Overall, Melee's got nerfed.

ACJ97F

Just don't throw peanuts into his cage. He always posts some doom n' gloom or shock title to grab attention, then starts taking both sides
of his own argument, until the thread devolves and gets closed, or people stop biting.

So, yeah... good luck. )

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
it reads as if u wanna make Ranged hits have strikethru but not in the IPS way but the melee way
No way. The problem seems to be that ranged attacks "miss" because of non-in-game reasons ala lag or janky graphics or whatever. So, this will never get fixed in a MMO, so a work around is as long as you fire "in the general direction" of the target you get to roll for a hit.

Guntango

Contessor

No way. The problem seems to be that ranged attacks "miss" because of non-in-game reasons ala lag or janky graphics or whatever. So, this will never get fixed in a MMO, so a work around is as long as you fire "in the general direction" of the target you get to roll for a hit.
Or don’t hold auto attack. Click each arrow and the hit rate is higher. Especially on repeaters.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

YMMV but my barb is pretty content with the W and Active Attacks changes, so I don't feel they've been nerfed this time, and I have had some fun with feat swapping more active attacks into my attack chains...🙂👍

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
what exactly do u believe we are doing? this isnt about tab targetting and u know it
and contessor definetly has some kind of relationship because their brain seems to have very simmilar malfunctions just like yours...
No dude I might be misunderstanding the problem.

The problem the way I see it is that when you "take aim" at the monster because of lag or whatever your reticule or targetting cross is not exactly where the game thinks it should be. So you "miss."

Is that the issue? I don't know, I never played an actual ranged character before.

Contessor

what exactly do u believe we are doing? this isnt about tab targetting and u know it
and contessor definetly has some kind of relationship because their brain seems to have very simmilar malfunctions just like yours...
Please quote me what I said that makes no sense.

The conversation was about ranged attacks lagging and not hitting.

I mentioned if you don’t auto attack or hold and attack you hit far more often. It’s a point to potentially the actual problem and not necessarily the solution. I even said it’s not ideal.

I cannot help if your reading comprehension is poor. No troll here. Test it yourself.

ACJ97F

It's much quieter, when you can't read any of their irrelevant comments. Turn on the "Ding, fries are done!" account filter.

Contessor

Or don’t hold auto attack. Click each arrow and the hit rate is higher. Especially on repeaters.

this doesnt work nor does it make sense especially since clicking each arrow solely makes thrower attack speed faster while having zero impact on bows
Reading comprehension is taught in third grade. At no time did I mention or respond to attack speed. Hit rate (as in “to hit”) was the topic. Read better and insult less. You might look more intelligent.

I dont Like gimps

Reading comprehension is taught in third grade. At no time did I mention or respond to attack speed. Hit rate (as in “to hit”) was the topic. Read better and insult less. You might look more intelligent.
1. I genuinely cant tell if that was irony wasnt by accident ("insult less" and then insults me) 2. apparently u arent cappable of more than reading perhabs then u wouldve understood the part in which I said that actively clicking doesnt have any effect on hit rate and that it only affects fire rate on some weapons

Contessor

1. I genuinely cant tell if that was irony wasnt by accident ("insult less" and then insults me) 2. apparently u arent cappable of more than reading perhabs then u wouldve understood the part in which I said that actively clicking doesnt have any effect on hit rate and that it only affects fire rate on some weapons
Well considering you flat out insulted me and made an accusatory post about me being someone else without any merit, my response seemed appropriate in defense.

And as I keep contending, try it. The lag gets locked with auto attack. It is very apparent on a repeater. If you let go of auto attack and switch targets, you miss less often. As I said try it before you dispute it. Maybe it’s just what I see, but if my timing is good, I can skip the normal misses.

I dont Like gimps

Well considering you flat out insulted me and made an accusatory post about me being someone else without any merit, my response seemed appropriate in defense.

And as I keep contending, try it. The lag gets locked with auto attack. It is very apparent on a repeater. If you let go of auto attack and switch targets, you miss less often. As I said try it before you dispute it. Maybe it’s just what I see, but if my timing is good, I can skip the normal misses.
the fact that u think Im auto attacking is an insult too .....