Need help with a 36pt 3rd life build

So I'm at lvl 5 rn on a 36 pt pally and I'm trying to do r1 saltmarsh but I just can't do r1 even with a hire I have a +8 supreme tome and I have thf and PA rn and I'm mostly specd in the SD tree I'm also an asaimar is it something to do with my gear I'm using rn or is this like a normal thing to not be able to do r1 yet

Matuse

Without knowing your gear, and how experienced you are with Reaper and how many reaper points you have, and just generally more information, nobody can answer.

Doing Reaper at very low level is difficult. There's no reason you can't drop down to Elite.

Without knowing your gear, and how experienced you are with Reaper and how many reaper points you have, and just generally more information, nobody can answer.

Doing Reaper at very low level is difficult. There's no reason you can't drop down to Elite.
I'm not using any special gear I'm using 2 pieces from the chronoscope raid and 2 pieces of feywildI'm not the best player nor the most experienced so I'm betting that has some part to do with that and with only being lvl 5 I can only have 10 of my reaper points used

Also the reason I am trying to do r1 is to get the most xp I can so I can get back up to cap

Last edited:

QuantumFX

I'm not the best player nor the most experienced so I'm betting that has some part to do with that and with only being lvl 5 I can only have 10 of my reaper points used
I've watched experienced players get one shotted in that quest chain at level 5. Seriously, the heroic version of that chain is overtuned. Do your gear grinding on Hard, upgrade it to 20 when you hit epic levels, and go get the rest of the favor at level 30-32.

Lazuli

I've watched experienced players get one shotted in that quest chain at level 5. Seriously, the heroic version of that chain is overtuned. Do your gear grinding on Hard, upgrade it to 20 when you hit epic levels, and go get the rest of the favor at level 30-32.
This. Heroic salt is overtuned. Experienced players can do it, but it is much more difficult than the rest of the level content.

I advise you to form a group, lower the difficulty, or come back again later. There is a lot of experience at that level, and you will find the rest of the content much easier.

If you are looking for xp, I advise you to do it in other quests, there is a lot of xp at that level, or form a party. If you are looking for heroic items, I advise you to do it overlevel (or party, other players can pass items)

Matuse

I'm not using any special gear I'm using 2 pieces from the chronoscope raid and 2 pieces of feywildI'm not the best player nor the most experienced so I'm betting that has some part to do with that and with only being lvl 5 I can only have 10 of my reaper points used

Also the reason I am trying to do r1 is to get the most xp I can so I can get back up to cap
If you're not beating the quests, then it's not the most XP. Saltmarsh is very difficult for its heroic level, Bullywug casters in particular are super deadly. You could go into the Marketplace and do level 3s there on R1 with far greater ease. Or you could just do 2 quests on Elite in the same amount of time and with a far lower chance of dying. There's no shortage of XP in low levels, maximizing one individual quest is not doing you any particular favors.

nenetteblackmoor

If you're not playing as a High Reaper, using the Holy Presence of the Exalted Angel for healing every turn is easier for solo play than pursuing DPS. Especially for characters without well-equipped gear, even with basic weapons and armor, you can clear R1 by healing every turn.

After stunning enemies with Consecration, you can usually handle most small fry by cleaving through them.

Dragavon

If you're not playing as a High Reaper, using the Holy Presence of the Exalted Angel for healing every turn is easier for solo play than pursuing DPS. Especially for characters without well-equipped gear, even with basic weapons and armor, you can clear R1 by healing every turn.

After stunning enemies with Consecration, you can usually handle most small fry by cleaving through them.
Great advice for a lvl 5 character :sneaky:

nenetteblackmoor

Great advice for a lvl 5 character :sneaky:
I apologize for the oversight.
If you're at Level 5, it's advisable to maximize your Strength and use a Two-Handed Weapon with 2d6proc damage for Cleave.
Power Attack should be turned on.

Don't forget to wear Full Plate armor, and it's also a good idea to use Augment for an additional 2d6 damage.

Having Feywild's Crown of Leaves and Gloves of Tranquility would be useful.

In places with numerous enemies, aim to engage in combat in narrow spaces like doors, and position yourself to avoid getting shot by arrows.
Additionally, refrain from being the first to charge in, as doing so may attract concentrated fire.
It's safer to instruct your hired allies to charge first and then follow up. The terrain can work to your advantage.