For vip subs, maybe add a monthly allotment of astral shards? I think something like that would make subscriptions a bit more enticing and keep them up to date with other games.
I might also suggest faster timers for subs and the removal of some all together, like the 3 day cool down on fred for feat exchange, which to be honest shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Just ran zawabi's revenge on heroic elite 7 times, with greater treasure hunter elixir, sovereign elixir of hidden potential, and greater elixir of discovery. Guess how many named items dropped. . .not one. Arrows, scrolls, and junk green items every single time.
It occurs to me that either a the elixirs don't actually work and everyone that's been buying and using them or wasting money on shards at the chance for the discovery ones need a refund or you guys need to fix your loot tables. If the drop rate is that abysmal in a raid then you may as well take out the friggin raid, no one wants to run it potentially 20 times and never get an item.
At this point there's no reason to run it again, because it's obvious that the loot boosts don't work and higher difficulty doesn't seem to do anything for drop rates in this raid. This is pretty disgusting to be honest.
Absolutely nothing of any value dropped in the chests in each run, just vendor trash which could have been acquired anywhere else in the game. I emphasize trash, because that's what every piece of loot was from that raid.

misterski

For vip subs, maybe add a monthly allotment of astral shards? I think something like that would make subscriptions a bit more enticing and keep them up to date with other games.
But you could just buy astral shards with the monthly store point allotment, so I'm not sure it would make sense to add this.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
But you could just buy astral shards with the monthly store point allotment, so I'm not sure it would make sense to add this.
currently, vips get neither. So, one or the other would make sense. Besides, shards are only good in game, store points could be used for cosmetics. . .assuming they add more, mounts, pets, etc. This is assuming more stuff gets added. Compared to many other mmo's ddo has fallen behind the curve by a decade or more in regards to cosmetic and shop content.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Bring back the rest shrine statues and put them in the cash shop and add as rare loot.
Speaking of loot, 75% of everything found now days seems to be arrows, bolts, throwing darts/daggers/axes/hammers, scrolls, and potions. While this can be nice, there is way too much of it clogging up the loot table. For me at least it all goes in the vendor trash bucket or I leave it in chests because it's useless for my character. It's getting pretty disheartening to run through ten dungeons or so and the chests are filled with consumables that either are being left or sold as soon as possible to the bartender. Platinum is great, but the cap is so pitifully low that there's little point in trying to collect it.
My suggestion to resolve this is to limit potion/scroll/throwable/ammo drops by 10% and increase the money cap in game by 50%. The money in you bag should only be a float variable anyway, it shouldn't even take 30 minutes to adjust that line of code to increase it and I am pretty sure people would be rather thrilled across the board with that update.

Another odd suggestion:
Portable brewing cauldron - available for use by artificers and alchemists.
There are more than enough collectables and ingredients already in game to allow for synthesis on the fly of healing, mana, and low level buff potions. Use the old shrine script as a basis for spawning and put an expiration timer on it of five minutes until they vanish. In the mean time you can run it like the majority of pop up shops and have it pull from bags to make potions for use up to level ten as a start. So, cure serious and below, pneumonic potions that could potential give up to 100 sp, fire shields, jump, etc potions. There's a huge list of ingredients you can pull from for this if it gets seriously considered as something to add in. Trust me, those collectables and ingredients add up, give players a more practical use for them and add to the value of some classes.

Ahpuch

currently, vips get neither. So, one or the other would make sense. Besides, shards are only good in game, store points could be used for cosmetics. . .assuming they add more, mounts, pets, etc. This is assuming more stuff gets added. Compared to many other mmo's ddo has fallen behind the curve by a decade or more in regards to cosmetic and shop content.
VIP get 500 DDO points per month.