OFFICIAL: Character Builder Lite

ChicagoChris

First, haven't been on the forums much in a while, nice to see this thread continuing to update. Well done.

Noticed that in the Thief Acrobat tree, tier 3; the app shows Improved Glancing Blows, when it should read Improved Second Strikes.
Easy to just go to Data>Builder>Enahancements, then scroll(find) Thief Acrobat and sub in the correct words.

There also seems to be a problem with Sacred Fist not being allowed to choose diety feats as one of their general feats. Pretty sure that they do not get diety feats, but are allowed to select a diety at level one and then may use a general feat for selecting a diety option like follower of, child of, etc. Not 100% on this due to limited knowledge of SF, but wanted to point it out so that someone else can check into it. Also, I think this may stem from the wiki not including this in a clear way and it getting overloooked by the crawler.

Cheers

Forgot to mention that the universal ehancement point selector seems to be locked at 1. There are 2 currently available and 3 if you count in the one that is available with the Vecna pre-purchase
I've got a fix for the Trapper issues with the new archtype but the Sacred Fist issue exposed some really bad Deity issues that I'm working through, and luckily Lam is opened tonight for me to run through all the deity builds

LrdSlvrhnd

Check the Tomes.txt table and set UniversalAPMax = 2

While I was in there, I set the PermDestinyPoint min/max to 13/34... I know the Min is accurate, but just wanted to check the math on the Max, it's +1 for the new tree itself and an additional +1 for the new EPLs, correct?

LrdSlvrhnd

Also, speaking of universal tomes: Is there any way to fix them so they don't 'count' at first level? Racial stuff can all be taken at L1 for free, but Universal points still cost in the leveling guide, which throws the guide off slightly, and pushes the final enhancements to the end of the build (L32 if you max, with a bunch of "(Bank AP)" lines from 20+). For instance, my usual HC character is an Inquisitive with a Racial tome and now 2 Universal tomes, so in-game I can put 7 points of Enhancements at L1; however, it only lets me do 1 Racial and 4 Universal before pushing the rest to L2 even with the two tomes.

ChicagoChris

4.4.0 - Updates for U60/U61
Changes:

• - Updates to many enhancements with U61 updates (thanks as always to Yhelm!)
  • - Addition of the Macrotechnic epic destiny
  • - Additional Universal tome point
Fixes:
  • - Fixed issue with Archtypes and trapping skills.
  • - Fixed issue with Archtypes and deity feats. Cleaned Deity feats up to work correctly with FS and others
  • - Rounding Error in Compendium casual favor
  • - Fix for Compendium not counting favor is sorted by Epic

Release info: ddo-lite-tools/releases
Download: 2023-08-25_DDOLiteTools.zip

Blametroi

I've got an old vb6 professional I installed but I keep getting "not a valid resource file" errors when I try to open any of the projects. Anyone have any hints/tips/pointers? I'd be glad to help with the code if I could get it loaded.

Yhelm

A few updates now that U61.1 has some more Balance Changes. Also noticed a few things that were wrong in Macrotechnic (as well as some other fixes - listed below). As always, just download the txt file and replace the version you have in Data > Builder to update.

Destinies - download

Macrotechnic
- Corrected the names on the Core abilities to match what is on live. (Also fixed the ddowiki because the names were wrong there as well.)
- Corrected Blast Drive to have the correct Supercharge Effect (+30% Action boost bonus to Movement Speed.)
- Corrected a typo in the Epic Improved Metamagics: Intensify description.

Enhancements - download

Sorc Savants
- Corrected DCs listed for Tier 5 Actives

Ninja Spy
- Added/Updated Elemental Curatives Passives in descriptions
- Added Touch of Death Passive in description

Shintao
- Added/Updated Ninjutsu Passives in descriptions

Henshin Mystic
- Added U61 Lighting the Candle changes

Warchanter
- Corrected all DC changes to Spinning Ice, Frozen Fury, and Skaldic Scream

Assassin
- Corrected DCs listed for Poison Strikes

Vistani Knife Fighter
- Added kukris to the affected weapon list
- Updated Whirling Blades as multi-selector
- Cleaned up references to "throwing knife" (which is not a real thing in DDO) and replaced it with "throwing dagger" (an actual thing in DDO).

Added all 61.1 Balance adjustments

Feats - download

Quivering Palm - Added U61 DC changes

Yhelm

I messed up a line in the new Poison updates for Assassin, so the Enhancements.txt file was causing an error. This has been fixed and re-uploaded.

Yhelm

I should have all the new stuff available to download in a day or two. Just been a bit too busy at work to get this done lately.

Yhelm

Hey everyone!

It's been a very busy month so it took me a lot longer than I had hoped to get the U62 updates in.

To say this update was complicated is a bit of an understatement. The [W] becoming percentages thing was a hard bit to find, since there are a LOT of places where these attacks were listed, and some didn't actually get updated (at least not on the live game). For example, Crazy Strike in the Frenzied Berserker tree still has all of the [W] damage numbers. Also it doesn't look like Epic Destinies have not been updated (at least the tool tips haven't) so I didn't update those yet.
-
Other notable changes...

Classes.txt
Blightcaster and Druid spells were all messed up. Some spells that are Druid only were in the Blightcaster list. Some Blightcaster only spells were in Druid list. Some spells were in the wrong levels (since they have a lot of the same spells but get them at different levels) and all of the thorn spells were missing from Druid. So I hopefully I've cleaned all of this up.

Enhancements.txt
Mostly just the [W] changes here. Fixed an error in Blightmaster that was causing a crash and corrected some missing text in a few places. Also made all of the other U62 Enhancement changes listed in the release notes.

Feats.txt
Added the missing Master of Thorns feat. Also change the [W] on Cleave, Great Cleave and Whirlwind Attack.

Spells.txt
Corrected the names for the a couple of the Blightcaster spells (can you tell what I am playing next?) and added the missing Thorn Blade spell. Also added the description for Plant Growth.

As usual, you just have to download the linked txt documents and replace the ones in your Builder folder to make the updates. If you spot anything I missed (I am sure there is a bunch) just call it out here and I will make the updates as quickly as I can.

bookmarked

Here's 2 more things:

Dark Hunter gets Feat slots for Favored Enemies but can't actually select them in the Builder. (ClassOnlyClass: Ranger line in Feats.txt?)
Dark Hunter Core Enhancement should be Opportune Moment instead of Escape Through the Dark.

Also a question:

A Dark Hunter build posted by Strimtom took the Feat: Nimble Fingers, but I can't select it in the Builder. Is this feat supposed to be available for Dark Hunters?

Thanks!

Yhelm

Thanks @bookmarked for letting me know about all of these! They are pretty simple fixes.

I have updated the Enhancements.txt and Feats.txt files with the above changes. Enhancements has had the name of the DH core enhancement changed. I added DH to the class list of who could take the Nimble Fingers feat, and added a new Favored Enemies feat specific to DH with the shorter list.

All these fixes have been tested and work as intended. Just click the above links in this post to download and replace your copies with the updates.

LrdSlvrhnd

Hi, I was just updating one of my characters and couldn't reconcile the favor, so I went through... Turn the Page & The Devils to Pay are both worth 5 favor, not 6 as listed here! (Also Fire Over Morgrave isn't listed at all, and is worth 9 favor.) The wiki for Turn the Page was incorrect but that's now been fixed.

Quests.txt

Last edited:

SardaofChaos

Hi, I was just updating one of my characters and couldn't reconcile the favor, so I went through... Turn the Page & The Devils to Pay are both worth 5 favor, not 6 as listed here! (Also Fire Over Morgrave isn't listed at all, and is worth 9 favor.) The wiki for Turn the Page was incorrect but that's now been fixed.

Quests.txt
I have a pull request in that added Fire Over Morgrave (among other fixes) which hasn't been merged, so I assume ChicagoChris has been occupied. You can always grab Quests.txt (and the other Compendium data files) from my fork of the repository (note that I'll always have an active pull request to the main repository if I've made any changes). I'm checking into the favor counts right now - the wiki says Turn the Page is 6 favor, so I'll want to check the whole pack in game later today.

Edit: Turn the Page is definitely 6 favor. You're right about The Devils to Pay being only 5, though - I've amended the pull request to include that fix.

IMPORTANT: Github does something stupid to text files (and maybe other files) if you try and download them individually using the download raw file option (as well as if you just copy the contents of the file as displayed in your browser). Unfortunately this results in undetectable file differences that cause Compendium to not launch anymore. If you're grabbing updates from my branch, you have to grab the entire zip file and just pull the compendium data files out of that downloaded zip.

kxC4Key.png

Last edited:

SardaofChaos

Made a few more fixes (somehow missed that What Dreams May Come had the wrong favor when I went over Vecna Unleashed last time, so @LrdSlvrhnd you were right that there were two quests off) and added the Illithid Invasion and Legendary Chronoscope entries.

As before they're in the active pull request, and in the meantime for people who just want the updates here's a zip with the changed compendium files since 4.4.0: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8e2y....4.0.zip?rlkey=swurarw8b23c55f7o9jizxe8q&dl=0

bookmarked

Two minor fixes that only affect descriptions:

First, I forgot to point out before that the Dark Hunter enhancement Opportune Moment has a 10 sec duration as opposed to Escape Through the Dark, which had a 5 sec duration, so the duration needs a change in the description.

Second, for the Aasimar racial Bond Feat the descriptions are switched between the two choices.