PDK + Dragon Lord, most ideal?

Elminster

I can't think of a reason not to go PDK for Dragon Lord. You get a HUGE + 15 DC bonus on ALL your tactics that stack with everything.

All your attacks and damage gets shifted to CHA which plays into ALL your special Dlord moves AND your trance can be tuned to CHA so you dan still throw on all the rages...

I mean it just works.

What am I missing?

droid327

All your tactics are based on STR though (or DEX for Trip). Only Roar itself can use STR/CHA. So yeah you gain +15 DC, but if you're treating STR as a dump stat then you still come out behind on your Imp Trips and Stunning Blows.

Plus, there's more sources for STR than CHA by endgame, even without being able to Rage.

Elminster

All your tactics are based on STR though (or DEX for Trip). Only Roar itself can use STR/CHA. So yeah you gain +15 DC, but if you're treating STR as a dump stat then you still come out behind on your Imp Trips and Stunning Blows.

Plus, there's more sources for STR than CHA by endgame, even without being able to Rage.
interesting. yes interesting. The STR trance isn't affected by madstone or rage pot? they're only talking about true rage right?

Randomdude1223

I can't think of a reason not to go PDK for Dragon Lord. You get a HUGE + 15 DC bonus on ALL your tactics that stack with everything.

All your attacks and damage gets shifted to CHA which plays into ALL your special Dlord moves AND your trance can be tuned to CHA so you dan still throw on all the rages...

I mean it just works.

What am I missing?
Kind of irrelevant, but if you want to try iconic with Dragonlord, try Shadarkai light pick, which has 4 crit multipliers +2 from Dragonlord.

Use dragonroar to turn them helpless. Use an adrenaline + chain attack, and then that gets you a +8 crit multiplier AOE attack. I think it would work better than PDK, imo, since you can get your dcs pretty easily regardless of race.

Elminster

Kind of irrelevant, but if you want to try iconic with Dragonlord, try Shadarkai light pick, which has 4 crit multipliers +2 from Dragonlord.

Use dragonroar to turn them helpless. Use an adrenaline + chain attack, and then that gets you a +8 crit multiplier AOE attack. I think it would work better than PDK, imo, since you can get your dcs pretty easily regardless of race.

I really hate it that this game's combat system essentially revolves around crit profile and nothing else... it sucks.

jwukane

Pretty sure that adrenaline hit is the first mob you hit, 1 time. Not aoe, nor all 3 times.

Randomdude1223

adren applies to a single target correct
Probably better to use a handaxe and swashbuckler for +2 threat range instead of a lightpick, which nets you +5 crit multiplier (+7 with chain attack). On the wiki, it says the handaxe is considered a light weapon, so it should work with chain attacks from Shadarkai.
Anyhow, sorry to digress, and good luck.

Elminster

Nah PDK are an abomination. Even if the stats fit I an loathe to play one because they look absolutely horrid.

Owlbear

Sunder Soul can also be CHA and Sunder isn't that hard to hit with all the tactics bonus, so STR isn't needed that much. Roar is most important anyway and I wouldn't even go for Sunder Soul myself. If you go CHA you can get Greater Color Spray which gives you an extra option for helpeless enemies. But yes, STR based is still best option.

Last edited:

Elminster

But couldn't you jack up strength as well, just under CHA and really reap both ? I feel like I can get a far higher DC Tactics by combining the DC bonus from Cormyrean tactics with like a mediocre 84 strength (still high but not like triple digits crazy) ?

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
images

Owlbear

But couldn't you jack up strength as well, just under CHA and really reap both ? I feel like I can get a far higher DC Tactics by combining the DC bonus from Cormyrean tactics with like a mediocre 84 strength (still high but not like triple digits crazy) ?
Depends on the content you play. That works fine in Heroics and lower end content. But it's far from ideal in endgame.

Elminster

Depends on the content you play. That works fine in Heroics and lower end content. But it's far from ideal in endgame.
Huh, interesting. I wonder why that is? STR and CHA aren't too dofficult to come by in endgame I think.