Non-proficiency penalties for Orbs

This is probably a really noob question.

I see this on DDO Wiki which doesn't talk about what happens if you're not proficient with orbs.

I'm just wondering if/when I have the "Not Proficient" notification, am I getting this whole list of penalty?
For example, I am proficient with Dwarven Axe, if I wield an orb which I am not proficient with, am I not able to produce glancing blows?
or does using an orb while not being proficient with orbs just doesn't have any penalty?

Thank you,

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
This is probably a really noob question.

I see this on DDO Wiki which doesn't talk about what happens if you're not proficient with orbs.

I'm just wondering if/when I have the "Not Proficient" notification, am I getting this whole list of penalty?
For example, I am proficient with Dwarven Axe, if I wield an orb which I am not proficient with, am I not able to produce glancing blows?
or does using an orb while not being proficient with orbs just doesn't have any penalty?

Thank you,
As far as I am aware, as they're treated as shields but have no Armor Check Penalty, wielding an orb with which you are not proficient doesn't actually have any negative effects. It certainly won't have any effect on your main hand weapon.

(I've updated the page to clarify this - I believe that section hasn't been updated since Orbs were added in U41.)

As far as I am aware, as they're treated as shields but have no Armor Check Penalty, wielding an orb with which you are not proficient doesn't actually have any negative effects. It certainly won't have any effect on your main hand weapon.

(I've updated the page to clarify this - I believe that section hasn't been updated since Orbs were added in U41.)
That is awesome!
I see your update on DDO Wiki