New DDO store converts to your local currency but charges in US dollars

Dragavon

A warning to anyone outside USA.

I just bought 500 points for one of my DDO accounts and the new DDO store converted the price to my local curreny, Norwegian Crowns, but charged that amount in US dollars.

So I ended up paying $111 for 500 DDO points. I have sent in a ticket for a refund, but wanted to warn others to not buy anything if you live outside USA until this is fixed.

vryxnr

EDIT: If the reverse is true then not only are customers going to get ripped off, but savvy customers will be able to rip off SSG as well (edited to remove detailed explanations, please don't ban me)

Dude

it is not a rip off, it is just an error in the new store. I have no doubt it will be fixed and I will get a refund as soon as possible.
I think he was pointing out that, if the exchange rate were the opposite of what you experienced, the purchaser would benefit and SSG would lose out.

vryxnr

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about this yet. I would have expected the store to close again while they investigate and fix this, just like they did when some people got free points... or are they waiting for someone to actually get a 70-ish % or greater discount before they take action? Or perhaps they are hoping that there are people who don't look at their receipts and overpay without noticing?

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
WOW, thankyou for the heads up. I was about to buy some points to get something with the new discount code in the store. That would have been not good.. am in other country as well. I will wait till fixed for sure now... yikes..
A warning to anyone outside USA.

I just bought 500 points for one of my DDO accounts and the new DDO store converted the price to my local curreny, Norwegian Crowns, but charged that amount in US dollars.

So I ended up paying $111 for 500 DDO points. I have sent in a ticket for a refund, but wanted to warn others to not buy anything if you live outside USA until this is fixed.

Tried Buying points, only option it gave was via steam (even though if I buy an expansion it takes paypal and card info) the currency in game is set to usd ( not sure how to change) and when it sends the request to steam it puts it in as CAD at the USD amount but than declines the transaction. Had to correct my steam wallet twice trying this. (yes I tried making sure that there was enough funds in cad to cover the amount in usd as well)