Overall, Melee's got nerfed.

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
I did some thorough testing last night. Basically, solo re-running over and over a set of 5 different quests (which are geared as a battery of mobs room to room) which I have hard-coded memorized and can provide some difficulty at R7.

Not.Much.Difference.

I mean altogether it stayed about the same. I actually think in some instances my overall DPS went down accounting for the nerf on my weapon. On other occassions I do feel things like adren+boulder's hitting slightly harder than normal (if I don't whiff due to lag).

If I wanted to be slightly delusional I'll just say I got buffed but it's not really noticeable at all in practice.

And frankly, accounting for the fact that the lower "TRing" levels got hands-down nerfed... I would say that update 62 was a net melee nerf on balance from levels 1 to Cap.

Smokewolf

For imbues, yes they were nerfed. However this was done to "normalize" imbues prior to more imbue dice being (hopefully) later added.

Meanwhile the W increase for pure melees should be seen as an overall plus. Even if not everyone wa able to benefit from it with their current build.

-Smoke

Last edited:

Smokewolf

That is not true. It was done because "imbue builds are overwhelming the meta".
That's cause the dev's gave everyone and their brother imbues. However, the imbues all on their own aren't a big deal when mobs have resists and immunities that don't match their CR or class.

Phern

Well we just finished a raid train and the melees seemed to get a big lift, especially barbarians whereas ranged felt they were generally the same damage, thus throwing off the range-melee balance again in favour of melees

Smokewolf

Well we just finished a raid train and the melees seemed to get a big lift, especially barbarians whereas ranged felt they were generally the same damage, thus throwing off the range-melee balance again in favour of melees
You should know by now that the dev's hate ranged.

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
What's the meta Ranged build nowadays and the problems associated with it... bout time I take up a new cause.

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
the problems associated with them is that they are depressing to play during lags
the fun of trying to hit a mob and outta 10 arrows only 1 connect is really this special kind of ranged experience

yikes-chrissy-teigen.gif

Even tab targetting?

How about all arrows have an invisible AoE effect /zone where anything in that zone it's assumed by the servers that it hit (as in targetted! since you have to still roll to-hit AC etc.)

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
I Love that this whole persona elminster is either just a troll or severely limited in his cognitive abilities and its really hard to distinguish

allways great to express genuine problems just to receive a "solution" that screams trollin
How is what I proposed "trolling"? Are you trolling?