Orchid Blossom 172k Crit after Update

Xaxx

hence why you should always run a quest once after any update to determine the likely impact of changes on your build. Folks scream and shout but usually after discovering some modifications to their builds they're good to go again
hmm rant, run quest, find bug, point out bug... and now your saying that thats supposed to change their mind because they can abuse a bug for a week or two and look its all better.... umm screaming about something then finding a bug doesnt make your build good to go again...

so yeah dont really get your comment

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
This is probably the same effect that Tilomere is getting with his Ki bolt crit tics—spellpower, melee power and caster level scaling together
That's similar, but not the same. Tilomere is abusing the fact that Ki Bolt (and the other Monk spells) are applying their 3x MP scaling (or whatever) to anything they carry with them, i.e. Inevitable (which should only be using its own spellpower scaling, not using Ki Bolt's scaling too).
Orchid Blossom and Fan of Knives on the other hand natively use both spellpower and MP/RP to scale, even though they don't mention this (and it's obviously not WAI); hence the bug.
The real question (beyond the obvious bug) is
A) whether Orchid Blossom's MP/RP scaling percentages are working as intended,
B) whether the double damage to undead/aberrations/evil outsiders is actually applying to all enemies,
C) whether it actually has its intended MCL cap of 20

AMess

putting on my Ready Player One cap, DDO is full of fun easter eggs like this...thanks for sharing!

Ostwind-Cannith

What server are you mainly playing on? I need to come shoot you with it
been blasting friends with it for like a year now in tavern brawls. granted I wasn't getting 160k but 50k will kill any player nicely. I knew something was up for quite a while but never felt the need to share as I know how they like to smash that nerf button.

Orchidblossomwasgutted

That's similar, but not the same. Tilomere is abusing the fact that Ki Bolt (and the other Monk spells) are applying their 3x MP scaling (or whatever) to anything they carry with them, i.e. Inevitable (which should only be using its own spellpower scaling, not using Ki Bolt's scaling too).
Orchid Blossom and Fan of Knives on the other hand natively use both spellpower and MP/RP to scale, even though they don't mention this (and it's obviously not WAI); hence the bug.
The real question (beyond the obvious bug) is
A) whether Orchid Blossom's MP/RP scaling percentages are working as intended,
B) whether the double damage to undead/aberrations/evil outsiders is actually applying to all enemies,
C) whether it actually has its intended MCL cap of 20
Honestly, they need to go through and fix all the Games' immediate issues dealing with Performance and lag an stuff before they go and Nerf hammer abunch of things again. Just my Two Cents

LurkingVeteran

These hybrid spells + abilities have always worked like that. If this is not WAI, the only way to fix it is probably a multi-selector. I always thought it was kind of cool because it is the only thing in the game that favored hybrids (SP + MP), but maybe that was not intended. I haven't tried the new Blossom but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the geometry is much worse than energy burst/breath though.