Myth Drannor Poll: What do YOU want to see?

(PICK 3) What would you REALLY like included in the new Myth Drannor Super Expansion?

• Very Difficult Content (akin to the challenge dungeons, perhaps harder).

• Somewhat challenging content(same or little less than the "xtreme challenge) dungeons

• Same challenge as prior content but at the level 34 scale.

• A massive Multi-layered dungeon where F.Fall/w.breath doesn't work no porting of any kind(no recall)

• Something Different than before. DEFINITELY get away from the same old content development

• Focus More on Intimate 6 man group quests/less on raids

• Very noticeable increase in gear power than previous content gear (make me WANT to buy this)!

• Noticeable increase in gear power than previous expansions.

• A step-wise increase in gear power with maybe a couple of hidden "wow" gems.

• A vanilla step-wise increase in gear power, no surprises.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deathromancer

Quests that have different ways to complete them. So you can properly choose your play style..... you know, like what was promised when the game first came out. So you can hack and slash your way to the end, or sneak through it (with some reasonable chance of success) or go the diplomatic route and charm your way to the end. But that is any and all quests are doable in any of the mentioned ways not this quest is stealth that quest is diplo and this one is hack and slash.

This game is supposed to be based on dungeons and dragons and that should mean that there are ways to complete things without slaughtering everything in sight.
I agree as when the game first came out, you did have some hack and slash focused dungeons , but you coould still sneak or charm your way past parts. Now with champs and reapers and dungeon alert (unless caused by rogue in question lol) , even with high move silent and hide. they still see you which is not true to what a Dungeons and Dragons rogue should be able to do. At the rate things are deviating from True DND I expect in the future we will be renamed SSG online with a side of DND

Lorrgar

DDO Official Troubadour
A few things.....
1) Huge wilderness worth exploring. I like the random location drops on rares such as with the King's Forest.
2) A way to use skills throughout some of the content to avoid fights or to open optional paths

axel15810

What I want most is the content design in regards to gameplay to break out of the predictable pattern we've seen in recent expansions and and be more creative and way less conservative. Mainly we need new gameplay mechanics, things that make us play DDO differently. Story, monsters and quests looking good visually and all that is good and all, but what we need most is new video game things.

I often feel in regards to content design in recent years is that in an attempt to appease all players into not hating a quest they've all been watered down to feel the same and be too basic. It's OK for everyone to not like every quest. Cater quests to different player interests. I'd much rather have out of 10 quests there be 2 I hate, 5 I feel OK about and 3 I love rather than it just be 10 that all feel only okayish to me. Take chances in content design devs, please be OK with not everyone liking every quest.

Mobs with unique combat mechanics - Pilgrims Peril was a good start to what I mean here. We need stuff that makes us think more about encounters and play differently.

Brand new puzzles from the ground up - Not just slight minor alternations of the same old puzzles we've had a million times. This has been a big stickler for me. I am so sick of the same old tile puzzles, light puzzles and mirror puzzles being rehashed again and again. How about a card game we play in game? picture slider puzzle? Optionals that include complex, randomized cornfield like mazes? There's so many possibilities.

Platforming optionals - Some kind of crazy difficult snowpeaks esque platforming optional. Emphasis on optional, it should not be a requirement for completion. But personally I love platforming in DDO and we never see it anymore. This goes back to what I said initially about taking chances in content design and being less conservative - it's OK if not everyone likes every single aspect of every quest.

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
What I want most is the content design in regards to gameplay to break out of the predictable pattern we've seen in recent expansions and and be more creative and way less conservative. Mainly we need new gameplay mechanics, things that make us play DDO differently. Story, monsters and quests looking good visually and all that is good and all, but what we need most is new video game things.

I often feel in regards to content design in recent years is that in an attempt to appease all players into not hating a quest they've all been watered down to feel the same and be too basic. It's OK for everyone to not like every quest. Cater quests to different player interests. I'd much rather have out of 10 quests there be 2 I hate, 5 I feel OK about and 3 I love rather than it just be 10 that all feel only okayish to me.

Mobs with unique combat mechanics - Pilgrims Peril was a good start to what I mean here. We need stuff that makes us think more about encounters and play differently.

Brand new puzzles from the ground up - Not just slight minor alternations of the same old puzzles we've had a million times. This has been a big stickler for me. I am so sick of the same old tile puzzles, light puzzles and mirror puzzles being rehashed again and again. How about a card game we play in game? picture slider puzzle? Optionals that include complex, randomized cornfield like mazes? There's so many possibilities.

Platforming optionals - Some kind of crazy difficult snowpeaks esque platforming optional. Emphasis on optional, it should not be a requirement for completion. But personally I love platforming in DDO and we never see it anymore.
Some good points.

I actually want to see a random mix of monster spawns in dungeons. That way you never know what you're going to get whenever you enter a dungeon.

Dunspartacus

For my leveling character I just want some fun quests for 13 that aren't Gianthold, which has crucible and kinda tor for fun (if people are willing to do dragons).

For my endgame character I would like get something that finally lets me cast this stupid attuned dinobone greataxe into a pit for a replacement. Please I'm so sick of seeing this stupid thing everytime I open my inventory.